Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
While it's always funny to see a company massively fuckup , if this hurts Pokémon go long term that sucks. Also, sorry goons who were able to attend and had to suffer through it. In general, anyone going to an event should expect to get somewhat what they pay for it.

I'm hoping it forces Niantic to do a bunch of events in a row as an apology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Legendary raids apparently have started popping up in Australia and San Francisco?

https://i.redd.it/2d5ezmy6i8bz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Nhthi8j.png

Linked because images are huge.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I bet they aren't in Chicago...!

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Legendary raids are definitely happening in the Bay Area. People are posting in the discord and coordinating already.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
So do we get the challenge bonuses or are those not happening now

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Can confirm. Just captured an Articuno in Alameda!

Edit:

SirBukkake fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 23, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I'm seeing reports of Articuno and Lugia around the area. Gonna try to get Lugia here shortly.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Wait what? Are the raids going on past the time that they normally do?

edit- Oh, duh, timezones. That's really stupid.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

GonSmithe posted:

Wait what? Are the raids going on past the time that they normally do?

edit- Oh, duh, timezones. That's really stupid.

lol of course central and east folks are hosed. Oh well, they'll be there tomorrow.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'll probably have to wait a day or two for a shot at them since the level 40 people that I'd be leeching off of all seemed to be getting owned in Chicago today, plus I'm in the wrong time zone

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Wait I thought legendary raids were going to have long timers? 48hrs I thought it was.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Soarer posted:

Wait I thought legendary raids were going to have long timers? 48hrs I thought it was.
Nope, they're just spawning at gyms right now.

SyRauk posted:

lol of course central and east folks are hosed. Oh well, they'll be there tomorrow.

I have work tomorrow unfortunately.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Soarer posted:

I mean, this is Niantic we're talking about.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Bonuses are live.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Yeah just got 6 candy and 200 stardust from a pikachu, sweet

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Geoff Zahn posted:

Yeah just got 6 candy and 200 stardust from a pikachu, sweet

Are there any exp bonuses as well? I hope Niantic turned on all bonuses after the debacle of Pokemon Fyre Festival.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

What are the bonuses and how long do they last? I don't see anything about it anywhere.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My incubators are showing a x0.33 multiplier. I have several new 10km eggs, so this is good

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

:unsmith:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Never assume anything in the commercials they do is real or happens, except that I did have a Hoppip in my last raid. (Against Magmar)

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Looks like all the bonuses are live through Monday afternoon: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendaryrewards

quote:

As a result of all the hard work put in during Pokémon GO Fest, incredible in-game bonuses were unlocked for the entire Pokémon GO community. Also, thanks to the Trainers around the world who banded together to catch millions of Pokémon during the Challenge Windows, the following rewards will last until Monday, July 24, at 5:00 P.M. PDT:

Double Stardust
Double Candy
Double XP
Increased Pokémon encounters
Reduced hatching distance
Reduced buddy distance

These Trainers also played an integral role in revealing that Lugia would be the first Legendary Pokémon to enter the real world. In addition to Lugia, the number of Pokémon caught during Pokémon GO Fest by members of Team Instinct, Team Mystic, and Team Valor were tallied up, and, the winner was... Team Mystic! To celebrate this victory, Articuno will join Lugia in Raid Battles everywhere starting immediately. Don’t worry, Team Instinct and Team Valor, the Legendary Pokémon Zapdos and Moltres will also make their way into the real world soon, so stay tuned for more information.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dely Apple posted:

I bet they aren't in Chicago...!

there's a rumor that at 710 pm, right after the park closed, a legendary raid started. I want to believe

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Protip posted:

Looks like all the bonuses are live through Monday afternoon: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/legendaryrewards

Ugh, just through Monday is lame.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

mastershakeman posted:

there's a rumor that at 710 pm, right after the park closed, a legendary raid started. I want to believe

:niantic:

Edit: How is there not a :niantic:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Duckman2008 posted:

Ugh, just through Monday is lame.

Hey, can't make this game too fun to play, then people might actually play it!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Dely Apple posted:

:niantic:

Edit: How is there not a :niantic:

There is, it just doesn't work.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

endlessmonotony posted:

There is, it just doesn't work.

lmao

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

This is true but technically the raid was at the fountain next to the park and you didn't need to have a Go Fest activation to participate. And also these legendary raids are occurring all over the world

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Legendaries are live in seattle. Caught an articuno, missed out on a lugia. Oh well, tomorrow!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Psychobabble! posted:

Legendaries are live in seattle. Caught an articuno, missed out on a lugia. Oh well, tomorrow!

I snagged a Lugia in Shoreline by a golf course. Tons of people packed into a little corner off the highway. It was good times. My 6 tyranitars died (fucker had hydro pump), but I was able to hop back in to get it. Tons of time for legendaries.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
are legendaries good attackers? I don't know anything about them

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

seiferguy posted:

I snagged a Lugia in Shoreline by a golf course. Tons of people packed into a little corner off the highway. It was good times. My 6 tyranitars died (fucker had hydro pump), but I was able to hop back in to get it. Tons of time for legendaries.

We took down the articuno easy with 18 people who all ran to be there, and just barely killed a 42+k lugia with 12 people, though a lot of people were erroring out(PTC strikes again?). It got out of all of my balls, though :saddowns:.

My partner and I are planning to cruise cap hill and downtown tomorrow probably all day till he has to go to work and jump on any legendaries we see(both for him, he missed out on the articuno and his phone died on lugia). Should be fun times and in those neighborhoods, big groups are inevitable

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Psychobabble! posted:

We took down the articuno easy with 18 people who all ran to be there, and just barely killed a 42+k lugia with 12 people, though a lot of people were erroring out(PTC strikes again?). It got out of all of my balls, though :saddowns:.

My partner and I are planning to cruise cap hill and downtown tomorrow probably all day till he has to go to work and jump on any legendaries we see(both for him, he missed out on the articuno and his phone died on lugia). Should be fun times and in those neighborhoods, big groups are inevitable

Yeah, when all 6 of my pokemon died I tried to get back in, and when I did, my game crashed. Thankfully when the raid was done, I clicked the gym and got my reward. Can't be a Niantic experience without something crashing!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Did three legendary raids. All ran. At least I got some charge tms though!

And caught my first Tyranitar from a raid so I can't complain much. I do want the legendaries though....one day!

For now, time to mass transfer some Dratini and Mareep!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Went to my local gym to try out Lugia. Gym errors out as soon as the match starts. The Niantic experience :thumbsup:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

financially racist posted:

nah man look, people who paid hundreds if not thousands on plane tickets and likely hundreds in event tickets due to scalpers have no right to be mad. we must grovel at the feet of our corporate overlords no matter the scenario, getting mad at them just hurts their poor millionaire feelings and we don't want to make them feel bad.

Oh god, are the scalpers the one that get their money back on the ticket refunds too, not the people that bought the tickets from them?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
why the gently caress did legendary raids start after everyone went home

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Uh why is my Blissey walking distanced shortened to 1.7km for a candy and I'm getting double exp? I'm about to start my evolving sprees if this isn't some error they're about to fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Willsun posted:

Uh why is my Blissey walking distanced shortened to 1.7km for a candy and I'm getting double exp? I'm about to start my evolving sprees if this isn't some error they're about to fix.

It's part of the Pokemon Go live event. All this poo poo ends at 5pm PST Monday. So yeah, get a mass evolve in soon.

• Locked thread