Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

nerdz posted:

lol suddenly the "trump leaked it" theory sounds ten times more likely to be true

Yeah, looks like it.

Implicate your Attorney General and oldest political supporter in Russian collusion, surely that will allow Trump to turn the page on the Russian scandal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Your Taint posted:

So apparently Sean Spicer stole a mini fridge from junior staffers for his own personal use. He did this after he sent someone to ask and was essentially told to gently caress off. He then stole it in the middle of the night.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/888567800783978496

Did it contain 40 tiny pastries?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Well ok. Thanks WaPo for clearing that up.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

quote:

And so it appears Republicans will be forced to choose between abandoning their health care legislation and taking the extremely risky approach of overruling the parliamentarian on the Senate floor—a tack that could lead to a virtual abolition of the legislative filibuster, since a Senate majority could henceforth place any legislation it wanted under the special simple-majority rules applying to budget bills. Ted Cruz has been pushing for this “solution” all year, but it’s one Mitch McConnell, self-appointed conservator of Senate traditions, has been reluctant to embrace.

:thunk:

Apparently these rulings were made on the version before the Cruz amendment, so they'd probably have to get another ruling for that if they went forward. Not that it really matters at this point though.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Boris Galerkin posted:

Democracy dies in darkness, or it lives there, whatever.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

E: I am very stupid

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

evilmiera posted:

Did it contain 40 tiny pastries?

No. That would've been terrible.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/888724194820857857

Shook Donnie.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
He should do that passive aggressive thing where you tell someone you forgive them, as if it's obvious they did something wrong. Only instead do it with pardons.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/888726438265966592

Good ol Saturday morning tweet storm from the President.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/888727293346156546

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Funnily enough Donnie. No one cares because she didn't win.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I'm baffled that we're this far into the presidency and he's still blaming Clinton.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ventana posted:

I'm baffled that we're this far into the presidency and he's still blaming Clinton.

Really? Are you really?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Ventana posted:

He will literally be blaming Clinton until the moment he dies.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ventana posted:

It's all because he lost the popular vote by 3 million. If he'd just scraped by to a popular vote win, and won the electoral college by just a few votes, he'd talk about her less I think.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

nerdz posted:

lol suddenly the "trump leaked it" theory sounds ten times more likely to be true

Trump recently finished House of Cards and thought Frank Underwood's plan was a great idea!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/888730468732067841

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Just to pinpoint one little tidbit of crazy, how is the "Russian Reset" a Clinton "tie to Russia" exactly? Obviously the answer is that widely-publicised foreign diplomacy by Secretary of State=shady Russian ties, but pee tapes, election hacking and massive loans=friendly relationship with our Russian allies

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

CyberPingu posted:

Really? Are you really?

I thought he was gonna start blame shifting completely to Comey or Fake News (which he is doing still just alongside Clinton)

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

Funnily enough Donnie. No one cares because she didn't win.

His base and Fox news viewers seem to care a LOT

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ventana posted:

He's been watching Fox News which has been desperately wailing on "b...but here's a Clinton scandal!" to fill time instead or reporting on Trump-Russia. Fox has also been doing it because Hillary Bad has in the past been the easy way to get conservative audiences and Fox is bleeding viewers.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Man, after he fired Comey for being mean to Clinton, I'm looking forward to him Saturday Night Massacre-ing Mueller for failing to investigate her.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

SlipkPIe posted:

His base and Fox news viewers seem to care a LOT

Gotta keep up the self-justification of their votes that no matter what Trump did or does, Hillary would definitely have been worse.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Trauma posted:

No. That would've been terrible.

:golfclap:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/888733031875346432

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What...?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

What will be first, the self-pardon (via tweet) or firing Mueller?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/888734848550043648

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is Scaramucci's hiring ushering in a new golden (dark?) age of morning Trump tweets?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
He seems to be unusually verbose this morning.

Guess he wants to clear the air before going on vacation. :v:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This is the best one, though.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/888724194820857857

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Maybe he had to do an abnormally large poo poo and so had more time to tweet.

E: Yeah, that one is definitely the best.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

His tweets read like a word of the day screensaver

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No at his age it's all rabbit poops

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

literal Whataboutism.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

So the crime you committed was releasing all of these leaks for something to talk about? A republican president so desperate for something to rag on and feel persecuted by you created your own scandals every day?!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

fsif posted:

only crime so far

Yes, so far...

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

To be fair, the Constitution isn't really clear on that simply because until Trump it wasn't really something anyone would think would come up.

quote:

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

The general consensus however is that the President cannot pardon himself, only in the matter that it would allow them to carry out any crime (murder, etc) without prosecution, and that no sane founding father would have considered that allowable given the whole, "King George is a loving tyrant" view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

If I'm recalling the Trump Tweet heat map right, Saturday morning has always been a hot spot for his hot takes.

• Locked thread