Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You decide not to risk breaking off a straw.

You stand in front of the tiny elevator with the broom. You scratch your head. The broom is definitely too tall. And the elevator opening is too short. How will you possibly make this broom fit? you wonder.

Time is ticking away. You have only one choice. You turn the broom diagonally and try to wedge it through the elevator door. It works!

You quickly jump into the elevator yourself - and the floor drops out from beneath your feet! The broom tumbles down the elevator shaft.

You grab for the railing on the elevator wall. There's nothing between you and the basement but air! You hang on, gripping so tightly your knuckles turn white.

What will you do now? There's no way you can crawl back out. And if you let go, you'll plunge to your death.

"Help!" you cry out. "Help!" But you know no one will help you.

Your fingers start to slip. You try to grip the railing more tightly. But one finger falls away. Then another...

quote:

You're hanging onto the elevator railing by one hand now.

You start to say your prayers, when you hear a strange whooshing sound. A bright blue glow fills the dark airshaft. You glance down. It's the witch's broom, glowing blue, floating up through the air. You bellow with joy!

The next thing you know the magic broom swoops underneath you. Without thinking, you throw your arms around the broom handle.

And you're off!

With a loud WHOOSH! the broom flies you down to the basement. What a ride! You leap off the broom, onto solid ground.

You're safe, you think. And then you hear the snarling.

You spin around and spot a furnace belching bright yellow flames. And next to it sits a huge cage - with a pacing, snarling werewolf inside!

quote:

CLANG! The werewolf crashes head-on into the side of the cage. He howls in frustration. His fangs snap at you.

You back up a step. You bite your lip as you stare at the hairy beast.

Familiar laughter fills the room as Nick, Debbie, and Connor slide down the basement's staircase bannister.

"What's the matter?" Nick taunts you. "Not having fun?"

"Only four minutes left," Connor reminds you, pointing at his small watch. "If you don't get three hairs from the werewolf by then, you'll turn into one of us!"

"But that's not so bad, is it?" Debbie says. "I mean, don't you think I'm beautiful?" She plucks a tarantula from her hair and wiggles it at you. You gaze at her hideous face and shudder. You'll do anything to avoid turning into a monster like her!

Cautiously, you step up to the cage. You stick your hand between the iron bars. Slowly, slowly you reach for the werewolf.

"WRROOWL!" The beast's jaws snap at your fingers, barely missing them. You pull your hand back, trembling.

"There's only one way to get the hairs," Nick says. "You'll have to go into the werewolf's cage."

quote:

Nick is right. You'll have to go into the cage.

Still holding the witch's broom, you approach the werewolf. Connor and Debbie laugh, but you focus on the hairy beast. With each step you take, it growls louder. Then, suddenly, the creature whimpers. His ears flatten against his head.

He's afraid, you realize. But of what?

You reach for the cage door. The werewolf whines loudly.

The broom! It's scared of the witch's broom! You don't know why. And you don't care.

You hold the broom in front of you with confidence. You open the door and squeeze into the cage. The beast lunges at you!

Quickly, you thrust the broom at it. The werewolf backs off. But only a few paces.

"Nice going, wimp!" Connor taunts. "Only two minutes left!"

The werewolf drops to all fours. He snarls, sniffing at you and the broom. Now he reminds you of a very large dog.

Hey, you think, maybe the answer is to treat the werewolf like a dog. Command him the same way you command your own dog.

Or you could pretend to be a wolf. Maybe that way he will let you get close enough to pluck hairs.

Which do you try? If you try to command him, turn to PAGE 122.

If you pretend to be a wolf, turn to PAGE 101.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Human Bone
Mummy Bandage
Witch's Broom

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Locked into the Bat House at the zoo.
Dragged underground by the spirits of the vengeful dead.
Permanently turned into a bat, along with all our friends.
Lifted the curse on ourselves, but accidentally cursed two of our friends.
Turned to stone by the house for no discernible reason.
Sent on an endless broom ride by a pissed-off witch.

