Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/888513070477303809

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
<--- Holy poo poo I just saw this finally :kimchi:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gringostar posted:

if mueller comes out and says trump did a treason before midterms but ryan refuses to bring charges, could democrats still do it after midterms if they take back the house?

(lol about dems taking back poo poo ever again)

yes. impeachment charges can be brought for any reason Congress wants at any time.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

the only federal authority that can bring charges against the president while he's in office is Congress

it doesn't matter if he issues a pardon for himself or not

Well seeing how the republicans are in overdrive right now trying to restrict "undesirable" from voting it seems "American democracy" is gonna take us for a wild ride.

e: oh poo poo forgot about the horrible dems, seems everything is coming up Trump!

Qurnah has issued a correction as of 22:43 on Jul 21, 2017

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

honestly all these insane pardoning scenarios trump considers shows just how utterly desperate he is, especially when mueller is going after his finances

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Gringostar posted:

if mueller comes out and says trump did a treason before midterms but ryan refuses to bring charges, could democrats still do it after midterms if they take back the house?

(lol about dems taking back poo poo ever again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMIy_KiBpKU

nopants
May 29, 2004

Vladimir Putin posted:

He can't pardon himself that makes no sense.

im starting to believe this whole drat thing doesnt make sense. unbelievable!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Chokes McGee posted:

Ed Balls

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

cams posted:

this is also why discussing trump "pardoning himself out of trouble" is dumb. trump pardoning himself would make nothing go away, but it would keep him from being convicted from literal crimes he committed

nope, it wouldn't because the only federal authority which can convict him is the senate and he cannot pardon himself from impeachment charges

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Joementum posted:

nope, it wouldn't because the only federal authority which can convict him is the senate and he cannot pardon himself from impeachment charges
could he not be convicted of these crimes after his term? i was under the impression he could

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

the only federal authority that can bring charges against the president while he's in office is Congress

it doesn't matter if he issues a pardon for himself or not

He'd still try to mega pardon himself. Congress is bad and he beat like half of them in the GOP primary so gently caress those guys I'll do what I want

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh it's ur birthday? Happy birthday n all that!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

when are 2/3rds of the senate gonna vote to convict anyway. we've got a long way to go

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I can't think of anything else except the piss tape.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
All this Trump pardon talk reminds me of the time when The Boss tried to get Tim, Stew and Rodney out of taking a drug test.

Exempt! Bang, bang, bang, bang. Four-way exemption!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqZtz3i7LgI

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh it's ur birthday? Happy birthday n all that!

Thanks! Everything's been rad so far but I'm really hoping someone got me that piss tape I wanted

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

cams posted:

could he not be convicted of these crimes after his term? i was under the impression he could

yes, after he's out of office the department of justice could bring charges against him

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

yes, after he's out of office the department of justice could bring charges against him

but can't he preemptively pardon those crimes?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

go chokes
its ya birthday!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Zas posted:

when are 2/3rds of the senate gonna vote to convict anyway. we've got a long way to go

senators usually don't like to be blamed for poo poo the president promises

and they really don't like being kept in dc during their scheduled recesses because the president is insane

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

where the news

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

the fact that no actually good lawyers want to represent trump for various reasons + kasowitz and corallo leaving the titanic should tell you how screwed trump is in the foreseeable future

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

Thanks! Everything's been rad so far but I'm really hoping someone got me that piss tape I wanted

My birthday was last Friday and nobody got me the piss tape either I feel your pain :(

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

but can't he pee-emptively pardon those crimes?

🤔

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ekster posted:

honestly all these insane pardoning scenarios trump considers shows just how utterly desperate he is, especially when mueller is going after his finances

Exactly, even if he issues pardons all around, that doesn't prohibit his finances from being investigated and probably indicates they should be investigating even harder; plus New York AG would be able to investigate just as hard as Mueller.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chokes McGee posted:

but can't he preemptively pardon those crimes?

yes, he could. but at that point his heart will probably have exploded from stress eating Big Macs and ice cream so it's kinda moot.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Byrd violations released:

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/888513020112109569

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Joementum posted:

this is why i said he would pardon himself if meuller recommended charges. even if he cannot be convicted while president, he would pardon himself, his family, and whoever might be involved that was properly loyal. can't have anyone coming after him later.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Why is Peter Pettigrew promising me news?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Ekster posted:

the fact that no actually good lawyers want to represent trump for various reasons + kasowitz and corallo leaving the titanic should tell you how screwed trump is in the foreseeable future

holy 💩 kasowitz is out?

of all the news to miss while in the studio . . .

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Citizen Tayne posted:

The piss tape is really hitting the mainstream zeitgeist

my mom was the first one to tell me about the piss tape

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Believing in the rule of law in the united states of america in tyool 2017 seems a little bit naive imo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Yinlock posted:

you vastly underestimate how much the american people love doing nothing about horrible crisises

smdh at criticizing victims of a foreign regime

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nancy Pelosi says she's spoken with recovering Steve Scalise, who 'sounded wonderful'

:yayclod:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

imo the most perfect ending to this story is crimes going public, pardons go flying, and trump and everyone around him living happily ever after while every republican pretends they never heard of donald trump

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

I think that's what he's aiming to avoid by pardoning himself. Which is pretty amazing I guess.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

my mom was the first one to tell me about the piss tape

your mother is doing God's work. Spread the word!

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

that's a pretty good list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

haha if they pass it the subsidies are gone without 60 votes

do ittttt :killing:

• Locked thread