Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

This guest is like a mix of Rust and Bug Mane with a pinch of Armen.

And I'm lovin' it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
The DD guest this week was a total dud.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
"I was really enjoying my burger until Mike brought up suicide" is a good line to hear on the Doughboys fast food podcast

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

n8r posted:

The DD guest this week was a total dud.
I'm a Disneyland nerd (the old couple smuggling people into Club 33 is totally how I got into Club 33), but that dude was Molasses Boy-level laid back. Episode was worth it just for Nick picking a loving parking lot as his favorite non-ride attraction, though.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Just listened to this weeks ep, big fan of the new Paul Rust character "David Neher"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Work Friend Keven posted:

Just listened to this weeks ep, big fan of the new Paul Rust character "David Neher"

wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMVbsz9gv3A

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/886411376419151872

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Long way to go before I even hit this episode, but I feel like it's going to be a good one

edit: vvv that's what i mean, it's going to be a good ep for hearing the 'boys recoil in horror

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 17, 2017

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Golden Corral is absolutely disgusting. It's at the very bottom of the family restaurant rung. Even Applebees is better than that horrible place.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Does anyone else get depressed listening to this podcast sometimes when they start talking about the details of fast food as if it was a legitimate thing? When they start listing menu items or debating how it's nice that each time you go to Subway you can customize an entirely unique sandwich and thus it's better than Jimmy John's or whatever, it just makes me feel bad about the world. People in their thirties should probably not be having in depth arguments about fast food places.

5/5 great podcast, for some reason I keep listening

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Serious post, order Jimmy Johns online and you can customize the hell out of your sandwich, walk in, and get handed your sandwich without having to wait for anything (or get it delivered). I think the fast food portion where they get all serious can be really funny. I think fast food is great when enjoyed in moderation.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

piratepilates posted:

Does anyone else get depressed listening to this podcast sometimes when they start talking about the details of fast food as if it was a legitimate thing? When they start listing menu items or debating how it's nice that each time you go to Subway you can customize an entirely unique sandwich and thus it's better than Jimmy John's or whatever, it just makes me feel bad about the world. People in their thirties should probably not be having in depth arguments about fast food places.

5/5 great podcast, for some reason I keep listening

I think it's a :thejoke: kind of thing, seriously reviewing this banal garbage with such an intense eye for detail and shaving years off of their lives for the sake of their art.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The only thing that depresses me is when like mitch becomes insanely angry and embarrassed irl that nick didn't buy into "shakers". Giving extremely detailed reviews of the same 4 fast food hamburgers and mid level chain entrees is the funny part.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

It was very weird when Mitch seemed horrified by the idea of seeds in a salad, makes me wonder about that guy.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I have very strongly held opinions on fast food, such as why would you buy any fast food burger that wasn't Carl's/Hardee's Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger. It doesn't make any sense.

Mitch admitting that Taco Bell is his favorite restaurant in general though... :smith:

piratepilates posted:

It was very weird when Mitch seemed horrified by the idea of seeds in a salad, makes me wonder about that guy.
I think he was just itching for a reason to call Nick out on something and the word "seeds" brought to mind something completely different than sesame/sunflower/pine nuts.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The best part about the seeds thing was Wiger getting to point out numerous varieties of Edible Seeds on the Sizzler salad bar the very next week.

n8r posted:

Serious post, order Jimmy Johns online and you can customize the hell out of your sandwich, walk in, and get handed your sandwich without having to wait for anything (or get it delivered).

Or you can just go into JJ's, say "Give me a #11," pay and have a perfect sandwich in-hand in under a minute. That's what JJ's is all about, getting your uncomplicated sub ridiculously quickly. Five forks.

Subway...where you can painstakingly pick from an array of sub-par produce to add some kind of substance to what would otherwise be a flaccid lettuce sandwich on bad bread. Did you know that all 3 types of meat in the Cold Cut Combo are made out of turkey - even the "ham?" You'd probably never even realize it because they skimp so much on the meat. Zero forks.

