Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hollismason posted:

No I don't think that is true. I think there is no one in that administration that is not out for themselves above all.

Sessions is out to enact Mega Jim Crow so anything that helps that is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The moon is fake - Said a regressive that fucks chickpeas.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

pillsburysoldier posted:

Trump is the only vehicle for Sessions to do the work he wants to do. Think he will grit his teeth and go on

He also gave up a safe senate seat for this. I could be wrong but I believe that when he offered to resign, he had time to go back and run again for his old seat. Now that's closed off.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Spoilers: he'll win.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

This is insane, where is that money coming from

Is it saved cash from Trump's remarkably frugal campaign?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

He also gave up a safe senate seat for this. I could be wrong but I believe that when he offered to resign, he had time to go back and run again for his old seat. Now that's closed off.

Yeah, the filing deadline was back in May.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Burger game is pathetic

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
So, uh, this leak is clearly bad news. The White House put it out to force a Sessions resignation, allowing him to appoint someone non-recused and destroy the investigation.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

FizFashizzle posted:

Burger game is pathetic

Do you by any chance live in an ivory tower on a coast somewhere and are you indeed one of the elite?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Petr posted:

So, uh, this leak is clearly bad news. The White House put it out to force a Sessions resignation, allowing him to appoint someone non-recused and destroy the investigation.

Funny how the threat became serious when it targeted his finances... :v:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

This would be bad news if it was July 2018, you know, a year with actual elections?

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Petr posted:

This scenario requires a level of planning, organization, and cunning that the current administration has never shown.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Petr posted:

Sessions in jail is arguably worth it. There's no guarantee congress would allow Trump to stop the investigation.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Petr posted:

Destroy the investigation hahaha you're cute.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If Sessions is replaced, is there anyone worse than him?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

No Butt Stuff posted:

What goals do you think sessions and trump have in common?

Hurting non-violent offenders and filling up private prisons

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mustached Demon posted:

Who in the federal government do you have trust in in tyool 2017.5

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Who's the grand dragon these days?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ague Proof posted:

Do you by any chance live in an ivory tower on a coast somewhere and are you indeed one of the elite?

I'm a southerner.

Grilling is what we do.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This would be bad news if it was July 2018, you know, a year with actual elections?

Also the DCCC is outraising RCCC http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/342947-house-dems-campaign-arm-outpaces-gop-by-3m-in-june

Maybe that tweet about buttons that was so viral wasn't a bad idea after all?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

Who in the federal government do you have trust in in tyool 2017.5

Firing Mueller is a key checkpoint in the Nixon run.

\/ see.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Petr posted:

I fully expect Muller fired by next month and the investigation effectively stopped. Congress will do nothing to stop it and America will be furious But ultimately do nothing. I mean this is the government we have and it's awful and terrible and we're doomed to it until the next election where they will cheat again. Welcome to Russia!

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Mustached Demon posted:

Mueller goes with Sessions, mark my words. They'll frame it as a leadership shakeup, and say it's OK because they're still keeping an investigator, just not Mueller.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Trabisnikof posted:

Also the DCCC is outraising RCCC http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/342947-house-dems-campaign-arm-outpaces-gop-by-3m-in-june

Maybe that tweet about buttons that was so viral wasn't a bad idea after all?

But it didn't speak to me, an extreme leftist, so how could it have been successful?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mustached Demon posted:

Sessions is out to enact Mega Jim Crow so anything that helps that is ok.

At best. This assumes Bannon is full of poo poo (not the least safe proposition ever, mind) and Sessions isn't an actual factual neofascist.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Covok posted:

I fully expect Muller fired by next month and the investigation effectively stopped. Congress will do nothing to stop it and America will be furious But ultimately do nothing. I mean this is the government we have and it's awful and terrible and we're doomed to it until the next election where they will cheat again. Welcome to Russia!

You probably shouldn't be in the business of making predictions. Your predictions both before and after the election have been wildly inaccurate.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Petr posted:

Mueller goes with Sessions, mark my words. They'll frame it as a leadership shakeup, and say it's OK because they're still keeping an investigator, just not Mueller.

This. Justice doesn't exist in America anymore and we're going to see that play out on a political stage.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Covok posted:

This. Justice doesn't exist in America anymore and we're going to see that play out on a political stage.

When in your mind did justice exist in America?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Petr posted:

Firing Mueller will piss off enough gopers in Congress to continue to the investigation for realsies.

See also: covoks posts.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ted Cruz? :v:

Worst case scenario, Sessions is a fascist. Best case scenario, Cruz is a bag full of wasps.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But it didn't speak to me, an extreme leftist, so how could it have been successful?

It spoke to me, cynical guy with a dark sense of humor

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Your posts have made me feel better about everything, because you are always, always, always, always wrong about every loving thing you post and all you ever post is chicken little, everything is maximum bad bullshit.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Trabisnikof posted:

You probably shouldn't be in the business of making predictions. Your predictions both before and after the election have been wildly inaccurate.

OK, well I'm saying the same thing and I predicted Trump would win.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mustached Demon posted:

Firing Mueller is a key checkpoint in the Nixon run.

\/ see.

I mean, we keep assuming this will go the way of the Nixon but keep forgetting the poo poo heads who make up the current Republican party. Look at the articles of impeachment for Nixon and see who voted what way.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Mustached Demon posted:

Firing Mueller will piss off enough gopers in Congress to continue to the investigation for realsies.

Not if they have the fig leaf of having AN investigator still, just not the same person.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

When in your mind did justice exist in America?

Good point. Never did did it?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Petr posted:

I don't get this take. Couldn't Trump just demand Rosenstein fire Mueller, then fire Rosenstein if he refuses, then go down the line of succession until he gets a yes, all while leaving the recused Sessions in place?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Petr posted:

If the endgame is firing Muller why not just fire Sessions?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't get this take. Couldn't Trump just demand Rosenstein fire Mueller, then fire Rosenstein if he refuses, then go down the line of succession until he gets a yes, all while leaving the recused Sessions in place?

Rosenstein very clearly sent the message that he wouldn't play ball when he appointed Mueller in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.e8cadf0e85ec

Sessions is lying, Intelligence agencies know it, and are now leaking that info.

I kinda finally had the "through the looking glass" experience today when I realized that Trump is now doing things so dumb that even his top people, those most loyal, are enraged and now quitting on the spot. Meanwhile everyone in this administration is getting caught lying left and right.

I would classify things as Very Crazy. I don't think anyone in their most dire dreams anticipated quite this big of a clusterfuck.

• Locked thread