Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah, it's not so much that Daxamites are allergic to lead as it is that lead is a sort of Kryptonite to them. It's why bullets will go right through them, even though they're superpowered under a yellow sun.

Nah, Kryptonite gives off harmful radiation. Daxamites just have a super sensitive allergy to lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah but it's functionally the same thing; it's not like they need to, what, eat the lead in order for it to affect them. Just being in the proximity of lead is dangerous.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Depends on the writer. Lar Gand had several stories where he didn't react until he touched lead.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But they still show him sitting, comfortably, in the ship before he leaves Earth. If nothing else it buys them some time. It just annoyed me.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So in the finale, General Zod is only used when Superman sees him in his hallucinations, right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
But he's apparently showing up for real at some point next year, hence why they cast an actor for him for the finale.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Per AV Club

quote:

Variety reports on a cast shake-up at The CW’s Supergirl, with Laura Benanti departing her recurring guest role as Alura Zor-El, mother of Melissa Benoist’s heroic Kara. Benanti appeared in 10 episodes of the former CBS superhero show, popping up in flashbacks, holograms, and—because this is a comic book show—as the character’s evil twin.

Unfortunately, Benanti is no longer able to commit to the series, so the part has been passed on to a veteran of a different CW Superman show: former Smallville star Erica Durance

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That seems really weird, why not just write the character off?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They must have plans for either a flashback or the hologram is going to provide another exposition dump in the upcoming season. Oooorrr, time travel shenanigans

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'm very okay with Durance showing up on the show but, yeah, that's weird that they couldn't come up with a way to write around the absence and simply give Durance another part. See what happens, but very odd.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

They must have plans for either a flashback or the hologram is going to provide another exposition dump in the upcoming season. Oooorrr, time travel shenanigans

Evil twin hologram, duh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's amazing and I'm hyped to see her on the show.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Binging through this season on Netflix and maaaan how the gently caress did Kevin Sorbo not see getting shanked by his wife coming from a mile away?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Grem posted:

Binging through this season on Netflix and maaaan how the gently caress did Kevin Sorbo not see getting shanked by his wife coming from a mile away?

He had to put all his effort and attention into trying to act.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

But they still show him sitting, comfortably, in the ship before he leaves Earth. If nothing else it buys them some time. It just annoyed me.

it was a kryptonian pod

spaceforce

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

it was a kryptonian pod

spaceforce
Dammit. Forgot about the space force.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So how exactly did Cyborg Superman know about the Medusa virus in the first place?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Speaking of Cyborg Superman.
David Harewood Finds Cyborg Superman Boring

David Harewood posted:

“I don’t like playing Cyborg Superman,” he admitted. “It’s boring. They didn’t really flesh it out, they didn’t really write for the character. They just gave me this rather cheap-looking mask and no costume, and said ‘Okay, you’re Cyborg Superman.’ But it didn’t really pan out – they didn’t really go into why he was a cyborg, how he became a cyborg, what his powers were … it was just kind of randomly calling him ‘Cyborg Superman’,” he explained.

Well said, David. Well said.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Aleph Null posted:

Speaking of Cyborg Superman.
David Harewood Finds Cyborg Superman Boring

Well said, David. Well said.

They went into it a little, didn't they? He was a dick when he was in the DEO, and J'onn thought he'd died in whatever accident Dean Cain saved him from, and presumably he was recovered and bionic manned by Lexcorp.

Except, yeah, why the gently caress does he think he's Cyborg Superman? The comic book Hank Henshaw had this whole revenge thing against Superman, and he spent a while impersonating Superman when the real hero was dead, so it made sense for him. TV Hank, not so much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They backed themselves into it by using the Hank Henshaw name so they just loving ran with it.

And it's dumb.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wasn't comic book Hank Henshaw another evil Reed Richards ripoff? They should have just had fun with that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

Wasn't comic book Hank Henshaw another evil Reed Richards ripoff? They should have just had fun with that.

He was!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This explains why he delivers the line by saying "I'm... *looks off-stage at producers* Cyborg Superman?"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm sad because they had the perfect opportunity to have Hank being reconstructed to look like Jeremiah and insistent that he's superman now.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I still think they need to get Brandon Routh, Tyler Hoechlin and Dean Cain in the same scene for one of the crossovers.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bentacos posted:

I still think they need to get Brandon Routh, Tyler Hoechlin and Dean Cain in the same scene for one of the crossovers.

Clearly Ray Palmer would be the one to make the required "this is awkward" joke.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never thought about it before now, but yeah. Ray Palmer clearly needs to meet Tiny Superman.

I've wanted the Legends to start taking the Waverider Universe Hopping for awhile but that's just another reason.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

C'mon guys we've already had "You look like my cousin".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

You're right we need MORE

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

irlZaphod posted:

Yea, and it was the best line of four shows all season. Do it again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Adrian Pasdar is joining the cast next season as real estate magnate Morgan Edge. Also Carl Lumbly (the voice of J'onn on the Justice League cartoon) will be guest starring as J'onn's father.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Adrian Pasdar is joining the cast next season as real estate magnate Morgan Edge. Also Carl Lumbly (the voice of J'onn on the Justice League cartoon) will be guest starring as J'onn's father.

Nice. Between Nathan Petrelli and Tony Stark in the Marvel animated shows, Pasdar's kinda been playing "lovely rear end in a top hat Superman" in one form or another for 10 years now, so it's cool he finally gets to be on a Superman-ish show. It's gonna be funny if he keeps showing up on Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. too in addition to showing on up Supergirl.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

How did they write Maxwell Lord out again? I forget. :confused:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They didn't, he just is never spoken of again.

Have a trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaI6dcoRRQQ

The Man of Steel inspired soundtrack made me chuckle.

Also, Mon-El will be back this season, though they haven't said when aaannndddd

Flockhart's gonna be in the premiere.

e: ew has a good rundown of what we know about season 3 so far

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 23, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, that trailer is literally "HERE'S EVERYTHING WE'VE SHOT THIS YEAR."

But whatever, I'm hype.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Edge is going to be literally Trump but the orange skin and weird hair is traded in for competence

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Adrian Pasdar simultaneously on a Marvel and a DC show, gettin' dem PAYCHEXXXXX.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rhyno posted:

LoL, that trailer is literally "HERE'S EVERYTHING WE'VE SHOT THIS YEAR."

But whatever, I'm hype.
The Arrow one was 90% footage from the finale!

I mean, they only went back to shooting a week or two ago I think. Just sucks that it's SDCC or whatever, they have to show something but it's July and they're not back on air until October.

e: Was there a BTS reason why Max Lord never came back? Was it the move to Vancouver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

irlZaphod posted:

e: Was there a BTS reason why Max Lord never came back? Was it the move to Vancouver?

Probably a combo of the move to Vancouver and them wanting to distance Alex from the straight romance they had hinted at in Season 1.

In unrelated news, tumblr is blowing up because of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLU58Adtd4

Betcha can't guess where they get real mad.

It's comedy gold.