Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Citizen Tayne posted:

Andy's Mom's favorite two toys are also named Woody and Buzz

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

zen death robot posted:

Taken 4 (stylized T4ken) coming to a theater near you soon

Liam Neeson kidnaps himself, forcing him to be enact a daring, action-packed thrill ride in order to rescue himself from himself

In the final scene he holds a knife to his throats while pointing a gun at his head. Thanks to his quick reflexes he fires just in time to stop him from spitting his throat, planting a bullet square in his forehead, killing him.

Fade to black.

The End...?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

where were you the day that steve jobs died

~in remembrance~

steve jobs' death had the little problem of being funny as hell

lets cure cancer with fruit

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

David Bowie collaborated with Brian Eno when he reached middle age and reached his artistic zenith so that's ok for a person over 30

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I was super late to work on 9/11 and even then I just spent the day on IRC and loving off on the forums. Job paid like poo poo anyways

came in at the normal time and tried to work with military helicopters buzzing around our office building

did not succeed

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

zen death robot posted:

Go ask this in YOSPOS and you'll get sincere answers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bowie in Labyrinth is peak culture

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Yinlock posted:

steve jobs' death had the little problem of being funny as hell

lets cure cancer with fruit

I remember when Ashton kutcher did that biopic he put himself on that insane fruit diet but had to stop because he ended up loving up his pancreas

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I faked being sick so I could stay home and play WWF SMACKDOWN 2 KNOW YOUR ROLE on 9/11

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

MariusLecter posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/888861492300451841

Yeesh
He's like that disfigured guy from Hannibal

:gary:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Bowie in Labyrinth is peak culture

In the eighties we made a children's movie where a man's dick was clearly visible for half the film

Apr 7, 2003

Charles Bronson is from Johnstown, PA, where my wife grew up.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

I faked being sick so I could stay home and play WWF SMACKDOWN 2 KNOW YOUR ROLE on 9/11

it was a more innocent time

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

MariusLecter posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/888861492300451841

Yeesh
He's like that disfigured guy from Hannibal

Hot diggity dog

GOP wants some juicy gossip to read

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I want to start a charity that just gives poor people a hundred bucks and a Sam's club card

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I used to buy the its the boomers fault thing, but its not. people suck poo poo and there are just as many terrible millenials, or close to as many as makes no difference

for example: pepe the frog the alt right phenomenon

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I woke up at 3pm on 911 and got pissed some government press conference preempted afternoon simpsons reruns

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Wolfsheim posted:

where were you the day that steve jobs died

~in remembrance~

wanna see this opera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IuI9z3LUIM

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Go ask this in YOSPOS and you'll get sincere answers

yospos has a good stylesheet imo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

reminder that there are first and second gen millennials and that it is not one big lump group

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

eonwe posted:

I used to buy the its the boomers fault thing, but its not. people suck poo poo and there are just as many terrible millenials, or close to as many as makes no difference

boomers still bad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3s-qZsjK8I

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
people mock neeson for being too old to be in so many action films when really they should concentrate on his atrocious accent in Rob Roy imo

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Boomers oversaw the greatest transfer of wealth upwards in modern history and sold their children's futures for timeshares and condos

Apr 7, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

Boomers oversaw the greatest transfer of wealth upwards in modern history and sold their children's futures for timeshares and condos

Apr 7, 2003

They took every system they benefitted from and shitcanned it as soon as it came time to pay the mortgage on it.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Thought Exercise: how successful do you think the alt right movement would be if millenials weren't depressed due to miserable economic conditions

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
you should use those outstandingly hot takes to power the galley behind your local meals on wheels programme, cit. tayne

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Don't forget being basically the shittiest undisciplined soldiers in US military history.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thought Exercise: how successful do you think the alt right movement would be if millenials weren't depressed due to miserable economic conditions

that just means that millenials are just as stupid as boomers wrt to blaming the wrong groups for their problems

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

Don't forget being basically the shittiest undisciplined soldiers in US military history.
oh come on the desertion rate in the 1812 war and civil war was like 1/8 not even including the people who paid someone else to show up

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!
i got woken up by my landlord's son saying that something big just happened in NY on 9/11, then was relieved it wasn't a nuke because i had read an article on salon about how terrorists could easily nuke new york a few months before

that little bit of irony was a good prelude to the next decade

Apr 7, 2003

Not very, alt righters know their lives are stunted and they're loving angry about it, they just choose the wrong targets.

jBrereton posted:

you should use those outstandingly hot takes to power the galley behind your local meals on wheels programme, cit. tayne

There's nothing hot about those takes, they're all easily documented. Boomers taking college classes in the California State University system around 1980 were paying like $8 a credit hour in 1980 dollars. In 2016, I paid over $10K in a local community college for an associate's degree at a current rate of $104.75 per credit hour. Boomers graduated and then cut off state support for higher education to save money on their taxes.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Trump!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

eonwe posted:

It's the assertion of resource extraction companies and states

our reality is adjusting to the current economically significant powers

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Boomers keeping wages artifically low so they could build gaudy mcmansions out in the sticks, only to become furious that nobody wants their tacky 5br in Shitlick County for $2.5m when it's time to retire will never not be funny

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/887814418624630784

lmbo gimme some mcnuggets

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

There's nothing hot about those takes, they're all easily documented.
ya, I don't think many people esp young people will dispute those things is what I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot

Reality Winner posted:

I woke up at 3pm on 911 and got pissed some government press conference preempted afternoon simpsons reruns

this was me but with reagan's funeral in 04

• Locked thread