Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
There is a 10% moogle in there that's pretty nice too. Yeah, the tickets are EX so that's kind of a bummer, but still I think the bundle is pretty decent.

If you're a new player it's definitely worth it, as an older player I'll take it just because that's one less Shine I have to grind out and another Moogle in the bank. I can still use those EX tickets during the Nier collab they just won't have the rate up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

There is a 10% moogle in there that's pretty nice too. Yeah, the tickets are EX so that's kind of a bummer, but still I think the bundle is pretty decent.

If you're a new player it's definitely worth it, as an older player I'll take it just because that's one less Shine I have to grind out and another Moogle in the bank. I can still use those EX tickets during the Nier collab they just won't have the rate up.

The tickets aren't EX. So its inherently better than a 10+1 pull because you can pace them between banners.

Even assuming a 1 ticket = 250 daily pull (which is flawed), it still comes out as a better deal because of the 4* ticket, materia and moogle. The energy is a pittance for the people playing for a while, but its very useful for someone starting out who can spot charge just enough to get them through a level for more energy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Like I said, it's technically worth it, but barely. Grab it if you regularly spend money or if the 30% ATK means something for your team. Not all of us whale out TM farming Shines and Queens all day long.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The tickets aren't EX. So its inherently better than a 10+1 pull because you can pace them between banners.

Even assuming a 1 ticket = 250 daily pull (which is flawed), it still comes out as a better deal because of the 4* ticket, materia and moogle. The energy is a pittance for the people playing for a while, but its very useful for someone starting out who can spot charge just enough to get them through a level for more energy.

apparently right now there is NO daily pull...not even the 250...

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

My Fohlen can do it, and I've been yapping for the last couple pages about it. 634,188,308.

Oh, and we're already friends. Thanks! I've even used your Fohlen recently for random stuff without realizing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh yeah, well then that's much better so people should definitely grab the package if they can afford it.

My EX points got me a 4* ticket, which in turn pulled Lunera. Cool, I guess.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 21, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

The daily pull is free right now, It wont be soon though

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just cleared a bunch of knobs, hit me up for whale carries on request.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
That "No Parameter Boosts" Arena rule is disgusting. Thanks for eliminating half of the skills on all my characters gumi, really appreciate how even Element Imbue'ing skills count as parameter boosts :suicide:

Cannot wait for the day where I have everything I could ever want from Arena rewards so I can mostly ignore it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Office Thug posted:

That "No Parameter Boosts" Arena rule is disgusting. Thanks for eliminating half of the skills on all my characters gumi, really appreciate how even Element Imbue'ing skills count as parameter boosts :suicide:

Cannot wait for the day where I have everything I could ever want from Arena rewards so I can mostly ignore it.

The arena summon gacha is getting overhauled and boosted in the near future, so save your arena tickets.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The daily pull is free right now, It wont be soon though

I am seeing no daily pull on my screen.

Interesting, for the last 3 hours the 1st pull screen only showed Lunera's banner, and the 2nd screen did not have a daily option...

Looks like mine isn't bugged anymore.

On top of that I have done about 5 different "vortex quests" and they aren't registering as daily completions...

hagie fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 21, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Definitely still there, I pulled a Luka on mine. I was pleased because I was sure I was going to be Rosa'd.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

I am seeing no daily pull on my screen.

Interesting, for the last 3 hours the 1st pull screen only showed Lunera's banner, and the 2nd screen did not have a daily option...

Looks like mine isn't bugged anymore.

On top of that I have done about 5 different "vortex quests" and they aren't registering as daily completions...

Close the app and re-open it. This app doesn't like being paused very much.

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.
The new banners sometimes don't show up when the rollover happens. This will make the free pull also disappear. To fix this just force close the app and restart it.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Ugato posted:

Yeah, this. I get this problem every new banner. The app usually needs to be restarted for anything new to show up.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Ugato posted:

I actually do not keep the app idling that much due to it being such a battery hog

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to toss 5 tickets at the Lunera banner before it goes away, since Helena would be nice for her TM at the very least:

Trey (Type-0 :argh:)
Ovelia (I should grind her TM and Roselia's for Tilith eventually)
Fang
GOLD! Helena :toot:
RAINBOW! Helena Lunera!! :aaaaa:

I think I'll have to toss Helena on my TM farm group. Currently grinding out Shine #2, Vanille, Delita, Rem, Amelia. Probably going to drop Delita since I don't have a burning need for his sword, it'd just be handy to have.

Still probably going to use Rikku/WoL/Fryevia/Tilith/Maxwell as my party when I try the robot, since Lunera's song shouldn't be necessary with that setup. Having her is nice for when I never get Ramza and need a bard.

Cartoon Man posted:

I'll have advance +2 as soon as I can grind a few more T1 mats for it in the chamber.

Pretty sure the cryst per RNG is going to be better in the relevant storyline vortex dungeon(s) rather than the chamber dungeon itself.

Palleon posted:

Does anyone have a link to a TM grinding MEMU script that will use lapis refreshes? I had a bookmark for a thread on reddit but the post has been deleted and I can't easily find a replacement.

