Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Illusion magic in ffta2 is my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The White Dragon posted:

my teams were always incredibly diverse but ffta laws are loophole trash

forbidden:white magic
>cast bishop cura
NOPE THAT DOESN'T COUNT AS A PRAYER THAT'S WHITE MAGIC

also illusion magic is pretty junk imo. it's one of those ability sets where it's great on the AI but terrible on you because the enemy units are really specifically geared to maximize damage. but when you use it normally without min-maxing your equipment (usually because you don't have access to it yet), it's like "<20." hard pass.

White mages do learn cura too though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Allarion posted:

White mages do learn cura too though

they do but then crossover skills still put you in prison when forbidden:white magic could easily mean "forbidden: command called white magic" and not "forbidden: all spells that could be considered white magic" because they also have laws for specific ability groups

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

precision posted:

Oh well, at least I only wasted a trivial amount of LP then.

You know, it would help out the License Board if the number of points you spent on it actually improved your stats or something, would give you a reason to buy all those Gambit and low-LP Accessory slots besides "I'm a completionist"

At least the HP, Battle Lore, and Magick Lore licenses are stat increases.

I'm not about to defend the license board, though. I don't hate it, but I don't think it was ever a particularly satisfying method of character progression in either its original or Zodiac form. I do like the Esper assigning aspect, at least.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wonder if the way to improve the License Board wouldn't be to restrict equipment/magic//technicks to single characters, though I guess that would cause people to only really invest in three characters even harder than they do already now.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Do quickenings ever not make the bosses a joke

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

beergod posted:

I think I used two quickenings against the Wyvern Lord hunt and didn't do much damage but that's mostly from me not actually understanding how Quickenings work
Also Wyvern Lord was the first boss I ever had to swap characters in because I could only ever hurt it with Gunner Ashe, Archer Fran and Black Mage Penelo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

beergod posted:

eventually bosses have millions of hp

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I loved FFTA1, even the parts of it that are worse than FFTA2.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my current ffta2 playthrough has an illusionist/seer (hasn't gotten Magick Frenzy yet though) and his damage is perfectly fine - when people are hitting for 80-150 he's dealing 60-70 to everything and never needs to move (meaning more actions since moving delays your turn). He needs a turn to set-up, usually via cannoneer Ether Shell, but after that he's off to the races. granted he has Geomancy so everything is weak to his poo poo but it's not like other people don't have Dual Wield or other broken poo poo too. maybe it was shittier in FFTA1 due to infinite mp, but in A2 it's like tier 1 elemental spells that hit everyone, and it'll be even better once Magick Frenzy adds a crisp 40-70 damage to each spell via book beatings.

also No Crits, No Knockbacks, etc. aren't actually RNG because abilities and spells can't crit. i dont remember if Counter et al crits count but you can just use different R-abilities if so. FFTA2's laws are a lot more fun because they really force* you to look at battles that you could otherwise poo poo all over in different ways, like the one that's just a bunch of Moogle Fusiliers on high places with the Can't Target All Enemies law to keep you from just balling up in a corner with an illusionist. making laws particular rather than random did a lot to make it a fun system rather than a lovely one.

*it doesn't actually force you to do anything since it just means you lose your bonus if you break it

Antsylvania
Nov 5, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I think I used two quickenings against the Wyvern Lord hunt and didn't do much damage but that's mostly from me not actually understanding how Quickenings work
Also Wyvern Lord was the first boss I ever had to swap characters in because I could only ever hurt it with Gunner Ashe, Archer Fran and Black Mage Penelo

To borrow from here:

1) If a Mist Charge is there then choose it.
2) If a Mist Charge isn't there, choose the lowest level
Quickening.
3) If no option is available, shuffle and go back to stage one.

