Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The NXS cars are topping out at 165 on the straightaway in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rumors abound: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/news/nascar-cup-drivers-xfinity-truck-933359/

Well, more than rumors, but the higher ups are considering limiting crossover from Cup drivers to 5 races a season per series.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

change it to 5 cumulative between the two series' imo

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

iospace posted:

Rumors abound: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/news/nascar-cup-drivers-xfinity-truck-933359/

Well, more than rumors, but the higher ups are considering limiting crossover from Cup drivers to 5 races a season per series.

I've been saying that for loving years. Let rookies and sophomore drivers race as much as the want/can for seat time and limit everybody else to 5 or 10 races per season in ALL lower series combined. I think that would help develop other guys. If a kid coming up gets to race a car that Kyle Busch has set up for him combined with the amount of seat time needed to get it dialed in, it has to help them learn something going forward.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Rearranging the deck chairs

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
cancel xfinity and trucks and make the cup cars run crate engines

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I think the trucks are worth saving if not for the reason I get some sort of modifieds vibe off them. Save them.

You got ARCA, USAC, and WOO to draw talent from.

You got Modifieds, K&N, and the neglect Pinty's, Mexican Series. The Xfinity Series is just not really needed save for getting tv money. (it's only reason for existence).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Also Euro Nascar.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
this avatar is badass but it's not gonna last long

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

this avatar is badass but it's not gonna last long

I hope it last longer than Spicer

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
if it lasts the day I'll be shocked

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/888788597863837696

What the gently caress is wrong with NASCAR and why are they managed like this?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That's actually loving hilarious

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lol what the gently caress

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think it's time we went back to the classic title.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Maybe it wasn't a Jimmy John's

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
I can only imagine the yellow shirt that did that.

With radio audio
https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/888787867173912576

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
cars spinning around, people flying into the air

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

If you haven't seen the pagoda at IMS, it's not a short drop from the deck where spotters stand and something falling from that height is dangerous. They shouldn't have been tossing poo poo around. Knowing the IMS staff they were told not to, the penalties if they did and likely have signs posted.

Soooooo...

Maybe not be a loving idiot and do dumb things. Then someone won't have a completely valid reason to revoke your credentials.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
A falling sandwich is tragic, not dangerous, even at terminal velocity. Certainly if it was "tossed" as you say, then it's understandable, but everything has said "dropped". poo poo happens, it's not like a radio or anything dangerous dropped.

Taking someone's hard card isn't a small thing.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
lmao Allgaier

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

It takes some serious skill to gently caress up that badly.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

FuzzySkinner posted:

A halo would've prevented this.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Slickdrac posted:

It takes some serious skill to gently caress up that badly.

it was like a live action NES Days of Thunder pit stop

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That may be the worst sequence in a pit stop I've ever seen by a top-level team in a NASCAR major touring series. That was awful.

The only one worse was when that one HMS development driver shot way through his stall in the ARCA race at Daytona and ran over somebody else's crew.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

hosed up the entry and was over the line, check
Jackman puts the car up before rolling back, check
Tire changers start going to work without rolling back, check
All the nuts off when dropping the car, check
Dropping the car with all the nuts off a tire, check
Dropping the car when it's already too late, check
Rolling the car back when it's already too late, check
Rolling the car back with all the nuts off a tire, check
Crew still on the right of the car when driver takes off (not their fault if driver went all of their own accord), check
Driver takes off with Crew on the right side of the car, check
Driver takes off without tire secured, check
Driver runs over air gun, check
Driver takes off without clearance (again, unclear), check
Driver keeps going with unsecured tire after being told stop multiple times, check

I can't think of any series of gently caress ups that goes on that long for one stop.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
NASCAR is hilarious

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/888868651280908292

lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I've been saying for a while "try plates on a cookie cutter like Texas".

I want to see it now.

e- Fans were making GBS threads on Rick Allen on Twitter because apparently he doesn't know anything about diabeetus.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 22, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
race was......good?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

This is absolutely incredible.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

One thing at Eldora TV probably didn't pick up on: there were a moderate amount of people who left after Stage 2.

Look at that air hose go! Wheeeeeeee!

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 23, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

CBJSprague24 posted:

One thing at Eldora TV probably didn't pick up on: there were a moderate amount of people who left after Stage 2.

I dunno about other dirt tracks, but that's common at OCFS. Sometimes they put so much calcium on the track that it's like torture. I've left early more than I've seen the checkers over the years (also OCFS is a bitch to get out of if you leave at the same time as everyone else)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Finally something stupider than NASCAR

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Viking what does your Facebook say about the pitstop

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

New thread title :perfect:

Here's the better angle from live broadcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OErzL4HQsMo

Also, I forgot he also nailed his jackman earlier in the race as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOZk0Uowtys

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

exploded mummy posted:

Viking what does your Facebook say about the pitstop

they are too busy bitching about Cup guys in Xfinity

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
also some of them get real mad when you point out that the only thing that's gonna change is the names on the door, same cars are gonna win every week

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
triple post, ban Cup teams, let Cup drivers race as much as they want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Make Cup races a multi-class race with Cup, Xfinity, and Trucks all racing at the same time.

• Locked thread