Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Johnny Walker posted:

I was just thinking that Ripley's should just hire Dan Paulun already.

Its just a hunch, but he strikes me as not the sort of person you would willingly sit in an office all day with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Fleep

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh right I forgot the fleep guy also chugs a bowl of his own piss before he realizes he's a terrorist who blew a bomb up to avenge the death of his wife because of the government

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

Brewster Rockit: Space Guy!

grooooooooooooannnnnnnn

(see, Pastis, that's how you do it)

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

gently caress you Brooke. EIther he's Gay or he's Bisexual, although leans towards men. You can't have him be gay but gently caress women whenever the mood suits him. It's like he heard somewhere that two straight guys can gently caress once and it doesn't mean they're gay now, and that's true and all, but this is reading like some incredibly hosed up "You can gently caress the gay away by just boning enough of the other sex!" It's not even "Well, he was gay, but he's not anymore" which is also a thing that happens. People's sexual identities change over time and that's completely normal. But this isn't that! This is just so hosed up! No to mention the fact that Edda is supposedly in a committed exclusive relationship with Amos (or are they married?) with an incredibly-hosed-up-but-active-and-I'm-not-one-to-judge sex life. Is he OK with this? Is he into cuckolding? Since Amos has always been Brooke's Mary Stu in this, maybe this is his way of addressing that, where the meek guy watches an Adonis bang his wife/girlfriend?

Argh.

Why am I even thinking about this?

It's just very insulting is all.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend Midsummer Day Dreams (click for huge)

And He Did. (November, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (February, 1917)

Doings of the Duffs. (November, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (October, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (October, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (March, 1941)

Archie (March, 1956, click for big)

Feiffer (1974, click for big)

Andy Capp (December, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (January, 1972, click for big)

Dick Tracy (October, 2001, click for big)

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Slammy posted:

Mopsy (March, 1941)

Oh my god :love: .

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Mercury Hat posted:

Oh my god :love: .

The times, they are a changin'

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

gently caress you Brooke. EIther he's Gay or he's Bisexual, although leans towards men. You can't have him be gay but gently caress women whenever the mood suits him. It's like he heard somewhere that two straight guys can gently caress once and it doesn't mean they're gay now, and that's true and all, but this is reading like some incredibly hosed up "You can gently caress the gay away by just boning enough of the other sex!" It's not even "Well, he was gay, but he's not anymore" which is also a thing that happens. People's sexual identities change over time and that's completely normal. But this isn't that! This is just so hosed up! No to mention the fact that Edda is supposedly in a committed exclusive relationship with Amos (or are they married?) with an incredibly-hosed-up-but-active-and-I'm-not-one-to-judge sex life. Is he OK with this? Is he into cuckolding? Since Amos has always been Brooke's Mary Stu in this, maybe this is his way of addressing that, where the meek guy watches an Adonis bang his wife/girlfriend?

Argh.

Why am I even thinking about this?

It's just very insulting is all.

Hey, remember that time GHulk met Edda's uncle and immediately deduced that he's gay? And his only evidence for that was that he spent so much time banging his wife that they had a happy marriage and lot of children! And then GHulk went up to the dude and was like, "Dude! You're gay!" And instead of being like, "No, I'm straight, everything's cool," or "No, I'm bisexual, everything's cool," he was like, "Oh poo poo! I am gay! Better get a divorce and never sex a woman again!"

Yeah...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Hey, remember that time GHulk met Edda's uncle and immediately deduced that he's gay? And his only evidence for that was that he spent so much time banging his wife that they had a happy marriage and lot of children! And then GHulk went up to the dude and was like, "Dude! You're gay!" And instead of being like, "No, I'm straight, everything's cool," or "No, I'm bisexual, everything's cool," he was like, "Oh poo poo! I am gay! Better get a divorce and never sex a woman again!"

Yeah...

Or the time GHulk fell "in love" with a female character's dancing and had sex with her, but that didn't count as sleeping with a woman because he was making love to her art not her.

I think that's when GHulk's boyfriend vanished from the strip, too.

e: OH and in that wedding arc they just did they had Edda and someone else think a guy was gay because he was good at picking dresses.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I remember way, way back when I actually liked 9 Chickweed Lane because it had smart and apparently independent female characters.

hooooooooooooooooooooh boy

E: like, I was literally under the impression that "Brooke" was a woman, back when I was reading it in an actual newspaper

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True (February, 1917)

And then everyone stood up and clapped.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kennel posted:

And then everyone stood up and clapped.