Remember to look at the pips on the right, they show up instantly! There's no need to wait for the names to finish shuffling, if you see a blank spot or a single pip on a char you know has charges, mash that poo poo. With just a little bit of practice, you'll be hitting Ark Blasts or better pretty much every time. Good luck!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yo i'm gonna try and take a run at atma weapon legitimately but if things start going not so well, vanish/doom still works, right? it must; if it was undead, then a phoenix down would work... probably

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

35 hours into FFVI: Brave New World, just found Cyan in WOR.

Main thoughts so far:

1. Been running a team of Celes, Setzer, Gau and Cyan whenever possible. Good playstyles and I like their characters.

2. Strago and Relm seem boring in both character and abilities. If I want a "mimic character" I have Gau, who does it in a more interesting way. Also had Reraise thanks to Conjurer so that is awesome.

3. Atma Weapon before Kefka and Gestahl is a nightmare, spent half-a-day on it. I had to kick Gau out for Setzer as he has both good healing and damage and more importantly, I can control him. Gau's liability really shows in that fight and is making me reflect on the inevitable string of hard fights to come. You can't be wasting time with an autopilot character in such tough scrapes. I might substitute Gau in my main four.

4. I let Shadow die because how the gently caress am I supposed to know you just wait there until 5 seconds are left? Luckily I abused save states for the first time all game and saved him.

5. The World of Ruin is waayyyyy better than the World of Balance. Music, atmosphere, writing.... Setzer's flashback alone is better written than most everything in teh previous half of the game. The way they showed his memory as images in the background as you walked down the stairs is impressively cinematic.

6. Speaking of writing, Kefka is...ehhhh. They didn't even loving mention these Warring Triad all game until the dungeon right before the Floating Continent and sure would suck if a certain villain made use of this unfathomable power. They build up the Espers and the War of the Magi all game but there was this bigger war before that you see that nobody mentions till now. Hope nobody slightly nudges one of them and then somehow also absorbs their power(???). I didn't get much sense Kefka ever had a plan, he just kinda stumbled into all this and he be SOL if Celes ahd just gone for his eye or something.

But yeah, having quite a lot of fun. Still missing two characters but I am assured everyone is mandatory except Mog (who I have) so I guess I'll find them eventually. Right now the game is just letting meander around collecting party members but I thought that was optional so I dunno. I guess when I have them all Terra will snap out of her funk and the plot will give me a new objective.

P.S.

Celes is totally the main (and best) character, why is Terra in Dissidia again?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope there's two other completely optional characters you're missing
E: unless they changed it in that romhack anyway

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope there's two other completely optional characters you're missing
E: unless they changed it in that romhack anyway

See, that's what I thought. Umaro and Gogo, correct?

Did I miss them? Were they in the WOB?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope they're both in WoR, it's been a while but Umaro is around the village you start the game and Gogo is in a cave in I think the top right of the map on a small island you can only get to in the airship. Tough enemies in there too iirc.
I think the only character you can permanently lose is Shadow if you don't wait for him.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

its not even gameover if marche goes to jail

So you're saying I can just throw him into jail and never use him again right and just make an all custom clan?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope they're both in WoR, it's been a while but Umaro is around the village you start the game and Gogo is in a cave in I think the top right of the map on a small island you can only get to in the airship. Tough enemies in there too iirc.
I think the only character you can permanently lose is Shadow if you don't wait for him.

I went to the spot you mentioned for Gogo first and was busy fighting one of those tough enemies you mentioned - the Zone Eater - when it suddenly sucked me into the dungeon .That was surprising. Lots of good loot though and tons of GP in addition to recruiting Gogo.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

I went to the spot you mentioned for Gogo first and was busy fighting one of those tough enemies you mentioned - the Zone Eater - when it suddenly sucked me into the dungeon .That was surprising. Lots of good loot though and tons of GP in addition to recruiting Gogo.