Also, both bundles added today seem pretty good. 25 dollars for 10 rare tickets, a 4* ticket, ATK +30% materia. And then 350 lapis for a ticket and a T4 cryst.

You forgot the 10% TM moogle. :eng101:

If I hadn't been lucky on the last few banners and was short on tickets/lapis I'd probably grab the bundle too and even then it's still tempting (lord knows Olive or Tidus would welcome the 30% atk materia). Gumi is finally learning how to make decent bundles that look promising a a glance and not "pay us $100 for a set of gold equipment" garbage like they did early on in launch.

hagie posted:

Restart your app, it and the other missing banners showed up when I did.

e: Looking at Lunera's eventual enhancements, are there any 1-handed bows or harps for her to dual wield? If so... :stare:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 22, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: Looking at Lunera's eventual enhancements, are there any 1-handed bows or harps for her to dual wield? If so... :stare:

"You rang?"

Edit: Nevermind it's two handed...
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dream_Harp

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 21, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Put Fryevia back up if anyone needs:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to go back and get the "defeat dark fina with an esper" 10 lapis I missed in Aquapolis last time.

Queue up titan and DR chain, chain count goes up to 28 (so 29 hits, meaning titan landed as part of it)... and no credit. :wtc:

gently caress that 10 lapis.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Got my Delita shared out with +2 Spr debuff enhancements as well as his +MAG +SPR buff and MP recovery to be a bad battery.

If you guys want any gear swapped out to make him a better fit for FisterRoboto let me know. I removed a few pubbies but can make more room as needed

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Spent some support crysts awakening Firion's legend killer to +2 so expect Ramza enhancements next week to punish my impatience. Did Fin Briar +2 as well and he's now officially kind of a monster like 60% of the time or whatever the ratio of stuff he has killers against vs. stuff he doesn't.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Decided to try something a little different. I am giving up about 70 Atk, but have significantly more Def which is fine by me. Plus at some point in the future I might actually complete Mr. Fister and get a nice upgrade.

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Cleared everything on the first attempt. :D Ace was the way to go. Dana, I didn't realize we weren't friends :(

http://imgur.com/a/I4x2q

WoL's Cover is incredible. It soaked up so much damage and no one was in danger of getting sniped by melee.

Any way you could post the gear you used? I did pretty much the same setup yesterday and made decent progress but eventually got overwhelmed. Probably because I didn't use WoLs aoe cover enough.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

GOLD! Helena :toot:
RAINBOW! Helena!! :aaaaa:

My condolences :P

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
So what's the next big trial to look forward to?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
waiting for ramza enhancements

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cry Havoc posted:

waiting for ramza enhancements

The hardest trial.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Giving this guy a try as my friend unit, fully enhanced to +2s and drat close to BiS.

I have a few friend slots open. I expect newbies to hate this one, because he'll just explode if they ever use his good attack, lol.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Has anybody else been having problems getting daily quests to actually register? I've been clearing out story missions at a decent clip and I'm still inexplicably at 2/3 for the day.

EDIT: When I hit "Claim All" it marked it as done and gave me credit, it just never updated before that. :psyduck: That's some Gumi quality right there.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
that explains a lot, I thought I wasnt doing enough explorations despite running two in a row...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, it's happened to me before. Probably some kind of refresh issue.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I didn't have that happen, but I did have it refuse to acknowledge my tapping on the Close button after I completed a DQ. I had to tap on the Open button to bring me to the list.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
I can kill one left arm in 30 minutes with a friend freyvia and five of my mooks...

Does anyone have a well slotted emperor they can share instead

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Guy Farting posted:

I can kill one left arm in 30 minutes with a friend freyvia and five of my mooks...

Uh, me, probably.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Cleared everything on the first attempt. :D Ace was the way to go. Dana, I didn't realize we weren't friends :(

http://imgur.com/a/I4x2q

WoL's Cover is incredible. It soaked up so much damage and no one was in danger of getting sniped by melee.

Guy Farting posted:

Seconding the Emperor request. I can probably do it with one of those. I've got all the other characters in that pic and fairly well geared. I see 2 Emperors on my list, might take a while for them to show up I guess.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Emperor is the only damage you really need for that strategy, correct? You just need a ton of support to go with him?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That's the plan. Emperor eventually gets up to a 10x modifier on Fire From Below (which can optionally transfer over to Comet IIRC because of a glitch unless it's been patched) which is enough to overcome the amount Right Arm heals for, assuming Emperor is kitted out, obviously.

If your 5-person team is able to stay alive and awash in MP, you should be golden with one of those.

You'll need a mana battery, and reraise/enough tanking and healing to overcome the Left Arm murdering the highest ATK character who is currently alive on your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I have Maxwell to eat the instant kill, especially if no one is else will be high attack. My best MP batteries are Tilith and Bartz though. Would a team like this work?

Warrior of Light
Tilith
Rikku
Minfillia
Maxwell
Friend Emperor

Also, are the cryst drops from enemies for the current story dungeons fixed?

• Locked thread