Achievements
Batkin Robbins: Invent a new ice cream flavor.
Old Haunt: Induct a new member into the Horror Club.
You Have Chosen Poorly: Encounter a total of 25 bad endings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Treat that man wolf like the good dog he is.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Doggo is the way to go
Command

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

GeneX posted:

This.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

GeneX posted:

drat right. You pet that pupper and you pet him right now!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You have a plan. You'll command the werewolf as if he were a dog. You know from training your own dog, Spots, that it is important to be firm - show the dog that you're the boss.

You hold the broom out in front of you and step forward boldly. You stare the werewolf in the eye.

"SIT!" you instruct in your most commanding voice.

The werewolf snarls. But then he sits.

"Good boy!" You try not to get too excited. "Now STAY!"

The werewolf eyes you but doesn't move a muscle.

"Good!" you praise. Now the hard part. Will you be able to pluck hairs from the beast without him biting your head off?

BONG... BONG... Your heart jumps as you recognize the sound of the clock chiming. Chiming midnight!

BONG... BONG... You've got to move fast!

You step closer to the werewolf. You issue your final command.

quote:

"SHAKE!" you instruct the werewolf.

The eleventh chime rings out. Hurry, you think. Hurry!

The werewolf holds out his paw. Quickly, you pluck three hairs from his forearm.

The final chime never rings. Instead there is an enormous thunderclap. The force shakes the house.

"I did it!" you cry, dancing in a circle. "I got the four items!"

There is no answer.

You gaze around the basement. It's empty. No Nick. No Debbie. No Connor. No werewolf!

"Where is everyone?" you shout. "I won!"

The fire in the furnace has turned to cold ashes. You head for the staircase and climb upstairs..

"Hey, Nick! Debbie? Connor?" you call out.

"In here!" cries a familiar voice. It's Nick!

You race up the steps, two at a time. You follow his voice to the living room of Bat Wing Hall. You feel around in your pocket. You still have the human bone, the mummy's bandage, and the werewolf's hairs. In your other hand, you hold the witch's broom.

You have all the items on the list. The monsters have to let you go - right? You step into the living room.

quote:

"I have all the items on the list," you announce as you enter the dark living room. "I found the human bone, mummy's bandage, the witch's broom, and I even got three hairs from a were-"

"What are you talking about?" Nick interrupts.

You gasp. You can't believe your eyes.

There sit Nick, Debbie, and Connor in a circle on the living room floor. But they're not monsters! They look like normal kids!

"What happened?" you cry. "Why did you change back?"

"Change back?" Debbie asks, running a hand through her long - spider-free - hair. "Change back from what?"

"From monsters," you say. "Come on, you guys. I know what you really are. Don't play any more games."

"Hey, Nick," Connor says. "Your new friend is nuts. Monsters! Ha! That's a good one."

"But - but the scavenger hunt. And the mummy and the skeleton," you try to explain. The three kids stare at you with blank expressions as you stammer.

"Listen," Debbie tells you, standing up and leading you to their circle. "You're just in time for Nick's very spooky story."

You sit on the floor, your mind spinning.

quote:

Nick begins his story. "There once were three kids. They looked like kids you'd meet every day at school or in the playground. But these kids were different. They were under an evil spell - a spell that turned them into monsters. And there was only one way to release them from it."

"What's that" Connor asks, leaning forward.

"They had to find another kid who would pass a horrible, deadly test. No kid had ever completed the test and lived to tell about it," Nick continues. "The test was a scavenger hunt, and the kid would have to find four creepy - impossible - things. Only then would the monsters change back to kids."

"What happened?" Debbie asks breathlessly.

You stand up and head for the front door. You're going home. You have a funny feeling you know exactly how this story is going to

END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Human Bone
Mummy Bandage
Witch's Broom
:siren:Werewolf Hairs:siren:

:siren:Goal Endings: 2/2:siren:

Bad Endings
Locked into the Bat House at the zoo.
Dragged underground by the spirits of the vengeful dead.
Permanently turned into a bat, along with all our friends.
Lifted the curse on ourselves, but accidentally cursed two of our friends.
Turned to stone by the house for no discernible reason.
Sent on an endless broom ride by a pissed-off witch.

Achievements
Batkin Robbins: Invent a new ice cream flavor.
Old Haunt: Induct a new member into the Horror Club.
You Have Chosen Poorly: Encounter a total of 25 bad endings.

