Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Chris Knight posted:

Upper right, is that a 4228 blue inverted? I've needed a replacement one for my 6297 All Terrain Vehicle, for basically ever since mine originally came with a warped one.

Yes it is, taking a closer look it is in really rough shape, all scratched up. If you still want it PM me your address and I'll send it out for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I knew how big the Apollo rocket was. And yet I didn't.

First stage done, I like it. Nice heft to it, feels like you use it as a murder weapon. (If it weren't made of Lego, because it would shatter.)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The Ultimate Batmobile was pretty fun to build (my wife bought it for me as an early birthday present). It reminds me a lot of the Galaxy Squad blue team’s big set, which I also really like... in fact I would probably rather have technic shooters on the Bat Tank than gatling stud shooters.

Anyway for having 4 builds in one I feel like there are very few compromises (although clearly there are some) and each vehicle stands on its own pretty well. I particularly like how Robin’s bike fits into the Batmobile and he’s in the cockpit with Batman.

Also I’m pretty happy to finally have a light up bat signal, even if it doesn’t cast the greatest silhouette.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

in fact I would probably rather have technic shooters on the Bat Tank than gatling stud shooters.

I have mixed feelings on that gatling shooter. it's pretty clever and works well but they haven't done the best job of making it's implementation not look gaudy thus far. It's a neat part though.

tomapot posted:

Let me know if you have either of these:
4474 Trans-Dark Blue Windscreen 6 x 4 x 2 Canopy
2507 Trans-Dark Blue Windscreen 10 x 4 x 2 1/3 Canopy

I need them for this guy, https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6462-1#T=I and would rather not go buy them. I have a bunch of extra canopies and other parts to trade.

I've got the big one but the little one isn't there.

Anyways, my hoth shelf is looking like as big of a clusterfuck as my tatooine shelf now. Now I kind of want the echo base set to finish it off but I already am well out of room. Wish I had like one more foot of shelf for it all.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

DrChud posted:

Tonight I noticed at my Walmart that they already have the newer batman sets on clearance. Two-faces buck loader, Banes truck, and the Batwing. Clay face was also marked down too.

Saw that too, had the big fancy batmobile for $100 instead of $140. Was briefly tempted to grab one for future reselling... The bat crawler thing was also discounted, and some Ninjago dragon stuff.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
The Apollo rocket is absolutely massive, holy poo poo. I love it.

And to think the actual thing was 110m high, jeez. I like the little mans we get with it, I put one next to it and he's tiny.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The little men aren't to scale either.

All the human inhabitable portions were located above the black ring on the third stage. The LEM, the service module, the command module.. it was all inside about 1/7th the overall length of the craft.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Are they too big or too small?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
According to my rough calculations, these spacemen are about 4.3 feet tall.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well if you did the math I'll take your word for it!

But by eyeballing it they seemed too big to me.

edit - if you want to peep measurements, this is the best diagram I know of: saturn v configuration

xzzy fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 24, 2017

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Cojawfee posted:

According to my rough calculations, these spacemen are about 4.3 feet tall.

this is about how tall my nephew is, so that means the rocket is perfectly scaled for his space adventures
i wouldn't change a thing

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

xzzy posted:

Well if you did the math I'll take your word for it!

But by eyeballing it they seemed too big to me.

edit - if you want to peep measurements, this is the best diagram I know of: saturn v configuration

The Saturn V is 1:110 scale The space men are 1.2cm tall, or 1.6 if you count the base. Scaled up they end up being 1.32 or 1.76 meters. Or 4.3 or 5.8 ft.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

veni veni veni posted:

I have mixed feelings on that gatling shooter. it's pretty clever and works well but they haven't done the best job of making it's implementation not look gaudy thus far. It's a neat part though.

I've got the big one but the little one isn't there.

Anyways, my hoth shelf is looking like as big of a clusterfuck as my tatooine shelf now. Now I kind of want the echo base set to finish it off but I already am well out of room. Wish I had like one more foot of shelf for it all.

Hoth needs a backdrop.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Finally got to place an order for the Saturn V, its insane how every place that sells it is out of stock almost all the time

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

drat, Roiland. That's a lot of boxes.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The_Doctor posted:

Those were all purchased so he could flip them on eBay

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Needs to pan down to show off his jorts.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Hoth needs a backdrop.

