Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008

What did I do this time?

Is there another murder mystery I'm the prime suspect in?

Is CSI agent WeedBaby on the case?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

willroc7 posted:

Say what now?

There's a setting to make it not beep. Turn the beeps off and your vids will be a lot more watchable. It's also extra noise clutter in a game that depends so much on sound.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Zipperelli. posted:

During duos the other night, my buddy and I killed some guy, then his partner starts talking on pub chat from inside a house:

Him: "Don't kill me, I'm coming out - I know where a Jeep is, I'll uber you guys to wherever you need to go"
Us: ".... Deal."

My buddy tells him to drop all his poo poo on the floor inside, and watches him do so through a window. We let him come out, guns pointed at him the whole time, and sure enough, he brings us to a Jeep and is our personal driver for the rest of the game. We'd tell him to go to certain areas/locations, we'd scout a building, clean it up, and sure enough, he'd wait for us outside in the Jeep. He drove us around in his underwear for the better part of 10 minutes, talking poo poo and cracking jokes the whole time. Dude was bomb as gently caress.

You make this game awesome random driver guy.

Edit: I tried this in a later match and got loving domed within about .02 seconds.

This is why you should stream even if you suck! For posterity!

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Thank you to whoever said to upgrade from 8gb to 16gb RAM... it did make a big difference.
I've always heard anything past 8 isn't beneficial for games, but I suppose that isn't true.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

bromplicated posted:

Thank you to whoever said to upgrade from 8gb to 16gb RAM... it did make a big difference.
I've always heard anything past 8 isn't beneficial for games, but I suppose that isn't true anymore.

ftfy

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Low Desert Punk posted:

I really wish this game had more stupid, useless weapons. The crossbow is so much fun. Put in a Civil War-era musket or a dinky .22 rifle that can only kill with headshots.

I legitimately want an American-180 in the game because doing drivebys with a full auto .22lr drum feed rifle sounds perfect for this game.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
If you want weird dumb guns, put some Calico's in.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Party Plane Jones posted:

I legitimately want an American-180 in the game because doing drivebys with a full auto .22lr drum feed rifle sounds perfect for this game.
Extended mags would have to take it to the full 275rd drum (well, pan).

I'm okay with this idea.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It's Russia, add Mosins. Basically the Kar but a bigger more obvious muzzle flash and after 200 meters the bullet is too inaccurate to hit half the time.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Shima Honnou posted:

It's Russia, add Mosins. Basically the Kar but a bigger more obvious muzzle flash and after 200 meters the bullet is too inaccurate to hit half the time.

I'd love this. I love rolling around with the Kar with no scope, just pinging people with ironsights like it's Red Orchestra. So much fun.

Maybe a Jaws-style harpoon gun that you can only find around the shores. An old black powder Navy Colt could be fun, it would be almost impossible to reload without getting yourself killed, but you'd gently caress someone up royally if you managed to hit them.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

violent sex idiot posted:

crossbow owns i love it.

Got my first crossbow kills last night. I get one guy down who was taking cover at a tree. His buddy runs straight to him to heal him running right past me in the process. I tag him with a body shot as he's reviving and he freaks the gently caress out and goes prone. Still apparently unaware of where I am even though I'm crouching in the open like a dumb fucker. I manage to reload, calmly aim, and take him out with a headshot securing both kills.

I am now a fan.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

bromplicated posted:

I've always heard anything past 8 isn't beneficial for games, but I suppose that isn't true.

Everyone is using 6 year old advice from when Sandy Bridge dropped. Now you definitely want 16GB of RAM for gaming and even faster RAM is going to make a difference.

cosmicjim posted:

There's a setting to make it not beep. Turn the beeps off and your vids will be a lot more watchable. It's also extra noise clutter in a game that depends so much on sound.

Turn off all notifactions in Discord.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bad luck, I guess

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrypticEnjoyableMelonPanicVis

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

rip

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I've been killed by artillery while inside a big rectangular 2-story house (with the staircase at the back)
Standing in the middle of the top floor and I'm pretty sure the arti shell hit the roof right above me.
Pants making GBS threads terror moment, too.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

DrNutt posted:

Got my first crossbow kills last night. I get one guy down who was taking cover at a tree. His buddy runs straight to him to heal him running right past me in the process. I tag him with a body shot as he's reviving and he freaks the gently caress out and goes prone. Still apparently unaware of where I am even though I'm crouching in the open like a dumb fucker. I manage to reload, calmly aim, and take him out with a headshot securing both kills.

I am now a fan.

