Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The one upside of electing a guy based on his lack of brain-to-mouth filter is that he's going to say all kinds of hilarious poo poo about the world leaders who are obligated to meet with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/BFMTV/status/888367059171774464

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
On Macron's controversial (lol) words about Africa

Honest Thief posted:

There was a rough translation on the tweet followup

2 weeks later

quote:

Les pays d’Afrique de l’Ouest veulent limiter à trois le nombre d’enfants par femme

FÉCONDITÉ Quinze pays veulent faire descendre le taux de fécondité général de 5,6 enfants par femme en 2017 à 3 d’ici 2030…

Burkina's head of parliament posted:

« Nous estimons que quand on a des taux de croissance économique qui est de l’ordre de 5 à 6 % avec un taux de fécondité située à 6 ou 7 %, nous sommes dans une situation de démographie non maîtrisée et nous ne pouvons pas espérer de développement avec une telle situation, a martelé Salifou Diallo. Il est urgent de contenir la poussée démographique dans l’espace Cédéao pour promouvoir un réel développement viable et durable. »

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

unpacked robinhood posted:

On Macron's controversial (lol) words about Africa

2 weeks later

is this being pushed on them by macron? and am i reading right they want to tax people with more kids more?

jesus loving christ neoliberalism

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It has nothing to do with Macron, and everything to do with exploding demographics being unsustainable. Doubling the population with every generation - how long can that work.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The best prophylactic is a city imo.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

steinrokkan posted:

It has nothing to do with Macron, and everything to do with exploding demographics being unsustainable. Doubling the population with every generation - how long can that work.

dealing with exploding demographics doesn't involve making it harder for parents to raise what children they have by taxing them punitively tho

women can't just unhave children

edit: but that's not what it says, cause taux is a false friend and it means rate, not tax. this is what they want:

"adopter des stratégies afin de « faciliter un déclin rapide, volontaire, de la fécondité grâce à l’accès universel à la planification familiale, l’augmentation du niveau d’éducation des femmes et le renforcement des efforts pour améliorer la survie de l’enfant. »" which means they want "to adopt strategies such as facilitating a rapid, voluntary decline of the birth rate through universal access to family planning, as well as improving the education level of women and reinforcing efforts for improving infant survival" if i'm reading it right

Condiv fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 23, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

edit: but that's not what it says, cause taux is a false friend and it means rate, not tax.

The French word for tax is... taxe. Or impôt. There's a semantic distinction between both "taxe" and "impôt" and actually the French "taxe" is closer to English "fee" I guess. For example the value-added tax is a taxe, but the income tax is an impôt. Impôt comes from imposition, as in, something that you just loving have to comply with.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Condiv posted:

women can't just unhave children
Sure they can, postpartum abortion is not that abnormal.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/leJDD/status/889007700910145536

Jupiter Descending.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Not low enough.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hey, what's the other similarity between Chirac 1 and Macron? Both were elected for who they weren't (Le Pen) instead of for who they were.

Didn't stop Chirac 1 from being followed by Chirac 2. Also if you look at this loving graph you can look at who is at the very top and climbing for their first three months? :barf:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
sarkomania was real

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cat Mattress posted:

Hey, what's the other similarity between Chirac 1 and Macron? Both were elected for who they weren't (Le Pen) instead of for who they were.

That was Chirac 2, no? Chirac 1 went against Jospin.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Yeah, Chirac 2 is when Jean-Marie Le Pen reached the second round in 2002.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/ivalerio/status/889230832111681538

Dissenters in Olympus.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A good piece on Macron's defense policy:
http://www.defense-aerospace.com/ar...n-the-foot.html

The money shot:

quote:

So, in a few short days, France’s boy president has managed to alienate his armed forces and his defense industry and France’s long-standing British ally, while marginalizing his “armed forces minister” at a time when his country is at war on the home front, in Africa and the Middle East.

He now has 4 years and 10 months left to show that he is not simply drunk on power, and that he is better able than his predecessors to manage his country’s military affairs.

