Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ImpAtom posted:

He revealed he had serious alcohol problems and stepped back to just acting.

Well don't I feel like a dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't hear about the alcohol part, that's really lovely and I feel bad now.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
ouch

https://twitter.com/tatianasiegel27/status/888449408848842752

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

quote:

Of course, there's a downside to the passing-the-torch scenarios: It's hard to imagine fans or Reeves being excited about following someone who is not Bruce Wayne for a Batman trilogy.

fuckin speak for yourself, dude

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Is there anyone who read and did not enjoy Dick Grayson as Batman?

Show yourself.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

SonicRulez posted:

Show yourself.

Thematically speaking I loved the idea of having Dick be the bright, smiling face opposed to Gotham's dour underworld with Master Planner Bruce being the Justice League's batman. I felt that was an idea that was abandoned way too quickly.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This Batman solo film went from Affleck writing/directing/starring to just starring. I think on Monday Reeves said they threw out Affleck's script

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

purple death ray posted:

fuckin speak for yourself, dude

I got really confused because I thought they were talking about George Reeves.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

SonicRulez posted:

Show yourself.

DickBats forever, but he really needs a scowling DamianRobin to be complete. I shudder to think what the DCCU version would be like though.

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."
Best case scenario in my mind is Affleck's Batman gets injured in JL but creates a suit that lets him keep going. Solo film is about him having to pass the mantle on but stays around to guide everyone like in Beyond.

You get to have a dour, angry Affleck and show the face you're paying millions for and have a lighter Batman that can show the audience a better way than literally branding criminals.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can't wait to read the tell-all book about the DCCU that someone is gonna write in like 15 years

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Just omega beam his rear end in JL2, and have Dick Grayson take over with some Ryan Reynolds/Chris Pratt type, and point at Laura in Logan to convince them to use Damian.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Jamesman posted:

I got really confused because I thought they were talking about George Reeves.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Argue posted:

It's going to be a very loose adaptation of Doom's role in Secret Wars, featuring the 2000s FF, Roger Corman FF, and Josh Trank FF, culminating in an as-of-yet uncast FF joining the MCU.

Coming in 2018: Fantastic Fours and Where to Find Them

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
What's wrong with an older Batman?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fangz posted:

What's wrong with an older Batman?

They can't play the part for 15 years.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Geoff Johns confirmed that The Rock is still playing Black Adam. But he definitely won't be part of the Shazam movie.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

X-O posted:

Geoff Johns confirmed that The Rock is still playing Black Adam. But he definitely won't be part of the Shazam movie.

Looks like MoS 2 then.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Or WW2. Khandaq as a wild card in the Cold War could be interesting.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Remember when WB issued a press release announcing Reeves as the director of The Batman and it didn't mention Affleck at all?

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170223006421/en/Matt-Reeves-Direct-Produce-%E2%80%9CThe-Batman%E2%80%9D

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This loving rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlUdkRBOv64

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I wish there was more of that kind of fun stuff in the movie itself. Not that the movie was particularly unfun, but still.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I wish there was more of that kind of fun stuff in the movie itself.

Had the same thought.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That music video is going to be amazing.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

BrianWilly posted:

I wish there was more of that kind of fun stuff in the movie itself.

MacheteZombie posted:

Had the same thought.

You people are what's wrong with America.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wonder how much the novelty of the style of GotG1 affects GotG2 reviews. A big part of why Guardians 1 was so good is that it was so original and of course a sequel isn't going to be able to be as original. I think Guardians 1 was better, but I think some characters were better in 2 than 1.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

BrianWilly posted:

I wish there was more of that kind of fun stuff in the movie itself. Not that the movie was particularly unfun, but still.

Yeah, the movie would have been so much better if it had classic music and David Hasselhoff making a cameo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Todd McFarlane is directing a new Spawn movie that is being produced by Blum House Pictures (who are responsible for most of the low-budget horror successes of the last 5 years).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/21/comic-con-2017-spawn-movie-officially-announced-todd-mcfarlane-to-direct

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Todd McFarlane is directing a new Spawn movie that is being produced by Blum House Pictures (who are responsible for most of the low-budget horror successes of the last 5 years).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/21/comic-con-2017-spawn-movie-officially-announced-todd-mcfarlane-to-direct

I just can't help but laugh at this.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did he use his patented negotiating trick?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Wait, the article doesn't even seem to show the awkward-as-gently caress Facebook Live video McFarlane did (with Kevin Smith guest starring).

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fuckin Todd at it again

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
This is the one that's supposed to be Sam and Twitch investigating with Spawn himself a fairly minor role, right? As a horror fan, I like Blumhouse, but I can't really see them giving him enough money to make the cape as awesome as it should be for long. And if you can't have the cape than why have the movie at all.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah if it's Blum House it's going to be a pretty low budget which seems like a mistake. But I'm guessing that they were the only ones willing to give McFarlane any input on the movie

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
To be fair, it may well end up looking better than Inhumans.

aaayyyyyyyyyy low hanging fruit, my favorite kind of fruit!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

I wonder how much the novelty of the style of GotG1 affects GotG2 reviews. A big part of why Guardians 1 was so good is that it was so original and of course a sequel isn't going to be able to be as original. I think Guardians 1 was better, but I think some characters were better in 2 than 1.

In particular Drax was just sorta there in GotG1 while in 2 he had some of the best lines and scenes in the movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

It fuckins sucks that Disney and Amazon can't get their acts together and not sell BRDs of NR for 50bux Canadian. loving christ the loss of a movie and music retail chain basically just hosed everyone here.

Wasn't there a Spawn movie that was already happening? I feel McFarlane announces a new Spawn movie ever few years.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

BrianWilly posted:

The new trailer that just came out looked more promising, since it was actually edited with some coherence.

Medusa's hair kinda looks like 90's CGI though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah if it's Blum House it's going to be a pretty low budget which seems like a mistake. But I'm guessing that they were the only ones willing to give McFarlane any input on the movie

Not that long ago I read a couple articles about how what was holding it up was really Todd himself refusing to let anyone besides himself direct and him wanting a big budget. I guess he was willing to budge on the second part.

BrianWilly posted:

I mean, from what I've seen the only part that looks really bad is Medusa's hair, but it looks really bad. Not that the rest is great though.

• Locked thread