And with that, we close the doors on Bat Wing Hall for good. Next time, we explore a mad scientist's lab with help from our most suicidally stupid teammate yet.

diacorn
Aug 6, 2016

Nick posted:

Nick begins his story. "There once were three kids. They looked like kids you'd meet every day at school or in the playground. But these kids were different. They were under an evil spell - a spell that turned them into monsters. And there was only one way to release them from it."

"What's that" Connor asks, leaning forward.

"They had to find another kid who would pass a horrible, deadly test. No kid had ever completed the test and lived to tell about it," Nick continues. "The test was a scavenger hunt, and the kid would have to find four creepy - impossible - things. Only then would the monsters change back to kids."
Wait, what? Is this one of those "trapped in a theater of the mind" scenarios where the ending changes everything about the story?

And if it isn't, what about all the stuff we had to go through? What about all the other kids the monster kids gave "the test" to who failed and didn't "live to tell about it"? Are we just glossing over the fact that those kids are dead thanks to the Horror Club? :psyduck:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's really rude of the protagonist to just leave midway through Nick's story, but on the other hand, I guess it's really rude of Nick to turn into a lizard monster and make the protagonist touch a mummy, so I guess I can understand our motivation here.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I liked that there weren't as many bad endings in this one. A lot of the stuff seemed to branch a bit more meaningfully, especially on the bat path.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

diacorn posted:

Wait, what? Is this one of those "trapped in a theater of the mind" scenarios where the ending changes everything about the story?

And if it isn't, what about all the stuff we had to go through? What about all the other kids the monster kids gave "the test" to who failed and didn't "live to tell about it"? Are we just glossing over the fact that those kids are dead thanks to the Horror Club? :psyduck:

My read is that the only possible events are the ones tgat happen on the current playthrough . If we go outside, no one's a monster, same if we induct a ghost into the club. If we didn't turn to stone, that might not even have been a potential outcome!

We, the readers, aren't looping through time trying to find the right path like we were playing a videogame. Instead, we're blazing a trail through a new world each time. This time, the curse is broken, and what happened fades away like a dream.

or did it?

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 21, 2017

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Aww, I really wanted to see what would happen if the main character was turned into a monster. Oh well.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Android Blues posted:

I liked that there weren't as many bad endings in this one. A lot of the stuff seemed to branch a bit more meaningfully, especially on the bat path.

Epicmissingno posted:

Aww, I really wanted to see what would happen if the main character was turned into a monster. Oh well.

There were actually plenty of bad endings, including several where time runs out and we get turned into a monster. We just got insanely lucky and picked the right choices on our first go-through something like 80% of the time.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

GIVE YOURSELF GOOSEBUMPS #04: THE DEADLY EXPERIMENTS OF DR. EEEK

quote:

"How did you get in here?" a voice calls as you enter the waiting room at Eeek Laboratories. "That door is supposed to be locked at all times."

You and your friend Sam jump. You didn't think anyone was around.

Then you spot the receptionist sitting behind a tall desk. She's a short, frizzy-haired redhead wearing too much lipstick for her thin lips. She glares at you as if she expects you to turn around and leave - as soon as you figure out you're in the wrong place.

"I'm looking for my mom," you tell her.

"Who's your mom?" the receptionist asks. She starts to pack up her things to leave.

You glance at the clock. It's almost five-thirty - quitting time.

"She's the new lab technician," you explain. "She's working on some top secret experiments for Eeek."

"Really? For Dr. Eeek?" The receptionist gazes at you suspiciously.

"Yeah - I guess," you say.

But really, you're not sure. How come your mom never mentioned him before? Dr. Eeek? All she ever told you was that she had a new job in a research lab. You didn't know there was a medical doctor involved. Doctors give you the creeps.

quote:

"Are you sure your mom works for Dr. Eeek?" the receptionist grills you. She raises an eyebrow.

Her eyebrows give you the creeps.

In fact, this whole place gives you the creeps.

From the minute you stepped off the elevator on the nineteenth floor, there were no signs of life. No one in the echoing hall. Nothing but the creaking elevator door.

And then you spotted the door to Eeek Labs. Your mother never told you about that, either. The door looked like the door to a huge vault! It was heavy steel - and about six inches thick.

