Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Never vote for the Democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

elites will never stop saying education is the end-all for advancement because doing so would undermine higher education's primary purpose of legitimizing the aristocracy. we have to pretend the reason power and money stays in the same hands is because the rich kids all got great educations at harvard, not because they inherited it

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

Usually the Vox podcast is tolerable but they did one on basic income and it's just a one hour rant about how basic income is bad and strict means testing is good :negative:

why does everyone in the world love bad things???

must be all the negative orgones or smth

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Rand alPaul posted:

Never vote for the Democrats.

Wrong.

:frogsiren: BUUUUUUULLLLLLOOOOOOOCKKKKKK :frogsiren:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Holy poo poo Youtube is completely overrun by alt-right parasites

I clicked on a single video from that stefan molyneux spastic and my YT homepage was instantly filled with all sorts of alt-right garbage lmao

there's no way google isn't aware their video platform has become a reactionary breeding ground. i guess they'll wait until one of the big media outlets does a story on it before doing something about it

The Ol Spicy Keychain has issued a correction as of 03:04 on Jul 22, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Scent of Worf posted:

I clicked on a single video from that stefan molyneux spastic and my YT homepage was instantly filled with all sorts of alt-right garbage lmao

there's no way google isn't aware their video platform has become a reactionary breeding ground. i guess they'll wait until one of the big media outlets does a story on it or something
I see where you went wrong.

You didn't view a video on Peter Molyneux :saddowns:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5k34Bwj7Mw
Also this is the only alt-right video you need.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I'm going to vote for all the democrats

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scent of Worf posted:

there's no way google isn't aware their video platform has become a reactionary breeding ground. i guess they'll wait until one of the big media outlets does a story on it or something
They're glad of it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Scent of Worf posted:

there's no way google isn't aware their video platform has become a reactionary breeding ground. i guess they'll wait until one of the big media outlets does a story on it before doing something about it

if it makes you feel any better there's about as many left wing ppl and the largest news org on youtube is pretty far left lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're glad of it

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

looks like a green party member to me

lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

They're glad of it

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

ThndrShk2k posted:

Also if you don't think UHF is the best movie then :shrug:

:agreed:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Scent of Worf posted:

the nanny is a revolutionary?

fran drescher has lived a hard life

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

uphold Marxist-Leninist-Drescherist thought

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MaxxBot posted:

Usually the Vox podcast is tolerable but they did one on basic income and it's just a one hour rant about how basic income is bad and strict means testing is good :negative:

that's so vox

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jazerus posted:

why does everyone in the world love bad things???

must be all the negative orgones or smth

ezra klein gets positive reinforcement of huge speaking fees and corporate investment and the Very Serious People telling him he's smart when he writes good things about bad things so his value system is all hosed

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Scent of Worf posted:

the nanny is a revolutionary?

expropriate mr sheffield's wealth and take his kids into the jungles of chiapas to fight alongside ezln

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Scent of Worf posted:

look ya'll, the fact that the tech companies are swarming with dark enlightenment nutjob techbros can't color the industry because algorithms are unbiased

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

E:fb

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
James "Jimmy" Patrick Anthony Dore 2020

JPAD for short

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Frijolero posted:

JPAD for short

Even though Jimmy Dore is an idiot, at least he is an idiot with an audience and advocating for good things and criticizing bad dems. So hell, I'll take it.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jimmy Dore smugfacing the gently caress out of Bad Dems with sick burns makes me want to see him at a debate.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Frijolero posted:

JPAD for short

Jimmy "Arm the proletariat" Dore

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
SHOTS FIRED

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/888469907855290369

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

MORE SHOTS FIRED

https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore/status/888614077093875712

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/888077917007339520

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

:whitewater:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Consult the past six months, comrades:

Jill Stein: Immediately gets on the ball of collecting a bunch of money for election recounts, then fucks it up in the courts or some poo poo.
Hillary Clinton: Hid in the woods for four months before finally coming out and urging Trump to bomb Syria the day he does just that.

What I'm saying is, I'm proud of my vote and expect my crystals in the mail any day now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Dr. Jill "Funkalicious" Stein is worthless, but goddammit, she's not less than worthless and so is immediately cooler than 99.8% of the Democratic Party.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
super sad we're not arming islamists anymore :'(

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Probably Magic posted:

Dr. Jill "Funkalicious" Stein is worthless, but goddammit, she's not less than worthless and so is immediately cooler than 99.8% of the Democratic Party.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Scent of Worf posted:

Anything related to the middle east is going to be drowning in "creeping shawarma" morons even if it's innocuously secular pop music. The most outlandish comment sections are those related to the Yemeni war because they're blaming it on muslim immigration somehow.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

jill stein loving loves the russians so lol

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHz2Hmq7soo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

at this point with the big social media sites where visibility is based on popularity like reddit and youtube the odds are pretty good that any given thing you see is part of an astroturf campaign anyway

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

super sad we're not arming islamists anymore :'(
all the media articles about it were framing it as a bad thing and evidence of collusion with russians lol

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

jill stein is still pretty loving worthless hate to break it to ya

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

jill stein rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

comedyblissoption posted:

all the media articles about it were framing it as a bad thing and evidence of collusion with russians lol

Superpower anxiety is a powerful force and the centrists are basically doubling down on it rather than the slightest bit of effort to resist the pull of imperial conservatism.

• Locked thread