Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Mariana Horchata posted:

so jealous, i went out spotting last sunday and saw about 15 of them before i stopped counting...

also my mom just found my dads old camera (Konica FS-1) that ive been asking about for months and said its all mine so i guess its time to learn how to photograph analog style once again (its been about 15yrs now gosh)! should be a good time, that is if its even functional to begin with :q:

Yess old cameræ are the best

I've been using my dad's old 1970s Minolta srt102 ever since i was a teen and it's the best, lucky for me i live near one of the only two still existing camera shops in the state so when it needed light seal work i could get that done and i also have a source of good film

I even took my wedding pics with it :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Also hi olive garden person, glad you're here! we had a really good thread a while back about infinite bread sticks i hope it's in the goldmine

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Munchables posted:

But what if vietnam gave you Olive Garden flashbacks?

Surfin' bird playing as breadsticks shoot through the air
"This is my table, there are many like it but this one is mine."

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

punchymcpunch

HOW TALL ARE YOU, PRIVATE?

sir five nine sir

FIVE FOOT NINE I DIDNT KNOW THEY STACKED ANTIPASTOS THAT HIGH

Twenty Four

You had better un-F yourself or I will unscrew your head and shove breadsticks down your neck!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

Twenty Four posted:

You had better un-F yourself or I will unscrew your head and shove breadsticks down your neck!

ive been playing smt4 lately and laughed when i got to the training with Demonee-ho and he told me he was gonna unscrew my head and hee-ho down my neck

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Twenty Four

"Let me see your all you can eat breadstick and salad face!"

"AAAAAAAAAHHH!"

"Bull, now let me see your REAL breadstick and salad face!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

"You won't make it past appetizers!"

Twenty Four

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

ive been playing smt4 lately and laughed when i got to the training with Demonee-ho and he told me he was gonna unscrew my head and hee-ho down my neck

I don't know this game but that sounds great! lol

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Munchables posted:

But what if vietnam gave you Olive Garden flashbacks?

Surfin' bird playing as breadsticks shoot through the air
"This is my table, there are many like it but this one is mine."

viet nam was crazy but aint got nothin on last time i went to olive garden

POOL IS CLOSED

Twenty Four posted:

I don't know this game but that sounds great! lol

atlus's long-running shin megami tensei series (the older, coked up sibling to Pokémon)

punchymcpunch

what's the place you can go for a breadstick now and then

O-L-I-V-E-G-A-R-D-E-N

hey there hi there would you like to hear the specials again?

O-L-I-V-E-G-A-R-D-E-N

alnilam

punchymcpunch posted:

what's the place you can go for a breadstick now and then

O-L-I-V-E-G-A-R-D-E-N

hey there hi there would you like to hear the specials again?

O-L-I-V-E-G-A-R-D-E-N

alnilam

The hunger... The hunger.....

Twenty Four

I just want to point out that we are currently on an Olive Garden plus Full Metal Jacket tangent in the chat thread that is probably thread worthy and that I love byob.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Gunnery Sgt.: Private Pyle, what is this in your foot locker?

Pvt. Pyle: IT'S A BOTTOMLESS SALAD FROM OLIVE GARDEN, DRILL SERGEANT!

Gunnery Sgt.: WHAT THE HELL IS A BOTTOMLESS SALAD DOING IN MY BARRACKS, PYLE?!?!

Pvt. Pyle: I WAS HUNGRY, SIR!

Gunnery Sgt.: DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, PYLE?!?!

Pvt. Pyle: YES DRILL SERGEANT! IT MEANS WE CAN GO OUT ON DEPLOYMENT AND NEVER STARVE!

Gunnery Sgt.: OUTSTANDING, PYLE! Because of you, we can have unlimited Ceasar Salad and breadsticks- now what do ya say we go home to my place and I introduce you to my sister- she's a Libra you know!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the youtube channel where the guy opens up and eats antique rations from history but it's actually just medicore pasta

POOL IS CLOSED

Putty posted:

the youtube channel where the guy opens up and eats antique rations from history but it's actually just medicore pasta

medicore pasta is a midlevel spell developed in northern italy

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
dunkin donuts coffee is some of the most rancid stuff i have tasted in my entire life

punchymcpunch

*waves hand mysteriously* you will never taste a more wretched cup of scum and... coffee.... beans?

alnilam

imo new englanders need to let go of acting like dunkin donuts is "their thing", it's been a ubiquitous national chain for decades at this point it's like ppl from illinois being all "oh yeah mcdonalds illinois pride wooo"

sorry that's my slightly unchill opinion

alnilam

if it's any consolation their stuff isn't very good so youre not losing out on much by not claiming it as a regional point of pride

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
lol if you're not measuring ideal water temp before pouring it into your French press filled with coffee your ground with your conical burr grinder :smug:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
its like if they fermented a duck in it its so bad

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

Starman Super DX posted:

lol if you're not measuring ideal water temp before pouring it into your French press filled with coffee your ground with your conical burr grinder :smug:

i actually do this

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
this coffee is so poo poo but i am still drinking for it cause i will egt my moneys worth

alnilam

AverySpecialfriend posted:

i actually do this

same except for the water temp, u can just wait a few minutes after boil and it's good enough

alnilam

oh also i usually do pour over in a $5 plastic cone

anf you can get a good burr grinder for cheap if you get a hand powered one!!