Your best friend Sam pulled a small handle near the edge of the door. To your surprise, the door swung open easily.

Okay, you told yourself. So the place has a weird door. That's no reason to freak out.

"Yeah, she works here," you tell the receptionist. "She does research."

"Well, take a seat," she replies. "I'm sure your mom will be right here." Then she packs up her oversized tote bag and walks out.

You search around for a chair. Then you see them. Across the room. The chairs are all orange plastic - and they're all chained together!

quote:

You sit down in an orange plastic chair. But Sam doesn't. He starts roaming around the waiting room.

"So what movie is your mom going to take us to?" Sam asks.

You shrug. "Who knows? But remember, Sam - we promised my mom we wouldn't act too wild here," you warn with a grin.

"Yeah, yeah," he says. Like he really cares. He wanders over to the receptionist's desk. He picks up a glass of clear liquid that's sitting there.

It's probably just water, but...

"Hey!" you cry. "Don't drink that!"

But before you can stop him, he drinks it down. Sam drains the glass in one gulp.

Then he whirls around to face you.

"Sam! I mean it!" you moan. "We can't fool around. This is a science lab."

He starts to answer, but suddenly his face turns white. He clutches his throat and gasps. Then the veins on his neck start to pop out. A moment later, he makes a hideous face - as if he's turning into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

You freeze. Your heart pounds wildly.

"What did you drink?" you ask him.

quote:

You race over to the desk. You pick up the glass Sam was drinking from. And sniff to see if it has a smell. Nothing.

Sam bursts out laughing. He gives you a devilish grin.

"Water," Sam says, pointing at the glass. "It's just water!"

You can't help laughing, too. You like Sam. He's funny. But sometimes your best friend can go too far. He's always playing crazy jokes on you.

Sam gazes around. You're sure he's trying to find some other trouble to get into.

"Maybe we should look for my mom," you suggest.

Anything to keep Sam from getting into more trouble.

His eyes light up. "Great idea!" he cries. "Maybe we can do our own experiments!"

Uh... on second thought...

Maybe you should just sit tight and wait!

If you sit down and wait for your mom, turn to PAGE 11.

If you look for her, turn to PAGE 6.

By the way, unlike how the last three books pulled a "But Thou Must" for their first choice, this choice actually matters.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 0/2

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
None yet

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I don't trust this kid to do anything but wait

Geez, you weren't kidding about how your sidekick is somehow even less good at self-preservation than Denny.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

High school science class taught me you never gently caress around in a lab.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait.

BTW, I remember (vaguely) one of these books, and I know the cover and premise alone were enough to scare the poo poo out of 9-year-old me. I think it had something to do with an evil babysitter?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Leraika posted:

I don't trust this kid to do anything but wait

Geez, you weren't kidding about how your sidekick is somehow even less good at self-preservation than Denny.

Go for it. I'm sure this lab has rigorous protocols that will keep us safe.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

"Let's not mess around," you say to Sam. "We should wait for my mom.

You take a seat in one of the orange plastic chairs in the waiting room. Sam plops down in another one.

"Bummer," he says. "I thought your mom was going to take us to the movies."

"She is," you assure him. "As soon as she gets off work."

But you look at your watch and think, Uh-oh. She's late again. This has happened a lot lately. You hardly ever see your mom since she started working at Eeek Labs. She spends more and more time at the lab. When you complained about it this morning, she apologized and gave you a big hug. She offered to take you to dinner and the movies that night. "And bring Sam, if you want," she said.

You check your watch again. It's almost six o'clock. Where is she?

Suddenly the door opens. A short woman in a white lab coat steps into the waiting room. She stares at you and Sam. Then she motions for you to come with her.

"Sorry. We've been running late," the woman says. "I'm Vanessa. Follow me."

quote:

"You're here for the Raster experiment, aren't you?" Vanessa asks. "The pay is fifty dollars cash. You get it at the end of the experiment. And it takes only about twenty minutes. Let's go."

You look at Sam. Fifty dollars?

But what kind of experiment is it?

If you go along with Vanessa, turn to PAGE 20.

If you don't want to take a chance on the Raster experiment, turn to PAGE 63.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
None yet

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'm gonna keep saying no till the book makes me say yes dammit.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

$50? Better participate in the experiment so you can buy the new Super Mario 64.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

IShallRiseAgain posted:

$50? Better participate in the experiment so you can buy the new Super Mario 64.