It's a neat way of hiding Gogo in that game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NikkolasKing posted:

lol I actually totally forgot about that and I'm glad I didn't spoil it because that's a pretty cool moment

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I thought you were trying not to spoil that. It's a neat moment. Unless your that person who resets before seeing a gameover screen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah no, it's legit been probably 18 years since the last time I actually did that bit, I could remember the island, and the Zone Eater enemies and finding Gogo in a 'cave' but my brain failed to connect them up properly.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Also I forgot to mention that "The Decisive Battle" is an amazing normal boss theme. For me, there's nothing quite like a good boss theme because a boss is supposed to be something special and for that to succeed, they really need music that brings out some emotion in you. All kinds of boss themes out there - some that make you feel inspired because of your heroes, and still others that make you feel dread because of what you are facing - but VI went with the former. It really reminds me of FFVII. Both boss themes get me so fired up and that's exactly what you want out of a normal boss theme, IMO. I'm not sure which is better.

The normal battle theme in VI is...less good, though . Not bad like Chrono Cross, just unremarkable. FFVII definitely wins that comparison as it has sone of the best in the series.

And totally unrelated except it's a boss theme that covers the "dread inspiring" category, SMT Nocturne's "Fiends" is perfection and I really need to replay Nocturne again. If only I could run nto Matador for the first time all over again.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

NikkolasKing posted:

2. Strago and Relm seem boring in both character and abilities. If I want a "mimic character" I have Gau, who does it in a more interesting way. Also had Reraise thanks to Conjurer so that is awesome.

Neither's really that great. Lores are neat but Strago doesn't really have anything that stands out from regular magic, while Sketch is pretty lame even though the hack buffed it (and obviously fixed its glitchiness). The hack fixes them by making them magical powerhouses, Strago being crazy slow but with high magic power, and Relm having both powerful attack and healing spells in the WoR.

quote:

3. Atma Weapon before Kefka and Gestahl is a nightmare, spent half-a-day on it. I had to kick Gau out for Setzer as he has both good healing and damage and more importantly, I can control him. Gau's liability really shows in that fight and is making me reflect on the inevitable string of hard fights to come. You can't be wasting time with an autopilot character in such tough scrapes. I might substitute Gau in my main four.

Back when I played, Atma Weapon was a massive roadblock. It took me ten attempts with all sorts of party configurations (keeping in mind each new party requires doing the Floating Continent again). His assault is relentless and it's crazy difficult to keep up with him. I figured he'd get nerfed a bit with future patches.

quote:

4. I let Shadow die because how the gently caress am I supposed to know you just wait there until 5 seconds are left? Luckily I abused save states for the first time all game and saved him.

Yeah, that's something dumb in both the original and the hack. If you don't wait until the last few seconds of this "escape the crumbling continent" scenario, you permanently miss out on a character.

NikkolasKing posted:

In the original, Zone Eater would just randomly suck in members of your party. The hack makes it so you have to beat it up enough before it'll swallow you. I think there's a couple NPCs who mention this in the original.

BNW WoR is kinda fun because that's when poo poo gets really broken (if you think Gau's great now, wait until you explore Umaro's cave, unless that item got moved/removed), but most of the bosses end up being giant HP sponges with no major gimmicks due to the nonlinear nature of the WoR. Maybe that's changed since I last played, though.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I can't believe you're playing a romhack before playing the original. And the game asks if you want to wait for Shadow, it's your fault for doubting him and leaving him to die. It would have been a design flaw if you needed to get to the airship with a set amount of time left on the clock, but since you just need to run the timer down to a dramatic finish I don't think it's bad at all. "Should we wait for Shadow?" "gently caress no, ninja's cramping my style and slowing me down. [five hours later] I regret my words and deeds."

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Back when I played, Atma Weapon was a massive roadblock. It took me ten attempts with all sorts of party configurations (keeping in mind each new party requires doing the Floating Continent again). His assault is relentless and it's crazy difficult to keep up with him. I figured he'd get nerfed a bit with future patches.