I've gotten maybe 5 kills with the crossbow across a hundred games or two, and they have all inevitably been bullshit snapshot luck kills. Every time I've tried to aim the drat thing, I've missed.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

HannibalBarca posted:

I've gotten maybe 5 kills with the crossbow across a hundred games or two, and they have all inevitably been bullshit snapshot luck kills. Every time I've tried to aim the drat thing, I've missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjXeNd85CU

Here's the video. It helps to have blind opponents, as you can see here.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Tom Clancy Presents: Running To Blue Circles

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

DrNutt posted:

Yeah that's some pretty shameful poo poo. And do crossbows not make blood spatters when they hit?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah that's some pretty shameful poo poo. And do crossbows not make blood spatters when they hit?

Not sure, doesn't seem like it though. I like the way the second dude got loving tossed though. It makes me want to keep using it for funsies but opponents like that are 1 in a million.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'd like if a nondrum Tommy gun was available outside of crates

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

this is very chill

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

wow you are good

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

DrNutt posted:

Wait, you hit tab and then right click? You use tab to make it so you don't have the do the pick up animation. You are literally doing it the worst way possible, Drag and drop, don't right click, and do it fast as hell.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
So every week I've been compiling all the previous weeks shadowplay highlights into a single video and setting it to music for the boys. You guys might like it as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-sfCe495VA

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

abigserve posted:

So every week I've been compiling all the previous weeks shadowplay highlights into a single video and setting it to music for the boys. You guys might like it as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-sfCe495VA

Did you set the video to the track of a hyena documentary? I really liked the first part of the video, it could probably be shortened though, like basically to before the launch. Some of the other kills were humorous, but a lot of them just seemed to be you going "hey look I got a kill" type stuff.

Party Plane Jones posted:

.22 is too big, need the Kolibri.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Have a custom game mode where everyone starts with a Derringer

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

VulgarandStupid posted:

Did you set the video to the track of a hyena documentary? I really liked the first part of the video, it could probably be shortened though, like basically to before the launch. Some of the other kills were humorous, but a lot of them just seemed to be you going "hey look I got a kill" type stuff.

.22 is too big, need the Kolibri.

fuckin hell i bet it's fun round your house

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Add .22 but make all the rounds Super Colibri which is .22 with just the primer and no powder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZf0PkeV_Ik&t=38s

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Replace 50% of the clothing spawns with .22 ammo. Add a lever or bolt 22 and a 10/22, let them take smg attachments. suppressed 10/22 with eq and 8x would be hilarious. IDK if any of yall have fired a suppressed 22 but it is about the one gun that could actually be called silenced. You pretty much just hear a bit of metal moving.and that's it. Suppressed bolt 22 is even quieter.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 24, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

odiv posted:

Thanks for the advice to turn some graphics settings up. I turned shadows and texture up to medium and it now runs without much hitching on my low spec machine. Now I have nothing to blame but my poor play.

I somehow missed 5 shots with a shotgun as I got punched to death. Then instead of doing the smart thing I tried to reload.

lol i just had a friend tell me they punched a guy to death because he kept missing with his shotgun and had to reload.

1500 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 24, 2017

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

:toot:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TheFonz posted:

Wait, you hit tab and then right click? You use tab to make it so you don't have the do the pick up animation. You are literally doing it the worst way possible, Drag and drop, don't right click, and do it fast as hell.

Well, I guess that explains why everyone out loots me in goon games. Thanks, Fonzie!

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I know a big thing in lobbies is to hit Z and crawl around as a snake, but there's a whole new wave going now where you hit C and crawl around as a crab.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

bromplicated posted:

I know a big thing in lobbies is to hit Z and crawl around as a snake, but there's a whole new wave going now where you hit C and crawl around as a crab.

Hmm, I'll have to try this, I've been hopping up and down in one spot but I don't think Ive got any better at my pregame

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I always go prone on the tail of the plane to block others from climbing it and boggle at how my dude can plank while only making contact with part of his hip.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I've started trying to punch as many different people as I can. It's hard to keep track once you get to the 30's because I can't remember who has been punched already.

My next favorite thing is to pick someone trying to practice shooting at range and completely ruining their practice.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Gildiss posted:

I always go prone on the tail of the plane to block others from climbing it and boggle at how my dude can plank while only making contact with part of his hip.

he does a lot of situps

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

bromplicated posted:

I usually hit C and then find someone who's crawling or prone and just kinda hang my butt over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
So it's been decided that in light of thread complaints about 1.0 kdr obsession in the discord, .8kdr is the new minimum kdr for chat and voice privileges. If you are sub .8kdr and wish to talk, you'll need to find a 1.0kdr or greater player to approve each individual voice request.

• Locked thread