Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RolandTower posted:

The best thing is the old tweets he decided he needed to delete? They included such horrible things as:

- Gun control is a reasonable idea.
- Planned parenthood is OK and women deserve access to healthcare.
- We should aboid scapegoatting and demonizing muslims, the vast majority of whom want to live in a safe and peaceful world.

Welcome to America 2017, where a history of saying reasonable things online is a professional liability.

Those are indeed liabilities in the Trump White House.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/delmoi/status/888901750756868097

:hai: Good.

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Jul 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

RolandTower posted:

The best thing is the old tweets he decided he needed to delete? They included such horrible things as:

- We should aboid scapegoatting and demonizing muslims, the vast majority of whom want to live in a safe and peaceful world.

Welcome to America 2017, where a history of saying reasonable things online is a professional liability.

screencapping this for any future employers of yours.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RolandTower posted:

The way everything he says comes across as creepy Trump boot-licking is incredibly loving weird.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Those are indeed liabilities in the Trump White House.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/delmoi/status/888901750756868097

:hai: Good.

"Your final balance of $95.00" :cawg:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

RolandTower posted:

I guess his principles are just hot air if he sets them aside so easily for the thankless task of defending Trump's Twitter typoes and celebrity beefs.

He can't be much worse at it than Spicer and Sanders though. The only one any good at the job is Conway, who's perfected the art of treating journalists like they should be embarassed for doing their job.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tardcore posted:

I've seen smug archer memes but they were all about day drinking

There's always going to be people who read anti-heroes as just plain heroes. I think Rick is more toxic in that sense, because he's allowed to be lovely to everyone because he's always right, and him being right is usually rooted in knowing some kind of advanced or esoteric knowledge no one else an really understands. It's just a good recipe for validating both your own bullshit beliefs and being a hostile rear end in a top hat about it to other people.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

there wolf posted:

There's always going to be people who read anti-heroes as just plain heroes. I think Rick is more toxic in that sense, because he's allowed to be lovely to everyone because he's always right, and him being right is usually rooted in knowing some kind of advanced or esoteric knowledge no one else an really understands. It's just a good recipe for validating both your own bullshit beliefs and being a hostile rear end in a top hat about it to other people.

for the most part, Archer is an actively good person

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

there wolf posted:

They all watch, but I feel like I have to deal with less Archer or Bojack Horseman memes smugly telling me some hard life-truth about the virtues of nihilism and utter contempt for your fellow man.

Which is actually surprising because Bojack himself is pretty full of nihilism and contempt and as the above post said, people tend to be terrible at noticing that they should not always agree with the main character.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."

I foolishly went to the videos comment section, naively expecting to see people calling her out for this.

This was not the case. :smith:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Cumslut1895 posted:

for the most part, Archer is an actively good person

He's really not. Like the way he treats everyone around him is absolutely despicable, but in a pinch he'll back up his friends and sometimes save the day because that's what an anti-hero does. And I'm not saying you say the same thing about Rick; it's just that Rick's strength is being the smartest guy in the room, and it's a lot easier to delude yourself into thinking you're smarter/have secret knowledge than to mow down ninjas after a four-day bender. See also Sherlock Holmes and pretty much every permutation of him.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

treiz01 posted:

Still not the right thread, but here are a few more by the same guy that are funny as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9DW4rrEjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZKcZbi1rg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuByMZzLxpM
Wow, he's pretty good at voices.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
There's another guy I like who uses distortion filters on his camera - one filter for each video, but the way he positions his face results in wildly varying faces for varying characters. Here's the first one I ever saw, Potion Seller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

there wolf posted:

He's really not. Like the way he treats everyone around him is absolutely despicable, but in a pinch he'll back up his friends and sometimes save the day because that's what an anti-hero does. And I'm not saying you say the same thing about Rick; it's just that Rick's strength is being the smartest guy in the room, and it's a lot easier to delude yourself into thinking you're smarter/have secret knowledge than to mow down ninjas after a four-day bender. See also Sherlock Holmes and pretty much every permutation of him.

