Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Illuyankas posted:

Pros:
Metal legs

Cons:
rust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'll forgive her SJWness If she kills Taimi and Braham off

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Sole.Sushi posted:

Misogynists and racists rarely use logic.

Now I'll have you know that I

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Well is the stuff she's written in the past any good?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

BexGu posted:

White human female is meta so she should fit right in. BTW #Magswag going for T4!

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

BexGu posted:

She seems to mostly have worked as an editor (which is what she's hired on as at ANet), and none of the Reddit detectives managed to find anything she's done to get mad about besides her Twitter feed before the thread got locked.

Maybe we'll get some more random filler NPCs who happen to be gay, but I can't see a new hire coming in and dramatically changing the whole writing style.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Logan is going to gently caress Trahearne's corpse

Fratstar_Eatpuss
May 29, 2010

okay so for the past day and a half i've been doing some map completion and other poo poo and I'm level 26, I want to start crafting to level whats the 2 easiest craft profs to do that with

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Hawg11 posted:

okay so for the past day and a half i've been doing some map completion and other poo poo and I'm level 26, I want to start crafting to level whats the 2 easiest craft profs to do that with

Don't bother with it until you are max level. Cooking is probably the easiest to start?

http://gw2crafts.net

E: oh I misread that but it's probably still cooking

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

Hawg11 posted:

Scribe.

But really cooking, and jewelcrafting.
Guides here.
http://gw2crafts.net/total.html

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
Something else to keep in mind, is how much of the end game do you want to explore? If you want to do Fractals, it's going to be more expensive, but investing in the crafting profession(s) that can make your armor and/or weapons might be useful in the long run. Unfortunately, due to their price (especially if you want to go to crafting level 500 instead of 400) it's more of a long term goal, but it's also completely optional.

For leveling however, cooking and jewelcrafting are going to be the cheapest probably forever and the best for that purpose, as everyone else suggested.

Also quick note about GW2crafts, I think they give you a warning on the website, but I'm a colorblind autistic child and didn't realize this the first few times I used it:
Do Not Refresh The Page Once You Start. :frogsiren:
The guide constantly updates itself so if you do it may drastically change your shopping list halfway through.

SkullMuffinz fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 22, 2017

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

CLAM DOWN posted:

Logan is going to bromance Trahearne's corpse

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Adhesive Gamin posted:

She seems to mostly have worked as an editor (which is what she's hired on as at ANet), and none of the Reddit detectives managed to find anything she's done to get mad about besides her Twitter feed before the thread got locked.

Maybe we'll get some more random filler NPCs who happen to be gay, but I can't see a new hire coming in and dramatically changing the whole writing style.

But will she... I guess what I mean to say is... What I'm trying to say is... But... But will she insert comically overwrought, awkward pauses in the middle of... of every sentence of... of dialogue?

That was a hallmark of Living Story Season 3 for me.

What I"m saying is, I am very concerned about this newfangled "writer" coming in and ruining the sanctity of the current storytelling.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Logan is going to gently caress Trahearne's corpse

From this union will come Trahearne 2 The tagline will be:

quote:

Have you Traheard the news?

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

This is an unironically good reddit post with some great fashion inspiration:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6ourlr/it_took_me_4_years_but_i_finally_achieved_my/

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

GW2.jpg

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

TeaJay posted:

What the hell is mansplaining

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

You got some assplainin' to do!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
sorry

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it's a sin to tell a lie

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Who's ready for the expansion announcement last Living Story Season 3 episode?!?!?!

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

So Monday babby raid fell through today. Not enough dudes. :smith:

But there's good news too, apparently today is Maiddd/HouseKeep's birthday! :toot: So sometime around or after reset we might try to cobble together a group if people are willing to join. It's just for fun not try hard or anything so feel free to come along!

SkullMuffinz fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 24, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Working on a condi ranger setup so I can mess around with raiding, right now just have the reaper so I might see if you still need people and bring that if you are desperate enough. Or maybe a silly tempest in marauders gear.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

SkullMuffinz posted:

So Monday babby raid fell through today. Not enough dudes. :smith:

:( I'll be back next week! ....but then may have to miss the following week for a work trip.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

who else is hype af for tomorrow

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

What's tomorrow?

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

Does seriously considering taking tomorrow off count as hype af?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

lucifirius posted:

What's tomorrow?

tuesday

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

_____________/

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Oh thanks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

lucifirius posted:

Oh thanks.

The final LS3 episode, with a new zone that looks to be an extension of Orr to the south. And lots more Taimi conversations! (and closer to an expansion announcement).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a pretty decent chance of there being the actual expansion announcement happening at the end of this final chapter in the form of a cutscene, along with whatever else

dunno about a release date, though

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'm pretty sure there was a dev Q&A where they were aiming for roughly the same amount of time between Ep5 and Ep6 as between Ep6 and the new expansion, so I'd guess October/November release for PoF. Also, this would be just in time for the holiday shopping season.

Aug 24, 2011

joined sab group with the words "don't suck" in the title. this is a Good Sign because it means the commander is jaded enough to not want to deal with people, so the group will likely succeed

i'm the 10th member and i quickly discover they've already started the boss, so the instance kills me for not being in the boss area. i alt tab and wait patiently for them to wipe

instead they one-shot it with 9 people, i revive and discover that i was eligible for loot. however, a dragonhunter who disconnected but was otherwise present for the entire fight received absolutely nothing

that''s my guide to sabetha hope it helps

Aug 24, 2011

someone showed me a new raid game today for sabetha, it is called LAST MAN STANDING

first you take off all your armor so both your toughness and armour ratings are 1000

then you try to get everyone else killed. leaving the platform is not permitted but everything else is fair game

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

where the red fern gropes posted:

someone showed me a new raid game today for sabetha, it is called LAST MAN STANDING

first you take off all your armor so both your toughness and armour ratings are 1000

then you try to get everyone else killed. leaving the platform is not permitted but everything else is fair game

That sounds amazing.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
What time do these releases usually happen?

Aug 24, 2011

~4 hours from this post

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Magres posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a dev Q&A where they were aiming for roughly the same amount of time between Ep5 and Ep6 as between Ep6 and the new expansion, so I'd guess October/November release for PoF. Also, this would be just in time for the holiday shopping season.

The most recent Q&A said that was the plan but they underestimated the time to put the expansion together and it would take longer than the regular time frame. If we see it this year it'll be late November- Mid December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I expect you all to post about it to keep me filled in while I fulfill my life goal to be a wagecuck

• Locked thread