Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Kyries a small dude, how far has Chris paul gotten?

Steph wouldn't be poo poo without elite defense either. If those defensive players can also play offense, you get GSW, otherwise its OKC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Femur posted:

He was extremely young and injure then.. people shouldn't count those years against him.

this is all staged drama because that poo poo sales.

Cavs were in danger of going stale also ran, like the clippers, but they pivoted, bravo.

Miami, joke, spurs, yeah right he doesn't want to play d, NY, joke, Minn, joke.

all 3 teams have cleveland connection, and he threw spurs in for fun. poo poo is scripted

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Its obvious

heats; obvious, running from Lebrons shadow?.. they laughing at us.

Minnesota. wiggins/love

NY,melo, bannana boat rumour for 2 years now. going home call back narrative potential. several ex knicks on team also.

Spurs, sells the story. throws kawhi in for subtle faux Lebron dig. If Kyrie doesn't like Lebrons grip on the Cavs, the spurs will have 2 dudes with more power. People who want prefreiential treatment don't go to spurs, Aldridge is learning that, why he got fat, depressed fucker.

Femur fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 22, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Trap_Jesus/status/888488806344687616

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Kyrie getting traded for Wiggins and Derrick Rose putting up a 23 PER season and winning a ring would be super fantastic. Someone call Stern and get him to make it happen, he still had some bodies hidden somewhere.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
One of the new Adult Swim shows they premiered tonight features a wolf with a laser on his back whose favorite thing to do is watch the Knicks, who have god (who I think is DMX) on their side but still are the worst team in the league in a hilarious fashion.

Lockback posted:

The designated veteran Max is the new super Max, 35%, what bigger Max are you referring to? Also, I assume this contract is going to take whatever that Max is, and the initial number is just a projection. It's the same deal that Harden and Curry took.

Walls deal also has a 15% trade kicker and the 4th year is a player option. It's a dope deal.

Cap is going to go up next year because of jersey ad sales. If it's just a projection though it's fine.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Femur posted:

Its obvious

heats; obvious, running from Lebrons shadow?.. they laughing at us.

Minnesota. wiggins/love

NY,melo, bannana boat rumour for 2 years now. going home call back narrative potential. several ex knicks on team also.

Spurs, sells the story. throws kawhi in for subtle faux Lebron dig. If Kyrie doesn't like Lebrons grip on the Cavs, the spurs will have 2 dudes with more power. People who want prefreiential treatment don't go to spurs, Aldridge is learning that, why he got fat, depressed fucker.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11918678/1/Naruto-My-Career

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
crossovers. lazy OC.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

They are paying him with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuA_CyUdjkE

Skyr posted:

am i the only person not from milwaukee who wants lebron to go teach giannis how to be lebron? giannis seems like the ultimate basketball sponge and they could run like an infinite number of lineups

MIL would be pretty good as there are still LeBron doubters out there. LBJ going there and taking them to two or three finals before leaving would further drive home the point that he's an essential ingredient to winning the ECF.

WhyteRyce posted:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/888498671469318144

LeBron trades to get James Jones back. 80 dimensional chess

Even one dimensional chess remains so complex that no one can solve it. Tons of supercomputers, billions of people. Nobody can solve a stupid board game.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Chess is played in two dimensions

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Cap is going to go up next year because of jersey ad sales. If it's just a projection though it's fine.

Most of the time the contract is for the %, and the numbers are just a guess. It's usually noted if that's not the case, like with Klay Thompson's contract. I don't see details with Wall, but since he got everything else i think they gave him the full amount

FYI, Jersey ads right now are not adding a ton to the cap, probably like 2-3 million. Every time they announce an amount, divide it by 2 for the bri split, and by 30 for the cap spread. Warriors are trying to get 15-20 mil but no one is buying. The rest of the deals are between 4 and 8 million. If that ends up the average, the cap effect is 2-4 million, which is not very big.

At most this will be a 5% ish increase that will take several years to realize. It's not changing much.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

Look at you knowing more pieces than pawns.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Zogobot is malfunctioning

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Zogobot is malfunctioning

zogobot is part of a hive mind with other basketball bots and they're all on the fritz with DC knightbot dead

if they keep malfunctioning you ought to take the under on kawhi on the spurs

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

EDIT: So Cleveland is like the 4 seed next year right? and that's if LeBron plays his balls off and doesn't just say gently caress it and have a season ending "injury" before x-mas.

