Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What's the insane numerology behind the "33,777.777" thing?

Also 33,777.777 what exactly? Dollars? Emails?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

Citing the History Channel as a legit source is :laffo:

Beers, T. (Producer). (2007, July 29). The Rookie Challenge [Television series episode]. In Ice Road Truckers. New York, New York: The History Channel.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"we"

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

It must be noted that blue is a "first generation immigrant" who moved here from *Sweden*, is white as hell, and speaks English better than a lot of Americans.

Beef Hardcheese has a new favorite as of 00:18 on Jul 22, 2017

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/vegasoffroad/status/327113744100519937

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
http://www.vore.com/ :heysexy: :heysexy:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

https://gapeaches.com

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Beef Hardcheese posted:

a "first generation immigrant" who moved here from *Sweden*

lol

Aside from all the other problems with that "budget", I don't see how anyone can seriously consider a budget which makes no mention of food, one of the most basic necessities of life

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Enfys posted:

lol

Aside from all the other problems with that "budget", I don't see how anyone can seriously consider a budget which makes no mention of food, one of the most basic necessities of life

Uh.. You can just eat the three free meals McDonald's provides for your 16 hour shift.

Only the stuff left in warmer for over four hours though, this ain't the Ritz.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Uh.. You can just eat the three free meals McDonald's provides for your 16 hour shift.

Only the stuff left in warmer for over four hours though, this ain't the Ritz.

Does McDonald's even have a policy of shift meals? A lot of places don't.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

there wolf posted:

I doubt it. A discount, maybe.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I doubt it. A discount, maybe.

They'll gladly charge you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Nobody cares to mention the second job?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I really hate the idea that because life was some amount of difficult for one generation, subsequent generations should be willing to accept at least the same amount of difficulty. If that is the case what the gently caress are we even doing here? What is the point of everything we're building if it isn't to make our lives better and "give our children a brighter future"?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

signalnoise posted:

I really hate the idea that because life was some amount of difficult for one generation, subsequent generations should be willing to accept at least the same amount of difficulty. If that is the case what the gently caress are we even doing here? What is the point of everything we're building if it isn't to make our lives better and "give our children a brighter future"?

I want a brighter future for MY children, not YOURS! :bahgawd:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

zoux posted:

Mental illness broadly and abuse issues specifically are often seen as defects of character or a lack of willpower rather than actual, physiological disorders. But, it's getting better.

I think it's more that disease is seen as something that happens to you, while addiction is something you do/did to yourself. Therefore, claiming an addiction is a disease is seen as refusing to take responsibility for your own actions.

"I have a glandular problem" *inhales fifteen McGriddles*, that sort of thing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Again if fast food jobs were only for teens then how the gently caress would people get lunch during the week?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Teens and minorities.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PhazonLink posted:

Again if fast food jobs were only for teens then how the gently caress would people get lunch during the week?

Other people's teens don't really need to go to school.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Other people's teens don't really need to go to school.

Unfortunately, this is genuinely what an increasing number of people believe.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Dropouts and continual Juvie cases, obviously.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

you make about a hundred passes past the seventy-year-old guy in the mall food court who's saying PHILLY CHEESESTEAK and holding out tiny bits of meat and cheese on toothpicks and hope his rheumy eyes never clear up

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/888438631081418757

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

:thumbsup:

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Strange it didn't change those last three lines in any way.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/exxonmobil/status/887015082139541504

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

chemicals bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

there wolf posted:

They did when I worked there 20 years ago...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PhazonLink posted:

And how did we go from "hey, here's a minimum wage to make sure the workforce can afford to live!" to "the minimum wage is obviously only for kids. Nobody's actually supposed to live on it"

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Intoluene posted:

Nobody cares to mention the second job?

Or the lack of candle funds?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jivjov posted:

And how did we go from "hey, here's a minimum wage to make sure the workforce can afford to live!" to "the minimum wage is obviously only for kids. Nobody's actually supposed to live on it"

I think it's when you have a job that actual children can do, I am not sure.

Food "cooking" can't be outsourced as easily as making T-Shirts and poo poo as it goes bad pretty quick.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

idgi

I mean, I get @dril, but not what this twit is supposed to be about

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

spud posted:

I think it's when you have a job that actual children can do, I am not sure.

Food "cooking" can't be outsourced as easily as making T-Shirts and poo poo as it goes bad pretty quick.

So what if a kid could do my job? Minimum wage should mean the kids get a fair deal as well. If I knew I was getting a third of what I make now as an adult, doing the same job when I first started working, I never would have taken the lovely wage.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Intoluene posted:

So what if a kid could do my job? Minimum wage should mean the kids get a fair deal as well. If I knew I was getting a third of what I make now as an adult, doing the same job when I first started working, I never would have taken the lovely wage.

I don't think kids should be working near deep fat fryers for a start, which is probably why we have child labour laws.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Is there no way the marketing person responsible for this couldn't wake up with a railroad spike through their head or something

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Doesn't McDonalds have a pretty established career ladder?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

PhazonLink posted:

Or late at night. When I managed a Taco Bell in undergrad, there was a legal limit on how many hours they could work in the week, how long their shifts could be, how late in the day they could work.....

Teens are about the worst fit for fast food and I hated it when we hired them. Their availability sucks. If you have a 24-hour store, they might be able to work 4-9pm a few days a week.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This guy got added to a group DM for teen KPop fans and it's very pure

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/883513796706357248

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/884780389528723460

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/888433969473003520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

What an idiot