Even the cop's cowlick is pumped about it

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is mint in box.

Working Daze isn't photogenic.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix does have a point.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

To do that you'd have to be able to afford to put aside $50 a week, so why not just do that every week? At the end of the year you've saved $2600 instead of $1378. Or just put aside however much you can spare each week instead of starting at $1? What's the point of this?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I still say spite spoiling the plot twist is bad form for the comics thread, even if Fleep has turned out remarkably dumb so far.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've been in a hospital for a few weeks so 9CL went from the lead couple wanting the others to be more adventurous to this. Did blonde woman dump curly haired husband for gay hulk? Or is this a cuckolding thing?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

RandomPauI posted:

a cuckolding thing

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Every dude thinks they're a grill master. Bless.

Arlo and Janis Classic (September 23, 1995)

Haha, this is pretty raw for Arlo!

Garfield Classic (September 23, 1985)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Tiggum posted:

To do that you'd have to be able to afford to put aside $50 a week, so why not just do that every week? At the end of the year you've saved $2600 instead of $1378. Or just put aside however much you can spare each week instead of starting at $1? What's the point of this?

It sounds like more of a discipline thing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RandomPauI posted:

I've been in a hospital for a few weeks so 9CL went from the lead couple wanting the others to be more adventurous to this. Did blonde woman dump curly haired husband for gay hulk? Or is this a cuckolding thing?

A Ghuckolding thing!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I assume it's about slowly adjusting your spending habits.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Baldo

Wizard of Id

(I wonder if Mason was a boy scout?)

Big Nate

Wallace The Brave

Bootie-Hump

I genuinely don't get this one. Is "Pigeon" a popular slang term for someone who is gullible?

Baby Blues

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:drat:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

Yeah...

I had forgotten about that. That was like 2-3 years ago now, wasn't it? Ugh. Please endeavor to defenestrate thine self from the penthouse domicile of the grandest edifice in UAE, Brooke.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Zippy

Ripley's

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

shortspecialbus posted:

I had forgotten about that. That was like 2-3 years ago now, wasn't it? Ugh. Please endeavor to defenestrate thine self from the penthouse domicile of the grandest edifice in UAE, Brooke.

It might seem that way because of how slowly things move in this strip, but It's actually older than that. Would you believe that it happened back in 2010?

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

I'm choosing to misread this strip as Ghulk locking Edda in his bedroom closet.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aardmania posted:

It might seem that way because of how slowly things move in this strip, but It's actually older than that. Would you believe that it happened back in 2010?

God I'd forgotten how bad the BrookeMouths used to be. :gonk:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

You know, I really like Blackjack :)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Mikl posted:

You know, I really like Blackjack :)
:yeah:

Flash Gordon

2001 Spiderman

The Amazing Mole Man

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Vargo posted:

I genuinely don't get this one. Is "Pigeon" a popular slang term for someone who is gullible?

Yes, "pigeon" has been used as slang for "sucker" or "mark." That said, it's pretty out-of-date slang, but that's what you get from Billingsley.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Vargo posted:

Bootie-Hump

"Pigeon" is sometimes used as slang for the victim of a confidence scam.

F Minus

:lol:

Mark Trail

No, really, who goes bald like that?

Mary Worth

I don't know what Mary's going on about here.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

"Oh man I'm way behind schedule. gently caress it, I'll just draw their eyes these last two panels." - Terry Beatty, approximately 2 weeks ago.

Secret Agent X-9

"Forget trying to catch those thugs that literally left the room as you were coming in! I have cigar ashes!"

Apartment 3-G

Man, Millie has a really tough life right now.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I don't know what Mary's going on about here.

Mary is not-so-subtly throwing shade, calling that girl an infant.

Edit: I forgot I have a comic:

I'm glad we're getting to the bullying portion of the storyline quickly! Luann is going to be such a great teacher.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 22, 2017

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

I'm glad we're getting to the bullying portion of the storyline quickly! Luann is going to be such a great teacher.

That girl seems to be in a subtly different style than everyone else, it's sorta weirding me out.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

The college I teach at holds week long summer camps over the summer for high school kids. The amount of work / insurance / red tape to be able to run an activity where minors are left in your care is pretty insane. I'm glad all I have to do is try to teach the lil' bastards how to program video games in a week.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Julet Esqu posted:

It was pretty clever of the Evanses to make up for their lack of being able to make up interesting characters by having no one show up, and they're even about to get rid of one of the two who did. Genius!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

2001 Spiderman

Mole-Man lost a lot of weight between then and now

• Locked thread