Yeah. I had a white background in there and it looked surprisingly bad. Any suggestions?

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
I have decided to sell off my mixels.

Van Dis fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 27, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not to rain on your parade, but there is probably no worse place to price something than Amazon private sellers. I just looked most of those up on Ebay and they can all be had for a fraction of what you are asking.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
Haha, drat, I didn't realize that. Let me look on Ebay and change some prices around. Thanks for the heads up!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bricklink would probably be the easiest place to determine a fair price. Afaik I don't think many mixels are worth much more than retail. They are cool though!

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
Yeah, I'm more looking to just clear up some space by getting rid of stuff so everything is either at retail or cheaper. I definitely don't have the room to do proper Lego speculation, like people stocking multiple Saturn Vs and other large sets :sweatdrop:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not sure what Amazon's (the private sellers at least) deal is. They totally threw me for a loop when I started buying Lego again and I thought I was sitting on a gold mine, which is understandable because Amazon is good for pricing just about everything else. The second a set goes out of production, every Amazon seller jacks the price up 300% while the prices remain normal or maybe go up 10-15% everywhere else. I'm not sure what their end game is. I think they are just sitting on these outrageous prices and hoping someone bites, or trying to artificially inflate values or something.

It's a very weird phenomenon that isn't limited to Lego. Collectables are almost always absurdly over priced on Amazon for some reason that is a mystery to me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
People don't realize that they are buying from third party sellers on Amazon. It's not like ebay where you search for an item and you get a whole bunch of options. Each product on Amazon has its own page and it automatically picks a seller for you. You can't really tell unless you look carefully and see that it says "Sold by whoever and fulfilled by Amazon." people go on Amazon, see the thing is for sale, get pissed that "Amazon" is ripping them off and then buy it. Since it is fulfilled by Amazon, it comes in an Amazon box and they have no idea they bought a scalped product from someone else.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

VaultAggie posted:

If lego made a Darth Nihlus or Mara Jade figure a SDCC exclusive, I'd flip poo poo.

Mara Jade is non-canon now, Nihlus possibly too though he's safer given he's from the past.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've found some good prices on Amazon but they tend to disappear quickly. There were some great Galaxy Squad discounts but I bought all of them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If anyone happens to have any of these figures they could part with I'm looking for:

Yoda (most versions are fine)
Vader (any version)
Leia (Hoth, ANH,Bespin)
Any and all Ewoks
Medic droid
any Rebel/imperial officers
Those Death star gunners with the helmet w/o the face shield
ANH rebel soldiers
admiral ackbar
nien num
mon mothma
jawas

Got stuff to trade and $$$

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

Is that really a lot of boxes?

If so... :smith:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Just a heads up for UK goons, Toys R Us have quite a few sets on fairly heavy discount (40-50% off!) Picked up a couple of Nexo Battlesuits for just over £5 a piece for parts.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is it weird that I want all the Lego?

Well, all the Space up to space police and all the pirates and all the expert creator stuff.

But no Star Wars. Can't stand those at all.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Star Wars is an excellent source of parts for classic space though.

Call me a heretic but I am slowly replacing old grey with new grey on sets where it's possible.

I'm even thinking of rebuilding some classic sets with dark azure and new grey, they look loving splendid together.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

If anyone wants the Saturn V I'm considering selling my kit, because I need some cash for a trip. Removed from box, built once, still put together. I can take it apart and bag it back up and the box is still with me if you are a completionist. It took some small dings in shipping to me if you are some box condition freak.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Found this polybag while at Target today and picked one up.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I dont have room for my legos boxes so I throw them away. Anyone else do this?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yep, all my boxes go into recycling.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I keep the UCS or $200+ ones flattened in the shed, toss the rest

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If I have a set I really like, I'll save the box. Other than that, whatever, who cares.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I keep all the smaller boxes inside the UCS boxes I have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I recycle any new stuff, but if I buy an older set that includes a box, I'll take the box to a local reseller. 70s-80s and early 90s boxes in good condition are a reasonable value-add to a set, and the place I've gone has given me a bit of credit for them (if they happen to have that particular set in stock, box-less, they might be even more interested).