Sounds good to me.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Dude 50 bucks means we're rich!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Look lady, we just wanna find our mom.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Please, God, just let us wait for our mother.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Next vote gets it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sit still. Responibility is worth more than 50 dollars.

You still have to pay taxes for Mario 64, after all. Now, if it was 60 dollars...

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

"No way," you tell Vanessa. "We're not here for any experiment. We're waiting for my mom."

Vanessa narrows her eyes at you. Her dark hair cascades over her lab coat. She looks like the witch in Snow White.

"Wait here," Vanessa instructs. "I'll get Dr. Eeek."

A moment later, an older man with gray hair walks through the door. Dr. Eeek is wearing a white lab coat just like Vanessa's. But he has his on backward. His face is soft and fleshy, and there's something odd about his right cheek. The flesh looks as if it has been pulled up to meet his right eye - and then stapled there. It gives him a very weird squint.

"Well, well," Dr. Eeek begins, squinting at you. He sounds like a school principal who's just caught you stealing candy from the snack machine. "What can I do for you two?"

"I'm just waiting for my mom," you announce firmly.

He asks your name, and you tell him.

"Ah, yes," Dr. Eeek says. "Follow me."

quote:

Dr. Eeek leads you down a long white hallway. Doors line both walls. All the doors are closed, which gives you the creeps. What's going on behind them?

Finally Dr. Eeek opens a door on the right. G-LAB is printed on the door.

"Is this your mom's lab?" Sam whispers.

"Who knows?" you whisper back.

"Right this way," Dr. Eeek instructs. He stands aside so that you and Sam can enter first. Inside, the room is crowded with all the standard lab equipment. Tables, sinks, beakers, Bunsen burners. Jars of strange-looking things.

But your mom is nowhere in sight.

Then you notice a blob of thick, oozy green stuff sitting on one of the black lab counters. It looks like a cross between minty toothpaste gel and Silly Putty. It's the size of a Jell-O softball.

And it's glowing softly.

"What's that?" Sam asks, pointing at the green goo.

"This?" Dr. Eeek says. He picks up the blob. "Here - catch!"

He tosses the blob of goo right at you!

quote:

The blob of green goo flies toward you. Sam dives in front of you and catches it. It's an old habit of his. Hogging the ball.

Dr. Eeek chuckles. "Nice catch," he declares in a deep, sinister voice. "How do you like my new invention?"

Sam stares down at his hands. His eyebrows wrinkle with worry. The green goo is sticking to his hands - and he can't seem to get them apart!

"What is this stuff?" Sam moans.

"That's one of my very best experimental results," Dr. Eeek replies. "I call it my G-substance. G for green. G for glowing. G for gooey."

"How about G for 'Get it off me!'" Sam shrieks.

You gasp. The stuff seems to be growing up Sam's arm!

"Ah, yes," Dr. Eeek says. "And I forgot to mention. G for growing, too."

"Help!" Sam screams. The goo slowly creeps up both of his arms, toward his face.

quote:

Quickly you try to pull the sticky, glowing green stuff off Sam's hands. But it's really stuck! You can get only about half of it off.

And guess what?

Now your hands are stuck together, too!

"Have fun, people," Dr. Eeek says. He salutes you briskly, with a quick snap of his hand over that weird eye. Then he shuffles out of the room.

For the next few minutes, you and Sam struggle with the goo. You claw at it with your hands and your arms, trying to pull it off. But it's no use. The stuff is too sticky.

And it's growing thicker all the time.

Within minutes, the goo has grown all the way up both of your arms - and it's starting to encircle your throat!

Just as it slides toward your mouth, Dr. Eeek returns.

"Well, people, how are we doing?" he says with an evil smile. "Are we ready to cooperate now? Because I can get that stuff off you - if you're willing to do the Raster experiment."

If you cooperate with Dr. Eeek, turn to PAGE 9.

If you smear some of the goo on Dr. Eeek, turn to PAGE 37.

If you just RUN LIKE MAD! - turn to PAGE 77.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
None yet

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vengeance is the best motive.

Smear it on the Doc.

