Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

babypolis posted:

iis hakimashou some kind of migf rereg or is he juts profoundly stupid and evil

i don't know and yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/vincecable/status/888023228698025984

https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/886521323517857792

A winning combination

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
How is it stupid or evil to say that the Iraq war and the terrible consequences of it are George Bush's fault?

You guys beat yourself up over iraq way too much just let it go.

I'd never vote for a republican but you guys can't really decide not to vote for a labour candidate again.

"Vote for Labour! Our last successful leader was a monster and a war criminal and the worst man who ever lived I hate him!"

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

hakimashou posted:

How is it stupid or evil to say that the Iraq war and the terrible consequences of it are George Bush's fault?

You guys beat yourself up over iraq way too much just let it go.

I'd never vote for a republican but you guys can't really decide not to vote for a labour candidate again.

"Vote for Labour! Our last successful leader was a monster and a war criminal and the worst man who ever lived I hate him!"

Every currently living US president is a war criminal though.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

if vince cable becomes libdem leader ill laff muself to death

he should be the uk jeb not ed balls, big man cable is like Jeb! with attitude!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

babypolis posted:

iis hakimashou some kind of migf rereg or is he juts profoundly stupid and evil

He's if Schumer's anti-BDS bill if it were a person.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Agnosticnixie posted:

Every currently living US president is a war criminal though.

I doubt that's true.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

hakimashou posted:

I doubt that's true.

Carter, Both Bushes, Clinton, Obama (for bonus point I figure Reagan died within the lifetime of this site)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hakimashou posted:

I doubt that's true.

ye act if they wuid be indicted fer it lmbo

theres no need tae b afraid

they are knowingly war criminals an obliged themselves as such an thats okay because nothing matters

more respect if they own up tae it an erode th last remainin shred o Western Decorum an no giez a gently caress instead o this back an forth gobshite yer frontin m8

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Agnosticnixie posted:

Carter, Both Bushes, Clinton, Obama (for bonus point I figure Reagan died within the lifetime of this site)

What war crimes did Bush Sr, Clinton or Obama do?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

hakimashou posted:

funniest post ive ever read

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
fill my hole vince

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

hakimashou posted:

:jerry:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Wishy washy bullshit centralism.

Yes the Lib Dems are back and as useless as ever.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Lib Dems have a chance - and a duty - to get in the sea.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Jeremy Corbyn is the guy from Fist of the North Star and the Lib Dems are already dead

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Alternatively Nick Clegg was a CIA psyop sent to destroy the Lib Dems from within

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40680626

"Vince Cable: I can offer the same formula as Macron"

GO AWAY

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Lib Dems need a complete break from the coalition and they aren't going to do that with a coalition minister.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I applaud mr Cable and wish him luck in his plan to split the right-wing vote in the coming election.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

lmao they did it big vinny C is leader

for the yanks... how to explain

in 2010 cable was pretty well respected for standing up to murdoch
he got appointed business minister under the coalition to stop the tories allowing murdoch up the countries tender butthole

he got kicked out like 10 secs later after murdoch used a young woman to sting him in the laziest most predictable sting ever by getting him to brag on camera about how great he is and how much hes gonna stop murdoch,
somehow opposiyion to murdoch is a sackable offense but stinging MPs to get them out of your way isnt for s newspaper man.

hes one of those politicians who used to have a good rep but pissed it all away as soon as he got the chance, nobody has told him that he has no reputation left though so we get to watch as he realises... how will he react?
my guess is follow his predecessor and blame ageism

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

the libdems seek out irrelevance like a smart missile seeks the mot vulnerable weddings

they get the youth on side in 2010... go into coalition with their opposites and get nothing in return in exchange for savage attacks on the youth and their manifesto promises

only party for remainers... make a gaybashing christian their leader

only party for centrists as left and right ascend in the main parties... make a disgraced old hasbeen who thinks v much of himself leader

it is worth remembering that this party was made by labour centrists splitting off cause left wing labour isnt electable lmao

Communist Thoughts has issued a correction as of 14:43 on Jul 21, 2017

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

nopantsjack posted:

hes one of those politicians who used to have a good rep but pissed it all away as soon as he got the chance, nobody has told him that he has no reputation left though so we get to watch as he realises...

Sounds like a perfect fit for the party

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

jBrereton posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40680626

"Vince Cable: I can offer the same formula as Macron"

GO AWAY

Jeremy Corbyn: To win, we will motivate voter turnout
Vince Cable: To win, we will demotivate voter turnout to unprecented levels

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Well thought you might like a a Comrade Ben Garrison piece I found on Twitter.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I desperately hope the media signs up for big Vinny's centrist party and gets their hopes up so they can be proven totally wrong for the hundredth time in a row when the libdems get 0 seats and cheeky corbyn wins the general against Michael gove in 2019

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thank you comrade corbyn

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

safely sodomized posted:

thank you comrade corbyn

this map is good because america doesn't exist on it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"i was talking to my friend viscount rothermere" is possibly the most british thing i've ever heard, and my grandparents ARE british

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
The observer published a survey of Tory party members over who they would want as the next conservative leader. The winner by a 5-point margin? None of the above

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gum posted:

The observer published a survey of Tory party members over who they would want as the next conservative leader. The winner by a 5-point margin? None of the above

tories apparently pulled the Dumbass Gambit too soon

sure the populace is dumb enough to vote for brexit but apparently not trump-dumb yet

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Yinlock posted:

"i was talking to my friend viscount rothermere" is possibly the most british thing i've ever heard, and my grandparents ARE british

the titles like 'viscount' and 'baron' make these people sound like the scions of ancient noble houses but in reality they're almost the (great)-grandchildren of upjumped business moguls. the first viscount rothermere was a newspaper baron who got rich and connected enough to become a real baron before being promoted to viscount. he was also, appropriately enough for the mail, a nazi

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Is that Spencer-Churchill from the famous Spencer Churchills?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

namesake posted:

I applaud mr Cable and wish him luck in his plan to split the right-wing vote in the coming election.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the titles like 'viscount' and 'baron' make these people sound like the scions of ancient noble houses but in reality they're almost the (great)-grandchildren of upjumped business moguls. the first viscount rothermere was a newspaper baron who got rich and connected enough to become a real baron before being promoted to viscount. he was also, appropriately enough for the mail, a nazi

That's true of every aristocrat give or take a few centuries, it's just that the further back you can trace your "noble" lineage the higher the odds that your ancestors were cousins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the esteemed Lord Nazishire