Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Vladimir Putin posted:

He can't pardon himself that makes no sense.

lol do you know who we are talking about here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

new kind of cat posted:

is this some sort of optical illusion?

yeah but not the kind youre thinkin

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

seriously lmao if you still believe republicans are capable of doing anything

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Vladimir Putin posted:

in a post escalator world this means it's definitely going to be attempted and possibly happen

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vladimir Putin posted:

he can only not pardon himself if articles of impeachment are passed and that's it

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Hmmm im not sure I gotta get on the horn with Harris and Feinstein but it's a generally good suggestion

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Healthcare bill is passing, count on it

The last week for all of these moderates has been wall to wall billionaires promising to ruin them forever if they do not vote yes on it

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
there is nothing loving more stupid than DC pundits congratulating SHS for becoming press-secretary

gently caress off you spineless cretins, she will lie to the faces of you and the american people every single day, quit being poo poo-eating bootlickers

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nichael posted:

they have such neat ears

the cat is cute too!

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

also i don't see a scenario where trump pardons the poo poo out of everyone, the GOP does nothing and it not ending in mass riots that would make the LA race riots look like child's play if not outright civil war

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Vladimir Putin posted:

Welcome to the US Constitution, which we all have learned is actually super stupid

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

zen death robot posted:

So what are the chances this new guy has been involved in some kind fraud that'll come up and be an ongoing dramafest for him?

Dude his goddamn name is Scaramucci of course he's eyebrow deep in some shady poo poo.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Trump deffo going to try to pardon himself or pence will but health care ain't passing no way. It gets easier everyday for Republicans to say lol no to these lovely bills.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ekster posted:

also i don't see a scenario where trump pardons the poo poo out of everyone, the GOP does nothing and it not ending in mass riots that would make the LA race riots look like child's play if not outright civil war

Like maybe if pissy words on the internet were actual bricks and bats

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TrumpsAlert/status/888508974034821121

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Naerasa posted:

Hmmm im not sure I gotta get on the horn with Harris and Feinstein but it's a generally good suggestion

it would be a good idea to call feinstein

mostly to just call her a piece of poo poo though

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Naerasa posted:

Thank 'em and ask them to keep fighting.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

Lol

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Vladimir Putin posted:

why do you think this

the constitution very clearly spells out that the president can pardon himself or anyone around him for any reason, including treason, excepting impeachment.

i maintain the most pressing concern is whether or not he has secretly pardoned himself already. like much of the presidency, and why this is all happening, the constitutional boundaries for the executive have not really been tested in the past. most presidents thought it dangerous to do so. noted insane supervillian richard nixon chose to resign rather than get into it.

the limits of constitutional democracy are going to be tested in the immediate future. gonna be a fun ride.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Ekster posted:

People's lives gotta suck a lot more to riot my man. Compton was poverty hell when the cops got away with beating the poo poo outta Rodney kjng. Trump pardoning himself and his ppl only cld maybe result in riots if the market completely crashed beforehand and evrybuddy is homeless.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Wait, there are people praising this New Lesser Spicer?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

rear end cobra posted:

Almost all the reporters in attendance.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Qurnah posted:

Things stopped making sense a long time ago friend.

Can a person be simultaneously a judge and a defendant in a court case? Answer is no. QED.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

cams posted:

why do you think this

the constitution very clearly spells out that the president can pardon himself or anyone around him for any reason, including treason, excepting impeachment.

i maintain the most pressing concern is whether or not he has secretly pardoned himself already. like much of the presidency, and why this is all happening, the constitutional boundaries for the executive have not really been tested in the past. most presidents thought it dangerous to do so. noted insane supervillian richard nixon chose to resign rather than get into it.

the limits of constitutional democracy are going to be tested in the immediate future. gonna be a fun ride.

The constitution has never clearly spelled out anything. If he tries to pardon himself its going to go all over the court system before a 5-4 decision lets him do it. Nobody knows what will happen because there is no precedent.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Ekster posted:

lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Red Minjo posted:

Welcome to the US Constitution, which we all have learned is actually super stupid

ya

Apr 7, 2003

Pead posted:

The constitution has never clearly spelled out anything. If he tries to pardon himself its going to go all over the court system before a 5-4 decision lets him do it. Nobody knows what will happen because there is no precedent.

lol he's just gonna pardon everyone in his administration once a week

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rear end cobra posted:

His name is spiceroni tyvm

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

rear end cobra posted:

the MSM is nothing but a circle jerk so yeah p much

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/21/anthony-scaramucci-trump-communications-director-240817

quote:

White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and President Donald Trump’s chief strategist Steve Bannon confronted Anthony Scaramucci in the West Wing on Friday morning, threatening to block the financier’s appointment as Trump’s communications director.

Scaramucci laughed it off, according to a person familiar with the exchange, because he knew something they didn’t: He already had the job.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if people were mad at Ford pardoning nixon and obama not prosecuting bush, trump pardoning himself and family is going to end american democracy

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im so happy that gooch made my avatar relevant

does he seem sociopathic enough to be a hotline miami type (just obv not against the russian mob, his boss's dear friends)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Pead posted:

it is pretty clearly spelled out on the "president can pardon anyone for anything" part. law is malleable and sways to the arguments, but if your argument was "he can do whatever he wants" you'd have a lot to draw from.

i agree that if he publicly pardons himself poo poo will hit the fan, but i still think he gets immediately impeached to avoid it going to the courts.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Best hope we'll be for Mueller to hand over a bunch of evidence to New York state attorneys bc Trump can't pardon for state cases.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pead posted:

The Supreme Court has historically been very averse to weigh in on things related to the pardon power and I can't imagine Roberts wanting to take it up. Congress has the authority to impeach, so the pardon is useless anyway.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pead posted:

Sorry but I don't think the Supreme Court is going to let him destroy the country.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

trump could pardon himself for treason probably

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mikey gonna make some senators get on their knees and cry

:lol:

cucked in the butt by Donald J. Trump

Apr 7, 2003

Reality Winner posted:

if people were mad at Ford pardoning nixon and obama not prosecuting bush, trump pardoning himself and family is going to end american democracy

The rule of law is a sham and we've been past that for a while now. Trump is the king of America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

WarMECH posted:

lol do you know who we are talking about here

lol do u know who yre asken!!!

• Locked thread