(Doughboys' most shameful moment was rating Jersey Mike's at Subway levels. Also I am extremely invested in the "Actually talking about garbage food" part, which I agree, is depressing.)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Semi-related: dudes who ask for every single vegetable on their 6" are assholes. There's only so much you can put on the loving thing before it turns into a mess.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I have to stop listening during their tournaments because it is so depressing. I can't handle hearing "Wendy's" every 10 seconds.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I agree with Mitch's opinons on the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

crimedog posted:

I have to stop listening during their tournaments because it is so depressing. I can't handle hearing "Wendy's" every 10 seconds.

Can the All New Wendy's (tm) Bacon Cheddar Melt Supreme Dorito Edition (tm) usurp the Cool Nacho Double Slammer (tm) from Chicken Shack (tm)? Jolly Weirdo gives it three and a half swiss cheese holes out of a total of eight, and the robotic middle aged man gives it a 6.4 out of eight, giving Wendy's (tm) the upper hand with a combined Fry-equivalence score of 9.3. Bonus points given for being able to dunk the Bacon Cheddar Melt Supreme Dorito Edition (tm) in your tall paper glass of Radioactive Green Thrill Zone Kool Aid (tm) for an extra delicacy from their Secret MEnu

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Snooze Cruise posted:

I agree with Mitch's opinons on the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's

this podcast got me to buy my first fast food meal in like six years and it was a spicy chicken sandwich.

i shouldn't have broken the streak

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

R. Guyovich posted:

this podcast got me to buy my first fast food meal in like six years and it was a spicy chicken sandwich.

i shouldn't have broken the streak

Got to say I think master of none is pretty bad and you should really step things up.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

crimedog posted:

Neil Campbell had it right all this time. Go have fun talking about food nostalgia with your friends and make great podcast banter, but when it comes to scoring give it rightfully 1 fork and tell them to go eat real food.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Zsinjeh posted:

Neil Campbell had it right all this time. Go have fun talking about food nostalgia with your friends and make great podcast banter, but when it comes to scoring give it rightfully 1 fork and tell them to go eat real food.

Hell yes.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I have about six beers and some french fries

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I can't believe Wiger loves hot salad so much

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I can't believe Wiger loves hot salad so much

I have it on good authority that he loves hot salad as much as he hates fries.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Maybe the reason he hates fries is that he thinks they're supposed to be cold?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lmao the part where they keep saying the wonderwall parody and then saying it's stupid and then doing more.

I just got to the hot or not song.

Great ep

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Wiger has discovered his true passion - food based musical parodies.

Imagine if they got Weird Al as a guest.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Wiger was a writer for the entire run of the CBB tv show, right? A Weird Al guest appearance seems unlikely, yet plausible.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

I have about six beers and some french fries

this is the most relatable thing ive ever heard

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Yo why weren't the Doughlympics made into an international competition. They'd done Jollibee, that ramen place, Outback Steakhouse, Panda Express and all that by then. I guess they might've wanted to keep it tight after the tournament of chompions but feels like such a wasted opportunity smdh

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

The Narrator posted:

Yo why weren't the Doughlympics made into an international competition. They'd done Jollibee, that ramen place, Outback Steakhouse, Panda Express and all that by then. I guess they might've wanted to keep it tight after the tournament of chompions but feels like such a wasted opportunity smdh

Because the hosts are lazy and bad, and so is the show. Haven't you been listening?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Doughboys live in Portland, Oregon on Thursday, October 12th at the Wonder Ballroom.

...there's absolutely no way they're filling the Wonder

EDIT: I'm hoping out-of-state live shows involve reviewing local chains. They'd probably end up doing Burgerville if that's the case.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 24, 2017

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

They should release the place they are going to review prior for the live shows.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

caligulamprey posted:

EDIT: I'm hoping out-of-state live shows involve reviewing local chains. They'd probably end up doing Burgerville if that's the case.

That'd be interesting. I've always thought Burgerville's burgers are tremendously overrated. Thin, limp, flavorless patties. Their fish & chips are awesome though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

FitFortDanga posted:

That'd be interesting. I've always thought Burgerville's burgers are tremendously overrated.
Hahaha, I thought about it for about a minute and then tweeted at them to go to Killer Burger instead. I enjoy a seasonal milkshake from Burgerville, though.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

FitFortDanga posted:

I've always thought Burgerville's burgers are tremendously overrated. Thin, limp, flavorless patties.

Four forks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Taco time!
http://www.tacotime.com/food/