There are two phases to his fight. First phase he does Flare, Magnitude, (Earth attack) Quartr (reduces everyone to 1/4 HP) and maybe some other stuff. Also Purge, which dispels all your buffs. He's not too bad once you get Slow on him. Halfway through the fight though his power level rises, he gets insta-Haste, Shell and Protect and he casts Flare Star. He'll now start to use moves like Roze which is some attack Runic can't absorb and which does decent damage + Poison. He also has Mind Blast which puts random status effects on your entire party. Oh and Glare, which Stones one character. Getting rid of that Haste is Priority #1 but e will rebuff himself one more time before the fight is over.

What was really killing me was Mind Blast's random status ailments. Combined with AW's Haste, the wrong status ailments on the wrong character will get you swarmed and destroyed before you can debuff him to make him somewhat manageable. Oh and he has permanent Regen and recovers about 240 HP a pop so if you get stuck in a healing loop, you're screwed in two different ways.

I didn't want to sacrifice stats for status protection but I ended up caving. That's when I actually won. I noticed what effects Mind Blast usually left on which character and made sure they were protected from it.

But yeah, random status effects attacks on the whole party just seem to be my Kryptonite. I have no idea if Grand Cross in vanilla FFIX does this but in the mods I've played of IX, Grand Cross has the potential to hit everyone with everything. I never even managed to beat Necron in the last hack I played of IX.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I can't believe you're playing a romhack before playing the original. And the game asks if you want to wait for Shadow, it's your fault for doubting him and leaving him to die. It would have been a design flaw if you needed to get to the airship with a set amount of time left on the clock, but since you just need to run the timer down to a dramatic finish I don't think it's bad at all. "Should we wait for Shadow?" "gently caress no, ninja's cramping my style and slowing me down. [five hours later] I regret my words and deeds."

I tried playing the original three times. I just find it way too easy and boring.

And I thought to save Shadow I had to actually do something. I've never played a game where the answer to save someone is to do nothing.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 22, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

There are two phases to his fight. First phase he does Flare, Magnitude, (Earth attack) Quartr (reduces everyone to 1/4 HP) and maybe some other stuff. Also Purge, which dispels all your buffs. He's not too bad once you get Slow on him. Halfway through the fight though his power level rises, he gets insta-Haste, Shell and Protect and he casts Flare Star. He'll now start to use moves like Roze which is some attack Runic can't absorb and which does decent damage + Poison. He also has Mind Blast which puts random status effects on your entire party. Oh and Glare, which Stones one character. Getting rid of that Haste is Priority #1 but e will rebuff himself one more time before teh fight is over.

What was really killing me was Mind Blast's random status ailments. Combined with AW's Haste, the wrong status ailments on the wrong character will get you swarmed and destroyed before you can debuff him to make him somewhat manageable. Oh and he has permanent Regen and recovers about 240 HP a pop so if you get stuck in a healing loop, you're screwed in two different ways.

I didn't want to sacrifice stats for status protection but I ended up caving. That's when I actually won. I noticed what effects Mind Blast usually left on which character and made sure they were protected from it.

But yeah, random status effects attacks on the whole party just seem to be my Kryptonite. I have no idea if Grand Cross in vanilla FFIX does this but in the mods I've played of IX, Grand Cross has the potential to hit everyone with everything. I never even managed to beat Necron in the last hack I played of IX.

That's pretty much my experience fighting Atma Weapon. My winning attempt took 30 or so minutes to take down. Not one of my favorite fights.

Also Raze is a Blue Magic spell Strago can learn, and it's one of his better Lores.

LawfulWaffle posted:

And the game asks if you want to wait for Shadow, it's your fault for doubting him and leaving him to die.

It only mentions Shadow if you decline to leave the first time and try to leave again. The first time the option is simply "Wait!"

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Also Raze is a Blue Magic spell Strago can learn, and it's one of his better Lores.

I guess I should have brought him then. But you said he's slow and I was already feeling the pain of Cyan's slowness so hard in that fight.

