Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

qbert posted:

It's okay to like or dislike the beta as long as you realize you can't argue anyone into feeling the same way as you.

I totally get this. I can see how some people would like this. I ain't mad, just sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

lol, it's a Beta.

I'm sure they will roll back 4v4 only for the full game :/

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Fusion rifles... Good???

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wrecks%20Box%20OneX/video/34299882

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Also lmao get loving wrecked.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wrecks%20Box%20OneX/video/34299915

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My standards are: destiny 1, but nicer

This is: destiny 1, but bad

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Managed to get two supers in one quick play game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XcNq-i7VAQ

The world first title is a joke.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
I downloaded the open beta on xbone but if I try it I think I'll end up buying this game twice.

I'm weak.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

I'm not saying I was some e-bushido cock sucker

I am sorry if we as a community ever implied that you were "e-bushido". You are 100% organic in your suckage.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Gamblers Dodge on Arcstrider is very fun in pvp. Chaining melee kills is :discourse:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Avail posted:

I downloaded the open beta on xbone but if I try it I think I'll end up buying this game twice.

I'm weak.

still two under the record in this thread

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

limaCAT posted:

I am sorry if we as a community ever implied that you were "e-bushido". You are 100% organic in your suckage.

Thanks man. Glad I put up with your feminine accent in my party back in the day. You also taught me how to say oval office in Italian.

Love you.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol someone did the math and one Titan pulse grenade does more damage than any super can do for its entire duration.

Jfc loving lmao. Yeah it's a beta but come on.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am a fan of grenades. Looking back the videos of my games where I manage miraculously to visit the lighthouse, many of my kills where with grenades.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah it's a beta but

Can you just start every single one of your posts with this from now until September?

tia

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

That said there's never going to be a return to the old way of destiny where it was a an unbalanced chaos at times, CoD is dying as a competitive game and Activision need a new "competitive" IP to push. Destiny was probably the most consistently streamed console of the past few years and still had high numbers for what will be 3 years. That doesn't go unnoticed and it was obvious d1 was never going to be able to be used for any kind of proper ranked competitive play. I'm willing to bet that by the time the first expansion is announced there will be ranked games and tourney functionality that's going to be coupled with an MLG event to go with it.

Please no, e-sports poo poo needs to gently caress off and die already.

quote:

I miss my crutches cause I'm poo poo of energy shield and a self rez.

Fixed your post. lmao if you thought they where gonna leave self rez alone, that's the one ability they would have straight up removed if they could have in D1.

Also the sunsinger shield got nerfed into the ground cause of lovely rear end cru cru so not sure how you depended on that, if you really miss that just play a titan, at least their shield was still strong.

Its funny seeing some of the streamers being bitching now, they where all super happy day 1 now just non stop bitching on change this and change that, long as they keep it separate, that's all I'm worried about, every single questionable decision that affected PvE as well can all be traced back to Crucible, quite frankly the game feeling as anemic as it does in terms of weapons and armor can also be traced back to pvp, like goddamn is it really so goddamn hard to split the 2, let me putz around with all the cool poo poo in pve and the bads can go to cru with their gimped poo poo, all this poo poo works in pve, doesn't in pvp, simple, it might fly over some people's heads but the ones that actually care will adapt.

Really only thing I hate in the beta is hunter, they're so loving bad, just utter trash, how did we go from nightstalker to whatever the gently caress we got in the beta, gently caress I've seen arc striders die before they even finish their super casting animation, that's just sad, least GG is still a threat.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Alteisen posted:

Really only thing I hate in the beta is hunter, they're so loving bad, just utter trash, how did we go from nightstalker to whatever the gently caress we got in the beta, gently caress I've seen arc striders die before they even finish their super casting animation, that's just sad, least GG is still a threat.

Poledancer loving rules

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

Poledancer loving rules

Shh... the longer people think this the longer till it gets nerfed.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol someone did the math and one Titan pulse grenade does more damage than any super can do for its entire duration.

Jfc loving lmao. Yeah it's a beta but come on.

Lol u mad cause you cant crutch melee shotguns bro. Why you salty now?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

Managed to get two supers in one quick play game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XcNq-i7VAQ

The world first title is a joke.

Your aim with that auto and sub are pretty legit. I use full range mods on both of those. What you running?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
jesus loving christ, fist of havoc is a weak sneeze with no impact radius to speak of

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

jesus loving christ, fist of havoc is a weak sneeze with no impact radius to speak of

The higher you jump the bigger the blast radius :ssh:

Its still not amazing though. It could use a buff to its leap distance

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Your aim with that auto and sub are pretty legit. I use full range mods on both of those. What you running?