Back to the lottery cleveland.

CLE will probably be a top 3 seed unless LBJ has a serious injury.

Femur posted:

Cavs were in danger of going stale also ran, like the clippers, but they pivoted, bravo.

all 3 teams have cleveland connection, and he threw spurs in for fun. poo poo is scripted

Seems like a possibility.

DeimosRising posted:

There are variants with only one dimension.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

These loving traitors are first against the wall when the war with the machines begins

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlLK2VhCitw

drat when Draymond Green said he wanted to annihilate the Cleveland Cavaliers, I don't think he expected to annihilate them this bad where Kyrie wants out.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Yea the East is terrible. Even without Kyrie the Cavs will still be good.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

E2M2 posted:

Man Kyrie hitting that 3 over Curry really boosted the poo poo out of his ego.

I really want to believe that this is all about not having a 95 rating in NBA 2K18. Or he saw Westbrook go bananas and got really, really shot hungry.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rabid Snake posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlLK2VhCitw

drat when Draymond Green said he wanted to annihilate the Cleveland Cavaliers, I don't think he expected to annihilate them this bad where Kyrie wants out.

Clearly Draymond Green was whispering dark words into Kyrie's ear like he did KD. The man will sink to any level to win championships

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Femur posted:

He was extremely young and injure then.. people shouldn't count those years against him.

Kyrie is very good friends with Butler which is why he wanted to go to Chicago a few weeks ago and why he has Minnesota on the list now.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Away all Goats posted:

Clearly Draymond Green was whispering dark words into Kyrie's ear like he did KD. The man will sink to any level to win championships

Not until he starts calling people up at night and hissing at them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kyrie for Reggie Jackson and....

*shakes Magic 8 Ball*

....a 2019 first rounder.

Make it happen, Stan.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Kyrie is very good friends with Butler which is why he wanted to go to Chicago a few weeks ago and why he has Minnesota on the list now.

Why is he only listing NBA teams? What about the Senators or Phillies? Or fictional teams like Hogwarts? Proof it's staged.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Kyrie should join the Clippers.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

ThePariah posted:

Kyrie should join the Clippers.
I'm good

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lol no one here wants him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'd take Kyrie on the Bulls in a second, I don't think that any team with Kyrie as the best player is more than like a 4 seed in the East, but I'd much rather watch him zoom around and never miss a layup than Kris Dunn or whatever the gently caress avant garde deconstruction of basketball is going on with Cam Payne, and I think the hypothetical Jimmy-Kyrie-Desiccated Husk of Wade Three Alphas II borderline 8 seed would be fun as hell.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Oregonian/status/888575293786660864

What percentage of NBA players smoke weed during the season, do you think

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Wouldn't trade the Teodosic experience for anything

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

zoux posted:

Those who enjoy it probably 100%, those who don't probably 0%. It's the same as any other narcotic.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zoux posted:

80% or more

crazycello
Jul 22, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

I think the hypothetical Jimmy-Kyrie-Desiccated Husk of Wade Three Alphas II borderline 8 seed would be fun as hell.

I have some bad news for you...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doltos posted:

Those who enjoy it probably 100%, those who don't probably 0%. It's the same as any other narcotic.

Are you a cop

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

Are you a cop

If he wants to be one, he is. Same as any other job. Don't you loving get it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

If he wants to be one, he is. Same as any other job. Don't you loving get it

Ah, so things are what they are, is what youre saying

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

My friends dad was interviewing to be the head of mental health or some poo poo like that for the NBAPA but ultimately turned down the job because he said that it would be impossible to reliably assess and treat the players because 60+% of the league was high all the time

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My uncle works for Nintendo

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

straight up brolic posted:

My friends dad was interviewing to be the head of mental health or some poo poo like that for the NBAPA but ultimately turned down the job because he said that it would be impossible to reliably assess and treat the players because 60+% of the league was high all the time

One weird trick that confuses all psychologists and renders analysis impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

*in midAtlantic accent* Marijuana Induced Psychosis

• Locked thread