Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trabisnikof posted:

It's a classic power play. They make you wait to prove you need them.

Does "power play" mean 'being unspeakably rude to people who deeply resent it but have to put up with it'? How does that do anything but erode the willingness of people you do it to to be nice to you ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LaserShark posted:

I regret Spicey leaving only because it means we're left with ShuckS, who is a lot less fun.

Solid.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Javes posted:

Saying "I haven't spoken with the President on that yet" only works for specific period of time so they need to carefully manage when the begin the briefing.

Idk I think she'll just keep saying it even if Trump was whispering in her ear.

Hint: she's never going to speak with the president about his believes in science.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Your Taint posted:

Yup. Huge Trump circle jerk.

THE tAPE IS REAL

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

Does "power play" mean 'being unspeakably rude to people who deeply resent it but have to put up with it'? How does that do anything but erode the willingness of people you do it to to be nice to you ever?

Like many of the Trump administration's weirder foibles, it's a classic tactic of authoritarians like Putin but implemented as ineptly as possible.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

It's a classic power play. They make you wait to prove you need them.

I don't understand who they're power playing against

or what it's for

Hell, even in business when someone does that it just makes me way less likely to do business with them.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I believe you will find that it is called "negging".

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
briefing feed is live

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I like how the three reporters are just standing side by side up there. Who are you and what are you doing?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Shucks is a great nickname for her, drat.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
reporters just mentioned Scaramucci will be going up to the podium with ShuckS

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

No Butt Stuff posted:

I like how the three reporters are just standing side by side up there. Who are you and what are you doing?

You've never seen a WH press conference before, I take it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is the sound not working on the stream for anyone else?

Why are two people speaking at once?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/SeanPEngland/status/888440780150460420

What are the odds Trump is finding this out right now and fires this guy by tomorrow?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

They said on camera not on audio

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

We can't hear the reporters talking over each other into their microphones because that's not the audio we're supposed to be getting, which is the podium mic. These people are just giving blurbs for their respective networks before the press conference starts.

EDIT: THERE'S SCOOCH or whatever lovely nickname that punchable face dude has.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
aww shucks it's time

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Drone posted:

You've never seen a WH press conference before, I take it.

I've watched plenty, I just haven't watched any for a few months.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:lol: another meaningless executive order.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Pretty much. See how alpha that is?

quote:

Alpha Male Power Moves

4 years ago
Making people wait

Show up late. The King does not wait patiently for guests to arrive. The King arrives for meet and greets when guests are assembled in breathless awe. Principle applies equally to throne rooms and bar rooms. Arrivals, replies to questions, decisions to consensus building exercises, request fulfillments — all should be delayed to the point of provoking discomfort in others, but not beyond. People naturally assume the higher status of those who don’t jump when asked.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I don't understand who they're power playing against

or what it's for

Hell, even in business when someone does that it just makes me way less likely to do business with them.

The press! And if they get agitated because of the delay or decide to discuss media access because of it, well then the Spokesperson gets to look calm and rational in the clip where they chide the reporters for wasting time instead of asking about an important issue.

mdemone posted:

I believe you will find that it is called "negging".

Trump negged the gently caress out of America

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Spicer...stopped Spicing? :smith:

fake edit: I don't give a poo poo if someone said it already, I needed to pay my respects

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
They are talking to the anchors.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
lol wut "to finish Made in America week, Trump is going to meet with survivors of Pearl Harbor"

idgi

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Pellisworth posted:

lol wut "to finish Made in America week, Trump is going to meet with survivors of Pearl Harbor"

idgi

America's #1 export is ARE TROOPS

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

man, spicer set a low bar to clear to not be as bad as he was.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao "just look at his great television ratings."

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Holy gently caress "Just look at his great television ratings"

What a loving joke

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Bicyclops posted:

I don't think anyone believes he is, it's just a funny joke to picture him as a Charlie Brown figure after all of his big flubs and his retreat into the bushes. Every time he got up to the podium, it was like that scene in the West Wing when Josh gives the press briefing.

It still depresses me to find out that Josh was modeled after Rahm Emanuel rather than an actual human being.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Look at this loving slimy piece of poo poo.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

the people get it even if the media doesn't

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Welcome to the podium, Green Goblin.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

:siren: TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES :siren:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

communications director: first official act and no one can hear you.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is some limp-wristed, low-energy poo poo.

HAHA the lack of clapping.

:lol: i hpe he goes on to make a tremendous amount of money.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
loving lol, first thing Scaramucci does is get up there and not speak into the microphone so the press pool yells at him they can't hear

an auspicious start, Mr. Communications Director

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Congrats, Sarah!!! :downsbravo:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

it's so weird how they keep on talking about how much money Spicer is going to get

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

mcmagic posted:

Look at this loving slimy piece of poo poo.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Thing guy seems like he desperately wants to slip in a "badda-bing" in his sing-song cadence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

jesus christ, money is literally everything to these people.

e: women you won't understand about brothers

• Locked thread