Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Contracts are out. Rewards in MP are garbage (one synaptic gear piece, one gesture/taunt) but Zombies continuing the simple but good formula of keys (60) and salvage (250).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Welp I'm ready to be disapointed that WW2 zombies will have the actor of Yuri from Red Alert 2 but not being said character thanks to COD twitter announcing the next game's zombies cast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfSM76jxTTg

Also David Tennant's a player character in WW2 zombies too.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

This flawless 3 HATR TDM game is brought to you by Rewind and the VPR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj5KMZ7eUvw

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Posted it a few days ago but it's now officially revealed, for uh, the three of you that gives a poo poo about this dumb thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSYUQDRTQ6s

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Your orders -- my ideas.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Wazzit posted:

Posted it a few days ago but it's now officially revealed, for uh, the three of you that gives a poo poo about this dumb thing.

One of the reasons I like IW's zombies more than the others is that it doesn't give a poo poo about explaining why there are zombies everywhere and trying to make it all grimdark. It's just "here's some fuckin' zombies wearing 80's clothes and legwarmers, now shoot the fuckers" while some Twisted Sister plays in the background.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

SubponticatePoster posted:

One of the reasons I like IW's zombies more than the others is that it doesn't give a poo poo about explaining why there are zombies everywhere and trying to make it all grimdark. It's just "here's some fuckin' zombies wearing 80's clothes and legwarmers, now shoot the fuckers" while some Twisted Sister plays in the background.

It changes according to the map but yeah. It just seems this is trying to redo World at War but without the poo poo that made World at War good.

Wazzit posted:

I remember some folk actually claiming the leak was like WAY BETTER than what they showed at Comic-Con. I mean, I understand toning down the gore for public audiences but... eh.

Also that new boss zombie is so much like the Fleshpound from Killing Floor, I went and fired up KF2 and tried the weekly. Gotta make the zeds into balloons with bullets. :black101:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Treyarch zombies isn't so much 'grimdark' as it is just insane and all over the place. I mean look at this
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies_(Treyarch)/Story

This is starting to border Kingdom Hearts-levels of convoluted and impenetrable.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
That's almost as long as the Extinction guide.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DLC4 better be Extinction with no zombies or I'm going to be hella mad.

Also anyone playing tonight? I could go for either MP or Zombies for the bounties.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

DLC4 better be Extinction with no zombies or I'm going to be hella mad.

Also anyone playing tonight? I could go for either MP or Zombies for the bounties.
Yeah, I'm getting on now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Treyarch zombies isn't so much 'grimdark' as it is just insane and all over the place. I mean look at this
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies_(Treyarch)/Story

This is starting to border Kingdom Hearts-levels of convoluted and impenetrable.

Insane, all over the place, and attempts to not be a silly story.

Said, as Black Ops 3 has us fighting in a German Castle, an island lab owned by the Japanese, and literally fuckin' Stalingrad. And a dimensional void filled with bits and pieces of every map up to that point.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

SubponticatePoster posted:

I pretty much assume Infinity Ward was inspired by Stay Tuned at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVcurvRYqY

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Sorry I haven't been on much lately. I was out of town all last week and this week I've been building my new gaming/work PC so I've been playing with it. Hopefully next week I'll have the renovations done on my man cave and I'll be back into nightly pub stomps.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Got a new phone, and have been busy customizing it to my liking.

Also, watching anime and CS:GO's Mountain Dew™ League (ESEA), because CoD netcode is just loving garbage, and I am really not willing to deal with it right now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's ok Macy's, it's nice to not have yo around so I can actually get some loving kills for a change.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Hey, I managed to score a cerberus before he did the other night. Maybe you just need to git gud :p

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vicissitude posted:

Hey, I managed to score a cerberus before he did the other night. Maybe you just need to git gud :p

What’s a Cerberus?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
hope y'all are playing god's true one and only FPS game starting today

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Splatoon is actually bad, hth.

New bundle is up: 5 boxes + 1 guaranteed hero skin for 250 keys.

So 100 keys for a chance to be captain price or ghost!

