Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wee Bairns posted:

Sorry I missed that. Anyone planning to hop on PS4 later this afternoon/tonight? If so, consider me down.

That's the first time I've ever played this game and just decided to go scorched earth on pubbies who hosed with us. We even had air cover.

I have highlights to post. :unsmigghh:

I'll probably be on at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Landed a blimp on the giant plane!

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
So the car-sourcing mission to fill your vehicle warehouse - the one where it's a car that's about to be used in a stunt jump. Every single time I've done one of these, as soon as the car leaves the ramp, it spins forward uncontrollably, landing on the roof causing a ton of damage. Pulling all the way back only ever-so-slightly slows it down, no where near enough to recover. Does this happen to anyone else? It's not supposed to be this way, is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M35RQ23wbU

On an unrelated note, this ghost-lady popped in and out of my office in less than a second. She wasn't invited. It creeped me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLdeQJnZMws

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Are you using a ps4 controller with motion control on?

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Nope, PC w/keyboard. Doesn't act like this anywhere else.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Ah. Vacuum the cheeto dust out of the keys.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Phweengee posted:

Nope, PC w/keyboard. Doesn't act like this anywhere else.
Any other controllers plugged in?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I dont even have a keypad, but doesnt driving w that simulate the analog stick so you can air-steer cars(and wheelies and such), or is that what youre trying and its just full-or-nothing?

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Yeah I use wasd for gas/steering and the number pad for leaning. There is a wireless usb controller plugged in, but the controller itself is turned off. It's worth trying again with the wireless nub thing completely unplugged, I guess. But yeah, no ideas what's causing it. It's not a huge issue as it seems to be isolated to this one thing. Driving/jumping/etc otherwise seems to work fine.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Goddamnit. Heists are still 4 player? Thought in the 2 years I was away they would have gotten around to making 2 man heists.

Guess it's time to apply to LLJK and get some crew member help. BIG BIG MONEY!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Are there still money hackers going around, or did Rockstar manage to put a lid on this? Just wondering, because I need money, and I've seen people using teleport hacks during races plenty.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Combat Pretzel posted:

Are there still money hackers going around, or did Rockstar manage to put a lid on this? Just wondering, because I need money, and I've seen people using teleport hacks during races plenty.

I haven't seen any money hackers, but I run into people spawning vehicles a LOT. One guy had piled tanks from one of the hill to the next. I see teleportation a bit. I'm not sure what rockstar is actually doing to combat them, but from casual observation I'd say it's not very effective.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

They're still around. Do some google, I know at the least there's a popular public discord server dedicated to organizing money drop lobbies. It's bursting at the seams with 12 year olds but it does work

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

$2,000 money bags are still out there too

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PadreScout posted:

Goddamnit. Heists are still 4 player? Thought in the 2 years I was away they would have gotten around to making 2 man heists.

Guess it's time to apply to LLJK and get some crew member help. BIG BIG MONEY!

this is the weirdest fuckin' complaint I've ever read about heists :psyduck:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Maybe they just really really like the Fleeca job?

Reinstalling this bad game for bad people. After last nights network fuckery, today I wasn't loading anything past the very first 'loading' window after steam launch

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's a lot easier to get 2 friends together than it is to get 4.

Apparently there's also a new method to cheese pac standard involving a helicopter that gets you the elite bonus, so 1.65m 4 ways

I'm one of the wealthy elite, so i don't have to do that repetitive garbage, but it's worth seeking out if you're one of those broke-rear end people working 6 hours for a motorcycle.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Is there a cap to how much gets shared with your CEO or president if you sell vehicles? Seems like that might be an OK way to "give" money to friends. Dip into your X80 bonds and the boss gets 90%(?) of a million dollar sale or whatever they trade in for. Couple of reps of that and that would launder a couple mil

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think they fixed it so that doesn't happen.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Nope still just F'ing spinning on this

uninstalled GTA, uninstalled rockstar social club, reinstalled from Steam
wtf

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe you got banned for being a dork.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Technically not against the EULA

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Psion posted:

this is the weirdest fuckin' complaint I've ever read about heists :psyduck:

It's not so much a raw complaint as much as disappointment. 4 man heists are great - but it's challenging for 4 of my friends to get together at once. Two people at a time is much easier to coordinate. So if there were additional 2 man heists that would have been pretty great.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

PadreScout posted:

It's not so much a raw complaint as much as disappointment. 4 man heists are great - but it's challenging for 4 of my friends to get together at once. Two people at a time is much easier to coordinate. So if there were additional 2 man heists that would have been pretty great.