there are bits like in Archer: Dreamland where he saw the Chinese women being unloaded from that ship chained up and was like, well I don't have a choice any more and blew his cover + shot a bunch of peeps (best season btw)

edit: and the truck full of Mexicans trying to get into the US who he helps

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cumslut1895 posted:

there are bits like in Archer: Dreamland where he saw the Chinese women being unloaded from that ship chained up and was like, well I don't have a choice any more and blew his cover + shot a bunch of peeps (best season btw)

edit: and the truck full of Mexicans trying to get into the US who he helps

Or Ruth, the cancer patient that he befriended who was a victim of counterfeit cancer drugs. One of my favorite episodes

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah but he's still very much a self centered rear end in a top hat with some moments of altruism breaking through. I mean look at how he treats Woodhouse and tell me he's a good person.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

there wolf posted:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

davidspackage posted:

I guess his principles are just hot air if he sets them aside so easily for the thankless task of defending Trump's Twitter typoes and celebrity beefs.

So, typical liberal?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Archer has grown as a character over the course of the series, but the fact that he's an emotionally stunted, not very bright manchild who just so happens to be good at spying is kinda the main joke of the series.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Maybe cartoons should not be treated as if they provide a moral compass

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Public post spotted in the wild...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Those stairs were a death trap.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Grraarrgghh posted:

Apparently that's Grover's grandpa, building Groversteps

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Subjunctive posted:

At least they don't have insulation under them.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rick and Morty is funny and Archer sucks

I liked frisky dingo, but Archer is bad

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Grraarrgghh posted:

Is it really that hard to calculate the number of stringers you need? Also: distance between them on center.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Let old boomers off themselves with their lovely home depot deathtraps, hth

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Subjunctive posted:

From this great Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/zchamu/status/888076067168301056

It's like a microcosm of every battle of 'common sense' vs 'government waste' aka health and safety regulations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Nobody in Archer is a good person

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

hawowanlawow posted:

Rick and Morty is funny and Archer sucks

I liked frisky dingo, but Archer is bad

I watched the first episode of Rick and Morty, and I couldn't get past the fact that the main character spent the entire time vomiting on himself.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that's a weird hangup

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

ZeeBoi posted:

Baby Abbiejean?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Jurgan posted:

I watched the first episode of Rick and Morty, and I couldn't get past the fact that the main character spent the entire time vomiting on himself.

I probably got hooked on that show because I didn't watch the Pilot first. I always say skip right to Lawnmower Dog when I recommend it to other people.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Jurgan posted:

The first episode REALLY overdoes it. They reign it in a lot in the other episodes.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

BoJack Horseman isn't really in the same ballpark as Rick or Archer. BoJack actually experiences (sometimes life-ruining) consequences for his lovely behaviors.

Archer doesn't because everyone around him is just as dysfunctional and Rick can just go to a new universe/dimension/reality to fix things and continue his whacky adventures whenever he really fucks up.

ZeeBoi posted:

Ray's usual running gag is that he's the only sensible one but that kinda derails pretty often too.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

that's a weird hangup

No, it's not, I almost bounced off the show too because it really overdoes the whole "Rick is constantly burping and has the vomit on his chin" thing and it's loving gross as hell to listen to.

Thankfully they toned it way down.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Nathan Drake is the best main character in the history of main characters, and more media should just be copying him.

MC's with flaws are less good than the ones who aren't fuckups.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Shared by the extremely crunchy girl I got my science degree with:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Mak0rz posted:

extremely crunchy girl

Tell me more

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Oh my God I hate that thing so much. My wife does it and for a super smart, highly educated person its so weird that that one thing stuck. She totally believes her eyes change between different greens and even blue depending on her mood. It drives me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

goose willis posted:

Tell me more

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crunchy