Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Ekster posted:

also internet nihilism is cool and good

lol if u became nihilist on the internet
lmao if u only nihilist on the internet

nihilism is my fukken religion and i even run our services sometimes lol

the chancellor of shadows smiles upon me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hahahah
https://twitter.com/octonion/status/888796242586722304

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
basically if they pass it as is its loving hilarious

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

When will Hollywood give us what we really want, genderswapped Thelma and Louise?

Two average white guys racing against time and the state, the man relentlessly on the scent as they search for a haven where someone will be sympathetic to their plight.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dodnal trump brain is gerber food m8

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

basically if they pass it as is its loving hilarious

who said mitch played by the rules

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ekster posted:

ehn w/e

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

blowing up the abortion and planner parenthood stuff, even if it somehow gets through the senate, kills it in the house.

You are probably right but that it has stayed alive for this long still makes me nervous.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

holy god hes too stupid to even know the difference between health insurance and life insurance :sad:
i wish our president was smarter than a fifth grader, any fifth grader

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ekster posted:

whatever...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the reason Topher is panicking now is that his plan to keep the Democrats in the center and away from single payer requires that moderate Republicans defeat this bill and then work with Democrats on (preferable his) compromise proposal to keep Obamacare afloat

if instead the Republican bill is defeated from the right, which is more likely now thanks to the Byrd rule, his plan no longer works and Democrats are more likely to hew left, so he's begging you to call Capito and Murkowski to stop this

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Vertical Lime posted:

who said mitch played by the rules

he could blow up the parliamentarian's ruling, but it basically enshrines 50 votes for anything via reconciliation. i'm not sure that's a bet mitch is comfortable making as of this juncture, but he could :shrug:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

amazon Washington post?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

When will Hollywood give us what we really want, genderswapped Thelma and Louise?

Two average white guys racing against time and the state, the man relentlessly on the scent as they search for a haven where someone will be sympathetic to their plight.

because men being the victims of domestic abuse is seen as a joke in this society

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

You are probably right but that it has stayed alive for this long still makes me nervous.

this is the republicans raison d'etre for the past 7 years.

I actually agree that they may be in serious serious trouble with both their base and donor class if this falls apart.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

I've been waiting for this and it's pretty weak. Compare it to the strength behind the Megyn Kelly attack and it's night and day.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

That DICK! posted:

amazon Washington post?

Jefferson Beauregard Bezos owns WaPo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Joementum posted:

the reason Topher is panicking now is that his plan to keep the Democrats in the center and away from single payer requires that moderate Republicans defeat this bill and then work with Democrats on (preferable his) compromise proposal to keep Obamacare afloat

if instead the Republican bill is defeated from the right, which is more likely now thanks to the Byrd rule, his plan no longer works and Democrats are more likely to hew left, so he's begging you to call Capito and Murkowski to stop this

~*extremely c-spam voice*~ guillotine the centrists

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

whatever...

much like your posting Lucky Goldstar :thumbsup:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"that played well during the election, but now we don't care"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

because men being the victims of domestic abuse is seen as a joke in this society

while I do agree I don't think it's going to end the way you want if the subject is breached

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

if mcconnell doesn't override the parliamentarian [which he probably won't tbh], brca is completely and totally dead.

What about straight repeal, though, does that need 60 or 50 votes?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

~*extremely c-spam voice*~ guillotine the centrists

well obv the machine will work much better with their neck right in the center of the two rails ;)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

sure, so do something about it :hai:

It's not about a dick measuring contest over who's the most socially conscious, it's about keeping in mind that lol nothing matters is a relative truth, not an absolute one

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

gently caress off with your bullshit

im this close to livin in the street already and this poo poo is funny as hell

if you cant see that take off your deesy glasses and look at the world as it truly is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXL3V-5SzcI

There's nothing wrong with laughing at the fat orange idiot baby president! The whole situation is beyond parody. But if you really don't think that a lot of the people wanting to burn the system down and laugh when people care that government program ________ gets gutted are a bunch of ennui-driven kids with no sense of consequence, I dunno what to tell ya.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

sullat posted:

What about straight repeal, though, does that need 60 or 50 votes?

depends on what u mean by straight repeal

they can repeal all funding with 50 votes, repealing the regulations takes 60.

Regs without funding is literally "welp bye bye american health care system it was good to know you"

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

while I do agree I don't think it's going to end the way you want if the subject is breached

end the way i want? that bitch moved to georgia an i aint seen her in years :unsmith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

much like your posting Lucky Goldstar :thumbsup:

turn on ur signatures

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

it amuses me to no end that in this hyper partisan climate bills to make sure trump can't lift russia sanctions get 98-2

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

well obv the machine will work much better with their neck right in the center of the two rails ;)

centrist necks are known to be weaker and have squishy connective tissue making them very susceptible to guillotinin'

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

end the way i want? that bitch moved to georgia an i aint seen her in years :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc8bQoL-J0

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

That DICK! posted:

"that played well during the election, but now we don't care"

you're going to have to define "we" because i promise a lot of dumb people still care

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ekster posted:

it amuses me to no end that in this hyper partisan climate bills to make sure trump can't lift russia sanctions get 98-2

Can't wait for him to veto it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

TBeats posted:

you're going to have to define "we" because i promise a lot of dumb people still care

it's a quote from the president
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/309793-trump-on-lock-her-up-calls-now-we-dont-care

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Schnorkles posted:

guillotine the centrists

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

overriding a trump veto is the kind of thing that would drive him absolutely loving insane

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i was under the impression the administration actually got most of what it wanted in the version in the house rn, but i'm not sure if that's changed as of today

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

turn on ur signatures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noyFiYKlFJU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

life doesn't stop being funny just because the dead can't laugh

i laugh

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It is good to care about the people who are suffering, and bad to want things to get worse for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

r u dead, turdfuzz? :ohdear:

• Locked thread