I've always heard Cyan is absolutely the worst character in VI. This is vanilla obviously but apparently it's due to the fact FFVI is all about magic and speed and Cyan is garbo in both.

And that touches on a point I hadn't considered until it was actually brought to my attention. I mentioned that prior to this BNW run, the furthest I've ever gotten in VI is Setzer joining the party. That's, what, 10 hours into the game on a first playthrough? And you've had access to Espers for maybe an hour? 10 hours of spamming Tools.

So it's like, for all the poo poo people give FFXIII, FFVI was hiding away its core mechanic for a pretty loving long time, too. You got your typical Classes but then sudenly, everyone can be a magic badass provided you are willing to wait and wait and wait. (which some crazy people hate so much that they avoid leveling until Zozo because I guess you only get the most out of stat gains when you have Espers)

Don't get me wrong, I adore the diversity of playstyles in this game. By contrast, over the years it's become harder to play FFVII because everyone is the goddam same. But apparently in VI, everyone can basically be made the same anyway and their unique abilities mean a lot less.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 22, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Harrow posted:

At least the HP, Battle Lore, and Magick Lore licenses are stat increases.

I'm not about to defend the license board, though. I don't hate it, but I don't think it was ever a particularly satisfying method of character progression in either its original or Zodiac form. I do like the Esper assigning aspect, at least.

Even though it's been years I occasionally find myself thinking it is like the old boards where every character had an option to get every item, spell, tech, etc and trying to set up overly redundant, copy-paste gambits on all characters. I remember not really "getting" the gambits when vanilla-12 came out, and now I can quickly rectify my mistakes, or I know when to shut certain ones off (mob with reflect for example).

Right now my ninja breaker Vaan has no healing or magical responsibilities which is both helpful and a slight hinderance, while my Uhlan time mage Balthier just got access to mid level -a spells. And even though blm/mnk Ashe has cure, I am at a point where it has become useless. I am not even to Archades yet.

For some reason I hate using items and rarely macro them in other than for oil/sleep/confuse because i can never remember who has what level of remedy lore...

There are parts of this game I have such vibrant memories of, and other parts I flat out to not remember at all.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Dumb question:

Best sources for comparing job combinations?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

Dumb question:

Best sources for comparing job combinations?

You could ask here if you want, or there's a megathread that I created on Reddit where a lot of people have been swapping advice: https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasyXII/comments/6mm06s/how_about_a_team_composition_megathread/

In general don't worry about it much, though. In IZJS, you could only have one job per character; that means that, no matter what you do, you're going to be stronger in Zodiac Age than you ever could in IZJS. And if you do want some advice, it's probably worth knowing ahead of time whether you want optimization, whether you want to use all twelve jobs, or whether you just want to know if a combination will be redundant or something.

beergod posted:

Yeah, probably about a third of the way through the game they'll stop taking off half a boss's HP bar, and by about halfway and onward they're only really good for trying to race to finish off a boss or a hunt mark before it goes berserk or puts up a paling. They stay useful for most of the game, but they stop trivializing things.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The ability to keep things you get in Trial Mode in Zodiac Age is loving hilarious if you want to grind without gaining levels. You get tons of LP, so if you want lots of LP without getting EXP, Trial Mode is where it's at.

But because you get tons of LP, there's also a trick to get a stupid amount of gil that I'll put in spoilers so new players have a chance to not know about what's basically a super-fast money exploit: Once you can buy Cat-ear Hoods, get six of them. If you can even buy one, it'll let you get a good start on getting all six. If a character wears a Cat-ear Hood, any LP they gain is converted into gil, at a rate of 5xLevel gil per LP. Some of the Trial Mode stages give like 30 LP for quickly murdering an early-game boss. You do the math at how quickly that adds up. At level 28, for example, running Trial Mode levels 1-15 got me 200k gil in about 3 minutes at 4x speed.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NikkolasKing posted:

Don't get me wrong, I adore the diversity of playstyles in this game. By contrast, over the years it's become harder to play FFVII because everyone is the goddam same. But apparently in VI, everyone can basically be made the same anyway and their unique abilities mean a lot less.