Fucker ruined our attempts to just stay out of poo poo. Figure it's time for a lesson.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

chiasaur11 posted:

Vengeance is the best motive.

Smear it on the Doc.

Fucker ruined our attempts to just stay out of poo poo. Figure it's time for a lesson.

All of this. We're probably gonna die here but god drat if we don't take this fucker with us.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Coat the doc in goooooooooo~

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

More Monster Blood?

Give him a taste of his own medicine

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Get goo on him!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Help Dr. Eeek with the Raster experiment?

"No way, you creep!" you shout at Dr. Eeek. "You're not going to experiment on us!"

Then you lunge at him with your gooey hands. You try to smear some of the goo on him.

It sticks to his hands - but it doesn't seem to bother him.

"Ha, ha, ha!" Dr. Eeek shouts, tossing his head back and roaring with laughter.

What's so funny, you wonder.

You're not laughing. The green goo is creeping into your nose now. You glance over at Sam. He seems to be in a trance. The goo is covering his mouth.

Neither of you can breathe!

quote:

Slowly, Dr. Eeek takes his right hand and begins to pick at a spot on his left wrist - just above the gob of goo you smeared on him.

You gasp. He's pulling off his skin!

No, you realize. He's pulling off a thin, lifelike rubber flesh-colored glove - a glove that looks exactly like his real hand.

So that's why the goo didn't hurt him!

A moment later, he reaches up and pulls off a skintight, lifelike mask that's covering his face.

"No!" you shout when you see his real face. It's not the same face as the mask. Instead, he has the pasty, pudgy face of a man your mom once showed you in a picture. A man who was fired from her lab - for being totally crazy!

"You're Herbert Wimplemeyer, the crazed scientist!" you try to shout.

But the green goo is creeping into your mouth. His name comes out sounding like "Werbert Dumplemurr."

"I hate it when people can't pronounce my name!" Dr. Eeek growls.

quote:

Dr. Eeek still has a glove on one of his hands. He moves toward you. Then pulls some of the green goo out of your mouth.

"There - you've got about two minutes until the G-substance slips back into your mouth and down your throat," he tells you with a horrible laugh. "Now, what were you saying?"

You gasp for air, then talk fast. "You worked with my mom at Eeek Labs," you say. "Until you got fired for being crazy!"

"Not at Eeek Labs," Dr. Eeek corrects you. "EIK Labs. It stands for Engineered Inner Knowledge. And yes, I did get fired. That's why I started my own lab - in the same building, just one floor above!"

"Huh?" you say, not quite understanding.

"It's simple," Herbert Wimplemeyer explains with a nasty shake of his head. "You got off the elevator at the wrong floor!"

You glance at the clock. You have only one minute left.

quote:

You get a sinking feeling in your gut, as the message sinks in.

You're on the wrong floor. Your mom's lab is downstairs!

"I'll give you one chance," Dr. Eeek says as the goo starts creeping back up your face. "One chance to either escape - or find the antidote."

The antidote? You mean there's something that will reverse the effects of the goo? A way to make this stuff stop growing all over you?

"Twenty seconds left," Dr. Eeek warns. Then he closes his eyes and starts to count.

"One, two, three..."

He's counting pretty fast.

If you search the lab for an antidote, hurry to PAGE 128.

If you buy more time by smearing goo all over Dr. Eeek's real face, turn to PAGE 73.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
:siren:Who Names Their Kid That?: Discover Dr. Eeek's embarrassing real name.:siren:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Take two, crazypants

If nothing else he may lead us to the antidote.

Dybael
Jul 11, 2017
Smear Goo x2, purely out of spite at this point.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

There's no way he's wearing a mask under a mask, surely.

goo that man

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Goo too.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Goo that goober.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I'm going with rubbing more goo in the off chance the potential bad ending gets called "hanging with my goofriends".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AbortRetryFail posted:

There's no way he's wearing a mask under a mask, surely.

goo that man

"And it turns out farmer Jenkins was the Atomic Skull all along!"

"AAAHHH! AHHH!"

"Fred?"

"Yes?"

"I don't think that was a mask."

Revenge.

We might die horribly, but the important thing is that we'll take as many people as possible with us, like the Pharaohs of old.