#coffe #sip #afternooncup #:coffeepal:

Twenty Four

Full Metal Jacket drill sergeant -

"I bet you could suck your coffee down through one of those tiny stirring straws!"

Sergeant Hartman please, just trying to enjoy a coffee here, not even enlisted!

Starman Super DX

AverySpecialfriend posted:

i actually do this

I used to do my coffee this way after reading the coffee thread in GWS and getting super excited about it for awhile but after I broke my second replacement carafe I gave up and bought a cheap drip off of Meh. it gets the job done. besides I feel like it's a lot harder to find whole bean coffee these days- fresh or otherwise. no one has time for good coffee anymore :(

Tell me more!

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

:same: except "clever coffee dripper" instead of pourover cone

and I sprung for the electric burr mill, why crank by hand when electrons are lining up to do my work for me?

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

I like the hand grinder turning it for a minute every morning is a nice kinda zen part of my daily routine + it's like a third the price

Manifisto

Starman Super DX posted:

I used to do my coffee this way after reading the coffee thread in GWS and getting super excited about it for awhile but after I broke my second replacement carafe I gave up and bought a cheap drip off of Meh. it gets the job done. besides I feel like it's a lot harder to find whole bean coffee these days- fresh or otherwise. no one has time for good coffee anymore :(

are you near a trader joes? I am quite fond of their Organic Fair Trade Honduran, also their Bali Blue Moon is good, and their prices are not ridiculous.

yes I have a home roaster, I used to use it a lot but the smoke :negative:

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

are you near a trader joes? I am quite fond of their Organic Fair Trade Honduran, also their Bali Blue Moon is good, and their prices are not ridiculous.

roast outside that's what i do sometimes

a fan helps a lot if doing it inside

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
kreuig

ToastGhost

20% cooler
I meant to say thanks to all the greetings in here but then got nervous again and didn't post. Anyway I'm glad my thread is going well and thanks for the warm welcome, I think I'm catching on.

As for current chat I don't drink or even like coffee which means I'll make a poor med student one day and otherwise I just down copious amounts of tea and energy drinks. As for chip flavors, I can't make a definitive ranking but I probably like the spicy sweet chili doritos even if they are loving doritos. That and SMT4 looks and sounds really cool, the sound part I know is true from listening to the OST.

Also I've lurked LP's since... like... how long have these drat forums been around? Anycase I recognize some of you but I am almost certainly unknown around these parts / the board in general. Probably as proofed by the lack of avatar.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

roast outside that's what i do sometimes

a fan helps a lot if doing it inside

Manifesto: excuse me, why are you standing outside my house?

Stranger: I'm here to help you smoke your coffee. I'm your number one fan!

Manifesto: wait, what?

Fan: you're smoking coffee indoors, so I figured I'd give you some moral support

Manifesto: did Alnilam send you?

Fan (Now looking guilty): I uh, don't know what you're talking about?

Manifesto: Yeah, he did- Al, come on out of those bushes!

Alnilam (sipping a home-smoked pumpkin spice latte with a mocha twist way out of season with zero damns to give) Yo!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ToastGhost posted:

I meant to say thanks to all the greetings in here but then got nervous again and didn't post. Anyway I'm glad my thread is going well and thanks for the warm welcome, I think I'm catching on.

As for current chat I don't drink or even like coffee which means I'll make a poor med student one day and otherwise I just down copious amounts of tea and energy drinks. As for chip flavors, I can't make a definitive ranking but I probably like the spicy sweet chili doritos even if they are loving doritos. That and SMT4 looks and sounds really cool, the sound part I know is true from listening to the OST.

Also I've lurked LP's since... like... how long have these drat forums been around? Anycase I recognize some of you but I am almost certainly unknown around these parts / the board in general. Probably as proofed by the lack of avatar.

i likd the pingas robotnik sig

Starman Super DX

Manifisto posted:

I think there's one around where I work but I've never actually seen it to confirm it's existence :shrug:
there's another posh grocery store half an hour away from where I live and they've had some really great fresh Whole bean coffee.
chocolate meltdown :coffeepal:

Tell me more!

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
i get costco coffee (they roast it in house so its usually rly fresh) and grind w a hand crank and then click my water boiler and then let the water cool briefly, put all dat shiet in my french press n let it steep 5min, stir 1-2x

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Boj

alnilam posted:

I've never had pour over coffee and I hate avocado. Sometimes I feel like I've failed as a millennial.

I'm transgen-X