Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

El Burbo posted:

woops wrong thread

I will always allow for based Suenari's Touhou art to be posted in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Two episodes into Gamers! and I'm surprised by how Tasuku turned out to be a cool dude. I think I'll be sticking to this dumb but likable show

Yeah, I'm just now getting around to this show and the first episode was so-so but after episode 2 I'm a little shocked how much I'm liking it.

Really this season has been full of pleasant surprises, I have no idea how I'm going to keep up with everything.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
That Reflection thing isn't quite what I'd expected from the director of Mushishi and Detroit Metal City, but oh well. Very strange tempo in the cuts.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he's a huge fan of western super hero comic stuff

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Made a thread for Vatican Miracle Examiner. Love those church boys.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Dude, the chuuni show is killing it. I have an embarrassing number of words to say about this show.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

numerrik posted:

Dude, the chuuni show is killing it. I have an embarrassing number of words to say about this show.

Which show is this? I didn't know there was a chuuni one this season.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Super natural battles. It's fall 2014. This is totally the wrong thread. My bad at the mis-post, I was in the wrong window.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The trigger thing? That was actually good?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Oh, Supernatural Battles Have Become Commonplace or whatever? Yeah, I really liked it. I don't think it was as strong as it could have been, but it had one of the most memorable scenes of the year in it, great VA work.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It was real fun for me. In some ways a middling show but I thought there were lots of fun little animation details and a lot of the arcs resolved with cute, warm moments. It's basically one of those high school LNs with superpowers where it becomes really boring the more the superpowers are actually involved

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it had the rant scene which was good enough to justify the rest of the blandness

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The rant scene was done in one take and you can tell that Saori Hayami was trying to keep it together by the end. Seriously...

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it had the rant scene which was good enough to justify the rest of the blandness

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thread added to OP :toot:

quote:

Vatican Miracle Examiner (Vatican Kiseki Chousakan)
J.C.Staff | Yonetani, Yoshitomo | Minakami, Seishi | Novel | Mystery, Supernatural, Drama, Shounen | July 7, 2017
Vatican City—Holy Land of the Catholics. Amidst the land, there is an organization that conducts rigorous investigations on "claims of miracles" from all over the world to ascertain their credibility. The organization is referred to as "Seito no Za" (Assembly of Saints) and the priests that belong there are called miracle investigators. Robert Nicholas, an ancient archive and cryptanalysis expert is partnered and good friends with Hiraga Josef Kou, a genius scientist. Together, the brilliant duo investigates the "miracles" and uncovers the incidents and conspiracies hidden behind them.
PV
Thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/889162392810029056

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Space Flower posted:

It was real fun for me. In some ways a middling show but I thought there were lots of fun little animation details and a lot of the arcs resolved with cute, warm moments. It's basically one of those high school LNs with superpowers where it becomes really boring the more the superpowers are actually involved

I think they ended before they got into the LNs where the superpowers really became a lot more relevant iirc.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That seems to be the case with a lot of decent LN shows. *glances at volume 2 of phantom world*

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Space Flower posted:

That seems to be the case with a lot of decent LN shows. *glances at volume 2 of phantom world*
Oh are you loving kidding me.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah i've written every english synopsis on myriad colors phantom world on the internet, in preparation for this day. get loving rused

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The long con...

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3ZQY-w9j6g

the first crunchyroll original anime... i think

This looks really great animation and tone wise. I hope the story holds up to the visuals and atmosphere. I really want to see western-made original anime for crunchyroll and other streaming services succeed. (Castlevania did great there for netflix!)

On that note, I think the French anime Lastman is coming here soon and for me it was hands down favorite 'anime' of 2016 - I saw the whole thing in its original French and it was amazing. I'd compare it even to Satoshi Kon or other Madhouse efforts at times. Here's hoping the western voice actors do it justice.

Relin posted:

interesting this is moving ahead before cannon busters is even out from kickstarter...

I'm guessing cause cannon busters is a longer series and I think Ether is a OAV-style movie. Not sure though. Edit: I think ether is a series too but OAV-ish in nature maybe?

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 23, 2017

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Space Flower posted:

yeah i've written every english synopsis on myriad colors phantom world on the internet, in preparation for this day. get loving rused

I'm ready for this. :unsmigghh:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Quiz Bowl anime continues to remind me of my high school days except with less nerd questions.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I hope Episode 3 of Youkai Apartment is better, hopefully it's just the introduce every character awkwardness but all the human parts just felt kinda bland :( It's a shame cause the little bits with the house youkais are usually neat, like the invisible ghost that just hangs out near the front door telling people Welcome Home and the chef ghost that's just a bashful pair of hands :3:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Was not expecting that next episode preview on The Reflection.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Monicrooooo/status/888230299657752577

oops, howd this get here?

Huzzah! fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 24, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's true

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I finally ran out of things to watch and put Centaur on after being bored by the first five minutes and the show is really cute and funny and all the political stuff is hilarious and also the stupid mermaids are funny and also the student council president owns face.

I wish there were more weirdo animal people though. All the angels and bats and sheep are boring losers.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You'll be happy when they go into the Antarcticans more.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Episode 3 was really sweet too

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

kater posted:

I wish there were more weirdo animal people though. All the angels and bats and sheep are boring losers.

I think the point is that that the Angel/Dragon/Satyr people are common locally ('mountain people') and centaurs are a rarity or transfer, just like the merfolk have their own school but one goes to the main trio's school as well.

Episode 2 was also on-point with how massively insanely poofy her hair is in the few manga panels I saw.

Episode 3 ᴏʜ ᴍʏ ɢᴏᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴜғғᴇᴅ ʙᴇᴀʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛɪɴʏ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴡɪɴɢs. Also the one girl, who may have been the spoopy ghost, had satyr legs as well. There's another centaur at the school council meeting, so they aren't that rare.

This show is wholesome as gently caress on top of all the inclusivitiy parable.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 24, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

Would you say that it makes them... infinite losers?

I regret nothing!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Vatican Mythbusters continues to be fun three episodes in
Hell Girl's second episode had a nice twisty story that had wondering what the hell was going on
Re:Creators was on cooldown this week due to using the Best Girl Fanservice ability last week
My Hero Academia is still awesome

that has been my trip report ty

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I didn't realize Re:Creators was 2-cour.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
exposition girl hadn't talked everyone to death in the first cour

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Hargrimm posted:

I feel like more people should be talking about Tsuredure Children. The vignettes are all really well-done and enjoyable; it's a great little pick-me-up

I don't know anything about the manga, but apart from this having an unusual introduction and structure, it's pretty fun. Nice to see everyone being appropriately thirsty for their age.

Hotaru is the best and I hope she'll show up more often.

Translating this must be tough though. That whole "cleaning/love" conversation...

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Ranzear posted:

This show is wholesome as gently caress on top of all the inclusivitiy parable.

Also the girls kiss.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ranzear posted:

Also the girls kiss.

The boys do not, however.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
well yeah, that'd just be gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say