Range barrell and mods accross the board. I ignore stability in d2 so far.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Hey everyone, love the thread and we're all having fun, just checking in to say it's absolutely illegal to call PvP "cru" or "crucru."

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Range barrell and mods accross the board. I ignore stability in d2 so far.

Yep. Same.

I uploaded some control gameplay: https://youtu.be/Lm2hfHIrYZM

For anyone taking note keep an eye on when i push and disengage and how early i make the call if things go bad. Slide or jump around every corner. Crouch half way through a gun fight or strafe shoot. Spam Titan shield, no reason not to.

Haven't lost a game in two days and feeling it a lot more now. All my previous criticisms still stand. 4v4 won't change but they can and should make some abilty and movement changes. Sidearms are loving pathetic and need a buff. SMGs could use a little love. Scouts too. The rest is fine. I like that hand canons are harder to use now. More of a skill weapon.

Also pulse nades are loving great and i have been using them over lightnings.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
So are there no auto rifles for the primary slot? I mean, I know there's that Deathstalker-4au that goes in the former-secondary slot, but none for the top slot?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

So are there no auto rifles for the primary slot? I mean, I know there's that Deathstalker-4au that goes in the former-secondary slot, but none for the top slot?

Scathelocke is what you're looking for.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I'm making snu snu in the cru cru tonight.

Why else would it be sweaty?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MLG ESPORT cru cru is dumb as hell, let the poo poo be broken as gently caress

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Failsafe dunking on Ghost in the strike is great, but otherwise I feel like I'm playing a worse version of the game I already put too much time into. I know early build, stress test, beta whatever, but this is leaving me feeling really underwhelmed.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
so dont buy it?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow, Fist of Havoc sucks a whole lot worse in pvp than it used to. The Striker feels like poo poo in general in it.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

One time in D1 I killed the whole opposing team with a single Fist of Havoc after they huddled inside a Defender's bubble. I don't think that it will feel like such an accomplishment with 4v4 matches with shittier supers.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

I know a lot of people say "it's a beta," but it comes natural to a lot of folks since that's probably the first words they ever heard after being born.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I mean I know it's a beta and all but pvp just feels bad. I feel like I barely use my powers or abilities at all, shoulder charge feels weak as gently caress, the fist is pretty blah, and the barricades are okay I guess. SBMM is awful though. The gunplay's still good at least. The pve was fun so I'll get it just for that again but half the fun was the pvp and pve interconnectivity.

One time in D1 I killed the whole opposing team with a single Fist of Havoc after they huddled inside a Defender's bubble. I don't think that it will feel like such an accomplishment with 4v4 matches with shittier supers.

I bounced off a defender's bubble with it once, somehow. :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 22, 2017

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I know a lot of people say "it's a beta," but it comes natural to a lot of folks since that's probably the first words they ever heard after being born.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
So many people sleeping on Arcstrider and Striker smdh. Reminds me of early D1 :allears:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Lol u mad cause you cant crutch melee shotguns bro. Why you salty now?

I played the D2 beta for a while and destroyed people, I'll be a very very good player (but not pro sweatlord) regardless of the meta. If anything I'm more suited to this style of play because my twitchy reaction times are probably the worst part of my game, I get by on solid aim, good positioning and understanding map flow.

But it's slow and boring and not Destiny (imho). I get they could theoretically adjust some stuff but there's a philosophy driving these changes from D1 that's most evident in the 4v4 decision.

Everyone is free to imagine that they will change their philosophy in the 6 weeks between now and release, but Bungie looked at this beta and said "this is representative enough of the product that this is how we are going to introduce the public to Destiny 2".

I get that you could like the direction, and I'm happy for people who are gonna get a game they like. But the beta basically confirmed my worst fear after hearing of the 4v4 decision, and that's that they are doubling down on "competitive" streamer pvp in a game that still obviously doesn't have the technical foundation for it, and that is at the expense of the potential to be a ton of crazy space fun in a more casual environment.

To each their own. But to me it is real bad. And let's not pretend that a game can't hang itself trying this kind of pvp change, it just happened with Halo.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tried the demo and I could not have been more dissapointed. The game just seems so slow... character movement, cooldowns, everything just felt sluggish. I dropped off destiny 1 after release because of all of its problems and I remember it being way faster than this.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

To each their own. But to me it is real bad. And let's not pretend that a game can't hang itself trying this kind of pvp change, it just happened with Halo.

PvE feels bland as hell and they're going to hang it as well if they keep insisting on no difference in guns/abilities between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

sunday at work posted:

PvE feels bland as hell and they're going to hang it as well if they keep insisting on no difference in guns/abilities between the two.

they've already said pve is changing