Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
what the gently caress is a Monte Morris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Aldridge yes but why would Danny Green

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ammanas posted:

Aldridge yes but why would Danny Green

an elite 3 and D guy can get more than $10M from somebody these days

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
That's true

Oh you're saying green is an elite 3&d guy?

Oh...

Ok

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Green is an elte wing defender and was a great 3 shooter until two seasons ago right after he signed his current contract but I believe in contract years.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Jota posted:

LeBron is now best friends with Ben Simmons as evidenced by Instagram posts: fact
LeBron made a tweet about drinking Shirley Temples: fact
LeBron sent Markelle Fultz a pair of shoes today: fact
JJ Redick is having Maverick Carter and Bryan Colangelo on his podcast and LeBron tweeted about it and called The Chronicles of Redick a brilliant podcast name: fact

LeBron is coming to Philly: fact, you dumb mother fucker

LeBron's Chinese Nickname is 詹皇 which translates to King James: fact
The best Chinese restaurant in Akron, NY is named 'Akron China King': fact
Akron, NY is in Erie County and Lake Erie is the closest Great Lake to Akron, OH where LeBron was born: fact
If LeBron played in China he would literally be China King (James) from Akron: fact

LeBron is joining the 八一双鹿电池火箭: fact, you dumb mother fucker

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Adun posted:

LeBron's Chinese Nickname is 詹皇 which translates to King James: fact
The best Chinese restaurant in Akron, NY is named 'Akron China King': fact
Akron, NY is in Erie County and Lake Erie is the closest Great Lake to Akron, OH where LeBron was born: fact
If LeBron played in China he would literally be China King (James) from Akron: fact

LeBron is joining the 八一双鹿电池火箭: fact, you dumb mother fucker

I can't really argue with any of this. LeBron to China.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Who is more likely to start the season on their current team, Melo or Kyrie?

It's Kyrie right? GM LeBron going to talk him down from the ledge while the new GM in New York going to make his name by dumping Melo.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Actually LeBron is leaving the Cavaliers to play for the private amusement of the Illuminati in their secret base in the hollow earth beneath antarctica

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/888577637261561856
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/888578239567872000

oh yeah them

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

holy poo poo what a disaster

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

wait do people actually think LeBron to Philly is a thing that would happen or is this a dumb sixers Twitter thing

If it's real they just became the group of people the Durant-to-Wizards people can look down on but I assume the people here are telling jokes.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Where do yall men think Lebron will go in 18-19

Lakerrs?
Clippers?
Brooklyn?

Cavs. Gilbert gets a Trump cabinet position in August and sells the team and everything smooths over.

In seriousness though Jerry West is the only competent person making a pitch at Lebron next summer so the Clippers are my front runners, unless it's determined it's a Nike-driven move and then the Lakers just so they can finally get Lakers fans to buy something other than Kobes, which are relatively cheap for premium sneakers.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
In 2019 the Washington Wizards will be paying like $110 million just for John Wall, Bradley Beal, and Otto Porter.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I don't care if they're going to be in cap hell forever. I love John Wall and want him on my favorite team his entire career.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
3yr 170 million does not sound correct.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Lockback posted:

3yr 170 million does not sound correct.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/888581953410088960

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Jota posted:

In 2019 the Washington Wizards will be paying like $110 million just for John Wall, Bradley Beal, and Otto Porter.

It's cool

https://twitter.com/mrmichaellee/status/888588617970569216

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rip D.C. Knightman

https://twitter.com/peterwsinger/status/887429152420352000

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
no lebron's going to be paid by disney to shoot hoops at the top of the matterhorn at disneyland

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LeBron is gonna reclaim his villain persona by signing with the new-look Monstars.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The first 30 minutes of Space Jam 2 is gonna be a re-imagining of The Decision where everyone thinks he's gonna join the Tune Squad but he ends up signing with the Monstars

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Honestly Wall cut the Wizards a deal, he probably would've qualified for an even bigger max next year.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Craig K posted:

no lebron's going to be paid by disney to shoot hoops at the top of the matterhorn at disneyland

lol I just rode this a couple days ago. My 9-year old lost her fuckin poo poo on it after seeing the yetis and cried the whole time. It was glorious. Should have made her shoot some hoops with them.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bugs Bunny writes an open letter in Comic Sans but it's a big misunderstanding because in cartoon culture Comic Sans is very professional

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

attackmole posted:

They have two Tekken players. It just feels like they're everywhere because they're the best two players in the world who always seem to go 1/2 at tourneys.

I just watched a few of their finals matches and goddamn high level Tekken is boring as hell. Like, I'm sure there is tons of technical expertise going on but to an outsider it looks like kids mashing buttons.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The designated player exception seems like it's turning out to be a total nightmare for roster construction. I know it's just adjusting to what superstars are actually worth, but I wonder if any players who might command it can be convinced "you're worth more than the max, but less than the supermax" without their team pissing them off

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Honestly Wall cut the Wizards a deal, he probably would've qualified for an even bigger max next year.

The designated veteran Max is the new super Max, 35%, what bigger Max are you referring to? Also, I assume this contract is going to take whatever that Max is, and the initial number is just a projection. It's the same deal that Harden and Curry took.

Walls deal also has a 15% trade kicker and the 4th year is a player option. It's a dope deal.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Pretty funny that Kyrie wants his own team a chance to run the show. Pretty sure you already had that in Cleveland and you never made the playoffs?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
He was extremely young and injure then.. people shouldn't count those years against him.

this is all staged drama because that poo poo sales.

Cavs were in danger of going stale also ran, like the clippers, but they pivoted, bravo.

Miami, joke, spurs, yeah right he doesn't want to play d, NY, joke, Minn, joke.

all 3 teams have cleveland connection, and he threw spurs in for fun. poo poo is scripted

Femur fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 22, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
what

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Femur posted:

He was extremely young and injure then.. people shouldn't count those years against him.

How about every time kyrie was in charge so LeBron could rest the team was a mess cause kyrie is not a passer

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Away all Goats posted:

Pretty funny that Kyrie wants his own team a chance to run the show. Pretty sure you already had that in Cleveland and you never made the playoffs?

Yes, I am shocked a 2nd(3rd?) year player with nothing around him was unable to lead his team to the playoffs.

He already has his ring(that he hit the big shot for). He's good money, no need to be left holding the bag in Cleveland when Lebron goes to the Sixers.

Kyrie just wants to be the primary ball handler on his own team make hella money and party on boats with Becky's.

And really, Isn't that the dream of everyone who ever picks up that basketball?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Basketball is both good and bad rn

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

How about every time kyrie was in charge so LeBron could rest the team was a mess cause kyrie is not a passer

Lebron runs that team, its built to him, kyrie is not Lebron.

Zogo already posted, cavs role players suck.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Femur posted:

Lebron runs that team, its built to him, kyrie is not Lebron.

Zogo already posted, cavs role players suck.

He literally has Kevin Love to pass to and he doesn't

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

He literally has Kevin Love to pass to and he doesn't

cause thats Lebrons job. hes gotta eat, hes number 2. can't give it away.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How would you build a team around Kyrie that would be different than you would around Lebron? Have a superstar SF instead of a superstar PG?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

my plan for building a team around kyrie: trade him for a pick and hire sam hinkie to run the team #trusttheprocess

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Gonna push Kyrie off the edge of the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Man Kyrie hitting that 3 over Curry really boosted the poo poo out of his ego.

• Locked thread