A tall order for someone who seems to be floating on a cloud of his own making.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Cat Mattress posted:

A good piece on Macron's defense policy:
http://www.defense-aerospace.com/ar...n-the-foot.html

The money shot:

gotta give it to macron, fart levitation is a neat trick

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/20Minutes/status/889714883754905600

:bravo:

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Turns out welcoming anybody with a heartbeat into the big liberal tent was a mistake, who woulda thunk it.

He literally says that he couldn't do his job because he was tired after giving judo lessons; how is this not a Gorafi article

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lost in postation posted:

Turns out welcoming anybody with a heartbeat into the big liberal tent was a mistake, who woulda thunk it.

He literally says that he couldn't do his job because he was tired after giving judo lessons; how is this not a Gorafi article

maybe he should think of becoming a judo teacher fulltime, leaving the mp job to someone else

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Because the gorafi staff is too busy copy-pasting Claire "morano 2.0" O'petit's speeches. Shine on you crazy diamond!

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Oh right, the APL dust-up. I liked that her defense was essentially "yeah, we know €5 is a lot of money for students but can we please stop talking about it now?"

quote:

«Ça ne suffit pas», convient-elle, avant de relever «vous avez beaucoup d'étudiants qui sont obligés de travailler encore, c'est vrai. Mais bon sang, regardez un petit peu ailleurs! Whouuu! Ça va!».

(Wholly ignoring that most of the benefits are granted to non-students, but welp)

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

The new line of argument in support of the APL reduction is "well it'll be compensated by the elimination of the taxe d'habitation"

So essentially it's still taking from the poor to give to the rich. :chaostrump:

Flowers For Algeria fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 25, 2017

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I dig how fast and how completely Macron and the gang have revealed themselves to be absolutely poo poo

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Both of my friends who were militantly En Marche (tee-shirts, pins, went to the inauguration, the whole shebang) now sigh / pull a face every time I mention his name. It's a small but real comfort.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Both of my friends who were militantly En Marche (tee-shirts, pins, went to the inauguration, the whole shebang) now sigh / pull a face every time I mention his name. It's a small but real comfort.

gently caress them imo

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/889934780455845888

"We have enough planes"

"BTW we're getting more planes"

~la pensée complexe~

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Just read this little gem and thought I'd share it

http://artgoldhammer.blogspot.com/2017/07/macrons-remarkable-vel-dhiv-speech.html?m=1

quote:

Macron has been accused, not least by the left, of being pas seulement un banquier mais un banquier de chez Rothschild. The antisemitic intent of the charge needs no underlining. With this speech he has responded to the antisemites. Just as Bill Clinton was said to be the first black president of the US, Emmanuel Macron might be honored as the first Jewish president of France. Anne Sinclair was said to have coveted this honor for her ex-husband, but Macron is no doubt a more suitable person for the position.

:barf:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol i knew macron was going to be bad, but didnt expect him to be this bad

my grandparents seem to think hes doing a good job though, because he had a nice bastille day parade or something

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
This is the most antisemitic piece of writing since Mein Kampf.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Et Léon Blum, c'est du poulet?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Only presidents count, duh. Even if they were useless figureheads at the time while Blum had actual power.

Edit: Also, Sarkozy has Jewish ancestry on his mother's side of the family. Raised Catholic, though.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jul 26, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

Et Léon Blum, c'est du poulet?
Prime ministers who actually answer to the parliament doesn't count.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

It's bullshit. Everyone knows that the first Jewish French president was Chirac. Why else would Maxime Brunerie have tried to murder him for his participation to ZOG ?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Kassad posted:

Only presidents count, duh. Even if they were useless figureheads at the time while Blum had actual power.

Edit: Also, Sarkozy has Jewish ancestry on his mother's side of the family. Raised Catholic, though.

President du conseil, tyvm (also iirc he was interim president during or just before the 4th)

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 26, 2017

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/lemondelive/status/890486093098962944

quote:

Emmanuel Macron a choisi de nationaliser

Now that's a sentence I didn't expect to read.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Italians seemed pretty firm on their side so it's not surprising

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Manu le rouge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Personally I'd merge it with DCNS. Sorry, "Naval Group" (what a stupid name).