I was about to suggest playing with goons then I remembered an irl friend uninstalled the game because he couldn't handle getting yelled at by a guy who "sounds like kermit the frog".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pros: front spoiler
cons: doors open kind of outwardy instead of straight vertical

conclusion: car ruined.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Jose Mengelez posted:

I was about to suggest playing with goons then I remembered an irl friend uninstalled the game because he couldn't handle getting yelled at by a guy who "sounds like kermit the frog".

I want to hear the "yelled at by Kermit" story, but I'm afraid it'll be a lot less interesting than it is in my imagination. That said - I've been keeping an eye on the discord and it seems pretty dead. I'll put more effort into figuring out how to hitch up in game with goons and perhaps my fortunes will improve.

edit-- effort exerted.

PadreScout fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 25, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Powershift posted:

Pros: front spoiler
cons: doors open kind of outwardy instead of straight vertical

conclusion: car ruined.

I'm not sure how I'm just now learning that the countach had a front spoiler but :chloe:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

PadreScout posted:

I want to hear the "yelled at by Kermit" story, but I'm afraid it'll be a lot less interesting than it is in my imagination. That said - I've been keeping an eye on the discord and it seems pretty dead. I'll put more effort into figuring out how to hitch up in game with goons and perhaps my fortunes will improve.

edit-- effort exerted.

you might have more luck now you're in the crew. if discords still dead (rip) start a mission or something then on the "invite players screen" click "crew members" and send social club messages to anyone who's online.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

that front wing is awful, and I say this as a fan of enormous, disgusting CF wings attached to the back of my kuruma

Jose Mengelez posted:

your friend made the right choice

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Ah, so the front wing is there because of the Cannonball movie lambo. makes sense

also the extra tall spoiler too, maybe?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The bumper options on the Torero are hot loving garbage. Only 2 front bumpers and both look awful, and the only rear bumpers are massive diffusers that totally don't fit the car at all. Damnit, Rockstar. You nailed it with the Cheetah Classic and then immediately dropped the ball on this :negative:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Had to go with classic red, like the poster on the wall when I was a kid:

Back tires are too skinny. And the interior can't be re-colored, which is weird 'cause all the other cars they've made recently have a trim color.

E: man, Imgur's compression really did a number on that screenshot

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I thought that was a vice city screenshot for a second

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Psion posted:

that front wing is awful, and I say this as a fan of enormous, disgusting CF wings attached to the back of my kuruma

your friend made the right choice

You be you and i'll be me, it's just a matter of style.

Hugh Malone posted:

Ah, so the front wing is there because of the Cannonball movie lambo. makes sense

also the extra tall spoiler too, maybe?

This guy fucks

I would have painted it black but you lose too much of the detail.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Played car darts over the Alamo Sea last night one-on-one with somebody only to have a pubbie get placed on my team. He insisted on shooting for the five target every time, so I messaged him to shoot for three or four because all we needed to do to win was outpoint the solo player.

Turns out he only spoke Spanish, so I replied my simple coaching instruction in Spanish. He went for the five each time anyway.

In spite of his repeated failures, I had us in position to win a round just by landing on the 3 as the other guy would have had to hit 5 to tie and there was no way, but apparently we can't have that poo poo because DUMBSHIT SPUN ME OUT ON THE RAMP ON THE LAST ATTEMPT THEN KILLED HIMSELF. :ramsay:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 25, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Car darts is hosed because there's always that one guy on each team who has to be last so they spend half an hour in the loving air.

It needs a harsh timeout.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Played car darts over the Alamo Sea last night one-on-one with somebody only to have a pubbie get placed on my team. He insisted on shooting for the five target every time, so I messaged him to shoot for three or four because all we needed to do to win was outpoint the solo player.

Turns out he only spoke Spanish, so I replied my simple coaching instruction in Spanish. He went for the five each time anyway.

In spite of his repeated failures, I had us in position to win a round just by landing on the 3 as the other guy would have had to hit 5 to tie and there was no way, but apparently we can't have that poo poo because DUMBSHIT SPUN ME OUT ON THE RAMP ON THE LAST ATTEMPT THEN KILLED HIMSELF. :ramsay:

it sounds like he won after all

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

Powershift posted:

Car darts is hosed because there's always that one guy on each team who has to be last so they spend half an hour in the loving air.

It needs a harsh timeout.

The tears when you do this and then just crash or knock teammates off though

Especially if you raise the score by doing so and using them as a bumper. :getin:

Edit: obviously do this only if the other team starts doing it

lordofthefishes fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

FuturePastNow posted:

Had to go with classic red, like the poster on the wall when I was a kid:

Back tires are too skinny. And the interior can't be re-colored, which is weird 'cause all the other cars they've made recently have a trim color.

E: man, Imgur's compression really did a number on that screenshot

I'm just not feeling the Torero. The proportions are just...off. If it was just a tad longer and a tad lower with the rear wheels spread out just a bit more, it might have worked. Oh, and give it a better front wing.

• Locked thread