Also this week’s gift is 40 keys. So with the 60 of zombie’s bounty you’re essentially paying for 5 regular boxes and getting your hero skin for free!

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 21, 2017

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'm playing fortnite. Though I would play splatoon if I had a switch.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Splatoon is actually bad, hth.

New bundle is up: 5 boxes + 1 guaranteed hero skin for 250 keys.

So 100 keys for a chance to be captain price or ghost!

Also this week’s gift is 40 keys. So with the 60 of zombie’s bounty you’re essentially paying for 5 regular boxes and getting your hero skin for free!

Some of us have the bounty done already, thank you very much.

Though sign me up for the guaranteed hero skin.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bought the bundle once because why not and got my waifu Salter for FTL :woop:

Now to farm up keys and get a nice stockpile going again.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Brrrrrap.

There's somehow both a fury kill and a quad feed in there.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

widespread posted:

Brrrrrap.

There's somehow both a fury kill and a quad feed in there.

Nice to see I'm not the only one running the Ken Jeong announcer pack.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Scuf repaired and ready to shoot some mans tonight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just occurred to me that I can talk poo poo about Macy's in Spanish and only revo would understand? :krad:

Also some good games tonight. Even the ones where Macy's raged out at getting 2nd place and also stealing my loving final kill-cams. gently caress your and your last bullet bullshit! :argh:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I don't care about my place, I only care about not dying to complete loving bullshit night after night.

If I go 33-29 and get first place, I'm still not going to be happy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Move the Trumplandia and you won’t have connection issues anymore.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

But... what is I get tired of winning, like Javes? :ohdear:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Y'all left too early last night. Last game me, Jack, and Frick ended up in a lobby with some sweaty fuckers and 3 idiot pubbies and we still managed to win, 100-96. I ended up 1st with close to a 2KD and Jack got the final killcam with a hipfire M1 shot :black101:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I will be around tonight to Yokai some more and work on Combat Focus challenge and assuming the contracts aren’t complete poo poo, doing those too.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Two new weapons are live: the long-awaited Gauss Rifle (semi auto AR that increases damage if you ADS long enough), and a revolver that can fire faster from the hip, and reduces its spread with sustained fire. Nothing in the notes about making variants of older DLC weapons craftable.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Twenty shekels says the revolver epic is gonna be akimbo revolvers. Because be real, being a sicario or just a western guy in space sounds fun.

... as I have three separate classes with akimbo poo poo on them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Have to cater to the McCree fans somehow... they already did Reaper.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Facetious posted:

Have to cater to the McCree fans somehow... they already did Reaper.

And the Gauss Rifle is Widowmaker...

Now gimme Winston :getin:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

And the Gauss Rifle is Widowmaker...

Now gimme Winston :getin:

Surprise, the R-VN is for Winston. Does energy damage, and when you can, turn into FISTS TO PUNCH.

Also the R-VN is a shortened version of raven, hence the bird decal on the sides.

Also also, the epic revolver is just a free scope. I think. And also it's a pistol so Akimbo comes naturally.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

widespread posted:

Surprise, the R-VN is for Winston. Does energy damage, and when you can, turn into FISTS TO PUNCH.

If the gun doesn't fire electricity with reckless abandon, it ain't Winston.

And I'm not just saying that because I just realized the Steel Dragon is basically Winston's gun, but with plasma, nosiree.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 25, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JackGeneric posted:

Two new weapons are live: the long-awaited Gauss Rifle (semi auto AR that increases damage if you ADS long enough), and a revolver that can fire faster from the hip, and reduces its spread with sustained fire. Nothing in the notes about making variants of older DLC weapons craftable.

Guess I'm opening my boxes today and not get any of them!

Contract rewards: 15k Wolverines XP, 50 keys
Bounties rewards: 90 keys, 500.

:siren: :siren: :siren: NEW WEAPON ASSETS FOUND. VEMON-X WEAPON IS IN THE GAME. :siren: :siren: :siren:

EXTINCTION HYPE Y'ALL

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

drat, that's a lot of keys.

• Locked thread