Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I hope Pence gets some electroshock gay conversion therapy device named after him after he pardons Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

trump should literally pretend to have cancer, and watch his approval ratings soar as news outlets run editorials about how cancer is something both sides of the aisle can come together on or some poo poo

That's a dangerous gambit. He might hear about his cancer on Fox News and genuinely forget that he was lying about the cancer.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

that's sessions son and he held that face for like 6 seconds lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reality Winner posted:

The midwest is in the eastern half of the country makes u think :thunk:

its because it got that name before the us actually stretched from sea to sea.

Oklahoma is in an odd spot demographically and climate/environment wise. It's a mixmash of southwest, the deep south, and midwest culture with a heft dollop of native american influence.

In the north half of the country you have new england, atlantic coast, midwest, mountain west, pacific coast.

In the south you have south, texas, southwest.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Citizen Tayne posted:

He announced his campaign in Philadelphia, MS, which is known for the murder of three civil rights activists in the sixties, two Jews and an african american.

He opened with how his campaign meant "morning in America."

This wasn't a coincidence.

trump 2016: it's mourning in america lmebo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bethamphetamine posted:

That's a dangerous gambit. He might hear about his cancer on Fox News and genuinely forget that he was lying about the cancer.

what if he actually got cancer, i feel like that would solve all the problems

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Actually it's pretty amazing that Trumps problems all got started with Franken's question to Sessions which wasn't even answered properly. That led to Sessions having to recuse himself and from then he couldn't control the investigation, which led to Comey being fired which led to Mueller being appointed.

The weird part is that Franken asked what Sessions would do if he found that someone was colliding with Russia. Sessions answered that he himself never met with the Russians. Which was the basis of the perjury and recusal.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

The weird part is that Franken asked what Sessions would do if he found that someone was colliding with Russia. Sessions answered that he himself never met with the Russians. Which was the basis of the perjury and recusal.

seems like a strange answer to that question

"what would you do if someone was colluding with russia"

" I WASN'T COLLUDING"

"that uh wasn't the question"

"HOW DARE YOU IMPLY I MET THE RUSSIANS SEVERAL TIMES JUST YESTERDAY"

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

When Trump fires Mueller and pardons himself and his family, and when the GOP does nothing, are we just going to live our lives like "guess this is the new normal"

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Vladimir Putin posted:

Actually it's pretty amazing that Trumps problems all got started with Franken's question to Sessions which wasn't even answered properly. That led to Sessions having to recuse himself and from then he couldn't control the investigation, which led to Comey being fired which led to Mueller being appointed.

The price of playing fixed games your whole life is a lovely poker face

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Crashing that many planes and surviving is pretty amazing

Thanks for nothing, Satan

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Thoatse posted:

Also the price of being dumb is that you say and do dumb things.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse posted:

Probably yeah

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

MAGA Warlord posted:

When Trump fires Mueller and pardons himself and his family, and when the GOP does nothing, are we just going to live our lives like "guess this is the new normal"

Don't want to do a slippery slope argument, but if he is able to pardon himself and his family, how does this not lead to them committing crimes openly and just pardoning themselves constantly? Serious question.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

If you live somewhere you can light tap water on fire then yes.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Reality Winner posted:

The midwest is in the eastern half of the country makes u think :thunk:

it's the same reason northwestern is around chicago

it's based on geography from 200 years ago

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/dankmtl/status/888888166177964033

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Uncle Wemus posted:

how is mooch real he seems like a cartoon character

simulation runners decided to really crank the dials on this latest character

they're experimenting

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

Only the Pope should decide this.

it was God's will heathen.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

Don't want to do a slippery slope argument, but if he is able to pardon himself and his family, how does this not lead to them committing crimes openly and just pardoning themselves constantly? Serious question.

serious answer: threat of impeachment and political fallout

so nothing

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

https://twitter.com/maimecat/status/888165904466444288

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Our dumb country

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Now I'm reading analyses saying that it might be possible to indict him for crimes without impeachment so I'm again confused about what impeachment even means, same as back in the Clinton days when I learned it didn't mean removal from office.

Samurai Sanders has issued a correction as of 01:21 on Jul 23, 2017

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Blackchamber posted:

I agree with that. That's why I think that technically he can pardon himself. But realistically I think if he did even his supporters wouldn't even be OK with it. I mean theoretically that would mean he could stab someone on live TV and then be like I pardon myself.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

actually those dots are earthquakes

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Oklahoma isn't the Midwest but it still sucks

I wasn't sure of that myself, so I read a dumb fivethirtyeight article about it. They found that it's a gray area Nate is never wrong.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vladimir Putin posted:

I agree with that. That's why I think that technically he can pardon himself. But realistically I think if he did even his supporters wouldn't even be OK with it. I mean theoretically that would mean he could stab someone on live TV and then be like I pardon myself.
So what's stopping him is...decorum?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Epic High Five posted:

actually those dots are earthquakes

realy??????????

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He can only pardon himself from federal charges IIRC, which means that he can't just run around doing crimes because odds are he'd trip some state law while also commuting the federal one (colluding to help the Russians tamper with state voter rolls, for example)

Vladimir Putin posted:

lol his base would absolutely be okay with it, do you even know any CHUDs?

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

If Trump lost in 2020 and he said "nah not leaving" do we think the GOP would do anything?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MAGA Warlord posted:

If Trump lost in 2020 and he said "nah not leaving" do we think the GOP would do anything?

100% they would not

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

crazy cloud posted:

universe simulator is running low on memory and sputtering out gibberish

I'm still stuck lately on the orange man ignoring all norms and expectations of shame or decency being named a synonym for overrule, tbh, doesn't get enough lols

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MAGA Warlord posted:

ideally a couple of blue states declare the constitution a dead letter and secede

what will probably happen: nothing

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Remember when he oversaw a major part of his party's transformation into another American bund and did nothing

excuse you

he expressed reservations

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I heard a wild rumour that TRUMP is shredded, and that TRUMP has a six pack

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MAGA Warlord posted:

Back when I thought he was going to lose the election I wondered what would happen if he just said "nah" too. I guess at least that has good historical precedent all around the world.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MAGA Warlord posted:

seeing that trump (and then the GOP two days later) will declare the election illegitimate, no

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Buttsack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ScrubLeague posted:

22 million babys will lose insurance under trumps bill

serves them right