Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my firend code is sw-4851-8533-2318 plz add me Plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ranking up in Ranked Mode seems impossible

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

ranking up in Ranked Mode seems impossible

thanks to street fighter 5 i have transcended ranking up and now i RiseUp #RiseUp

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

man all i got from the squid girl amiibo was the hairclip.bullhit!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I guess ranked will chill out as the S-rank squid kings sort themselves out over the next week

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
cant wait to have enough money to afford this in three months when everyone's stopped playing

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
This games sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

This games sick

I lost like 2 days in a flash playing it non stop

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

we've got 3 imps at b- for league mode. need a number 4

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got this and have been playing like mad, but I can't play with imps until a few days from now. Looking forward to splattin with the bros tho.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't stop splatting

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

yeah actually they will posted:

cant wait to have enough money to afford this in three months when everyone's stopped playing

There's not that many games on Switch that will take away this playerbase I think, Splatoon 1 had a lot of players and that was on the Wii U lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I played a bunch of games with the inkbrush and it's extremely fun alternating between racing around and mashing the trigger like crazy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I played a bunch of games with the inkbrush and it's extremely fun alternating between racing around and mashing the trigger like crazy

Brush seems fun but I could never get used to the tiny path they leave

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's cool that they're adding a billion different weapon styles for people to play around with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only new weapon types they've announced or added are the dual wield and the umbrella shotgun. I wouldn't mind more but there's already like 8 types to choose from anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should make it so the enemy team can see your Booyah spam if you're right near their corpse like the Halo positional audio that let you trash talk people for 5 seconds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shouts out to inkwolf and my main man LoudTrout

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Does the bucket suck or do I just suck with it? Been getting my tentacles tied in knots today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I main buckets and they definitely don't suck, I think the tri slosher is the most used weapon in league mode

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Does the bucket suck or do I just suck with it? Been getting my tentacles tied in knots today

In Training was just working me over with it, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

In Training was just working me over with it, lol

not as bad as these guys

although the only reason it's that is that Pat motherfucker who didn't understand how to win. We had the rainmaker at the point in like 45 seconds and then he just took it and started running back to our own base and the game laste another 4 minutes. Piece of poo poo! gently caress you! 8 year old dumbass!!!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I main buckets and they definitely don't suck, I think the tri slosher is the most used weapon in league mode

Okay, in that case I'm going with the alternate theory that everyone who's been on my team today is a worthless dumbass

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
When i was using the bucket on pump track, i would bee line for the middle and essentially you can never lose it just shooting everywhere and firing bombs over the wall at the enemy side. I never used the bucket in 1, but it's very good.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

You get little medals for perfecting the soundtrack mode. So much to do and so little time.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Can someone give me as many tips for the tower control mode as possible

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I think my time spent playing this so far has been 10% singleplayer, 10% multiplayer, 80% salmon run

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think my time spent playing this so far has been 10% singleplayer, 10% multiplayer, 80% salmon run

salmon run is so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

It's the most chaotic mode. Some general tips is that, inking it doesn't claim the tower, you just need somebody to stand on it. If you hop on it and then hop off, it will continue forward without you on it for a few seconds. You'll hear a beeping, so a good strat if you're about to be under attack is to jump off get some distance and kill the other team. Also, having multiple people on the tower doesn't do anything except make your team an easier target. Also it's the mode im worst at, it can be really hard

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

ride the tower until it reaches the end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

It's the most chaotic mode. Some general tips is that, inking it doesn't claim the tower, you just need somebody to stand on it. If you hop on it and then hop off, it will continue forward without you on it for a few seconds. You'll hear a beeping, so a good strat if you're about to be under attack is to jump off get some distance and kill the other team. Also, having multiple people on the tower doesn't do anything except make your team an easier target. Also it's the mode im worst at, it can be really hard

having more people on the tower made it go faster in spaltoon 1. bye

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

science motherbitch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

having more people on the tower made it go faster in spaltoon 1. bye

It's like a tiny boost and never really worth it unless the other team is completely wiped imo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

It's like a tiny boost and never really worth it unless the other team is completely wiped imo

mmm, let me check who was the s ranked splatooner and defer to that person

/me digs under a bunch of cat liter and finds the wii u

ah, it was me.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

mmm, let me check who was the s ranked splatooner and defer to that person

/me digs under a bunch of cat liter and finds the wii u

ah, it was me.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good god

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what's salmon run in the menu it sounddd like a local multi only thing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

what's salmon run in the menu it sounddd like a local multi only thing

its to the left of the main multiplayer lobby. its only available at certain time tho i think. u can play with randos or with pals, or pals and randos.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

salmon run ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like getting my daily super bonus

• Locked thread