See, VI does it in a kind of clever way. The first half of the game restricts your party line-up and has you rely on party member unique abilities. All the way up to the Floating Continent, you only have a few Espers and you'll still be using Edgar's Tools or Sabin's Blitzes and all that.

It's after the World of Ruin that the party starts to become more homogenous, and it's because you start drawing more power from Magicite. It's almost thematic -- as you become more godlike powerful, you lose need for the unique, human things you'd relied upon so much in your former existence. It suggests the true power of Magicite, and the true cost. And in pure mechanics, it makes the act of creating a foursome of super-powered magic slinging mega characters a triumphant and climactic act from a player's standpoint, since you are now essentially taking control back from the game and freely breaking it one boss at a time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My favorite way to play FF6 is to limit who can use which Esper. It doesn't make the game harder, so I wouldn't call it a "challenge" playthrough, but it makes each character specialized and that makes things more interesting for me.

Last time I did it, I split the Espers into tiers, with tier 1 Espers able to be attuned to up to three people, tier 2 Espers can be used by up to two characters, and tier 3 Espers could only ever be used by one character. That basically meant that I could spread around the low-level Espers pretty decently, but the higher-level Espers (and their more exclusive spells) would be available to only a few characters. The reason I did that instead of a no-Esper run was just because I like Esper stat boosts, so I still wanted characters like Cyan, Locke, and Sabin to be able to boost their stats by leveling with Espers. But I could still sort of make them specialists, which was fun, and the lack of strong late-game attack spells (pretty much only Relm, Terra, and Celes had any decent late-game attack magic) meant that I ended up using Tools, Blitzes, Lores, and all the other character-specific things right up through the final boss. It was a good time.

I mostly went for thematic choices for who could use which Esper. Despite his physical attack specialization, for example, Locke could use Phoenix, because c'mon. I think Terra was the only one who could use Tritoch/Valigarmanda (depending on the translation).

Mega64
May 23, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

See, VI does it in a kind of clever way. The first half of the game restricts your party line-up and has you rely on party member unique abilities. All the way up to the Floating Continent, you only have a few Espers and you'll still be using Edgar's Tools or Sabin's Blitzes and all that.

It's after the World of Ruin that the party starts to become more homogenous, and it's because you start drawing more power from Magicite. It's almost thematic -- as you become more godlike powerful, you lose need for the unique, human things you'd relied upon so much in your former existence. It suggests the true power of Magicite, and the true cost. And in pure mechanics, it makes the act of creating a foursome of super-powered magic slinging mega characters a triumphant and climactic act from a player's standpoint, since you are now essentially taking control back from the game and freely breaking it one boss at a time.

That's a pretty cool way to look at it. Don't know how intentional it is, but I could see it being an intentional implementation by Square since they did a lot of interlocking theme/gameplay stuff like that in FF4.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The fun thing about Sabin's Blitzes is that they never lose their luster, even through to the end of the game, so long as you remember they scale with Magic and not his physical attack. Give him some Earrings and cut him loose, he'll kick a ton of rear end and never need to spend MP to do it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is there a list anywhere of what I can steal in Trial Mode?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

NikkolasKing posted:

Also I forgot to mention that "The Decisive Battle" is an amazing normal boss theme.

Hell yeah buddy. That was my favorite FFVI song before I got to the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgjzf2wfUWQ

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

I dont know what this hack changes, so maybe this is no longer true, but Relm is one of the best characters in the normal game since she has the highest natural magic stat

Strago is just kinda there tho yeah, blue magic isn't bad but it's also not really necessary when you have two other variations on it in Gao and Relm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I liked the elder wyrm fight because there was really no reason for it. You're just on your way to a holy mountain and oh, hey, there's a forest rock dragon here. Better fight it.