Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I dont want anyone to beat Asuka unless is Nikki at the moment. My guess is she's keeping the belt until after the MYC and the winner will get a title shot against her at the following Takeover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Accident Underwater posted:

I dont want anyone to beat Asuka unless is Nikki at the moment. My guess is she's keeping the belt until after the MYC and the winner will get a title shot against her at the following Takeover.

The only way asuka should lose the belt at this point is an undertaker-esque gang murder that involves chloroform and lightning bolts.

Or nikki beating her to death, either way.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Kenny's more of a living game character IMO. He used to be a bit more anime (then again I think he stopped using the shoryuken which was part of what made him a video game)

I wish a wrestler was an anime. They'd be the greatest and also the worst.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

When I first saw Tozawa in the CWC I thought he was pretty anime. He threw Gran to the corner, screamed KANEDAAAA METALIKKKKK and charged

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

Kenny's more of a living game character IMO. He used to be a bit more anime (then again I think he stopped using the shoryuken which was part of what made him a video game).

this makes his michael elgin match from the us show make perfect since, as he realized elgin had difficulty blocking v-triggers and began spamming them in a way only a video game character could.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I remember Amber being okay at selling herself as a fiery baby face in the indies, the pseudo—supernatural thing was a botch tho.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I don't think her gimmick got any more thought than "Twilight was popular a few years ago"

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Ember's an anime D&D nerd who pulled from that for the look. Clearly no one had a clear idea what to do for her character outside of her look and entrance though. I still like her but when you have Asuka and Nikki selling their characters so well it shines an unflattering light on Moon.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 22, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It feels like they had some kind of really deep, high-concept supernatural idea for Ember's gimmick, planned out this whole backstory and everything, wrote entire storylines, designed a costume. Then she walked into the building and they realized she couldn't talk for poo poo, so they dropped everything but kept the red contacts for some reason.

Good music tho

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
In her last year or so in the Indies, Ember was coming out to the Rains of Castamere with a Game of Thrones flag. I asked her at a show one time what the gimmick was supposed to be about (since she didn't wrestle any differently) and she said, "It's because I really like Game of Thrones." I'm guessing her WWE character is a similar story.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, she seems like the kind of person who spends hours drawing their D&D character in the little space on the character sheet, but then when the DM asks her what her backstory is, she goes "I'm a half-elf".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

freud mayweather posted:

ember's character isn't Anime Nerd; it's Living Anime. like Kenny Omega, only not as good at anything.
Hot take: Ember has a better finish

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Ember Moon is awesome. At the time of her signing, I'd rank her in the top 3 of active american female wrestlers on the indies. I do think creative has let her down a little though. Athena, wrestling warrior/goddess was a better character for her.

I wonder if wearing those red contacts makes it harder to wrestler at all.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

Hot take: Ember has a better finish

Her finish is likely to gently caress up her hips or, i dunno, tailbone in the long run

Kenny's is probably pretty safe for him, although a botch might legit murder his opponent

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her finish is effectively a leg drop.

Hulk Hogan did a leg drop for 75 years and still had the hip mobility to bang his friend's wife then lie about it to get Gawker shut down.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Her finish is effectively a leg drop.

Hulk Hogan did a leg drop for 75 years and still had the hip mobility to bang his friend's wife then lie about it to get Gawker shut down.

Hulk Hogan can barely walk because of that leg drop.
Now, granted, Ember Moon isn't 300 lbs either, but still...

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

Hulk Hogan can barely walk because of that leg drop.
Now, granted, Ember Moon isn't 300 lbs either, but still...

She does it off of the top rope and with a cool flip, though. They might kinda balance each other out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone knows flips increase impact, dummy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Everyone knows flips increase impact, dummy.

Yes, that was the point being made, that the flip off the top means it could be doing the same amount of damage as Hogan's because the dive increases the force in the same way as Hogan's weight. Now it is you who is the dummy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was hyping. Your promo game is weak and you need the help.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Grabbing her opponent on the way down probably takes away a little of the impact though

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
oney an d danny burch both have really cool music and then they beat the poo poo out of each other. nxt is good again

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
NXT rebuilding the tag division with Street Profits and Bald Justice.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Street Profits loving own

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wait, weren't we supposed to get Oney/Burch 2 tonight?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/890379478731415552

https://twitter.com/shofufu824/status/890376798973960192

https://twitter.com/HideoItami/status/890380795902402561

rovert fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 27, 2017

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That tall MMA guy keeps getting televised matches and I'm glad cause I think he has potential.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Please release KENTA and let him wrestle in NJPW

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Ember Moon is the best female athlete in WWE and she comes off as being badass when she does her intro and cuts promos. It doesn't matter what all the Becky Lynch and Deonna Purrazzo fanatics of the world have to say about her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And then they show her backstage and ruin it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Roque11 posted:

Ember Moon is the best female athlete in WWE and she comes off as being badass when she does her intro and cuts promos. It doesn't matter what all the Becky Lynch and Deonna Purrazzo fanatics of the world have to say about her.

we all know you're referring to rovert just say rovert, weak callout

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
i dont understand this scoops wars but i like becky lynch and ember moon and it'd be neat if they wrestled

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Phenix Rising posted:

Wait, weren't we supposed to get Oney/Burch 2 tonight?

I just assumed it was going to be the curtain jerk at Brooklyn, or something

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

I am a known Athena hater apparently.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Her match this week was good and I like that she was a bit more violent and energetic. I'd like her to have a 2nd finisher though, it gets real clunky when the loser has to stumble across the ring to the corner in order to sell the finisher poorly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, just let her hit it as a normal stunner when she's beating some random job-girl, and then she can bust out the super-version to murder real challengers.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
they could even call it the Eclipse and the Total Eclipse??????

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

I am a known Athena hater apparently.
I think Roque is confusing you for Darkstar

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MotU posted:

they could even call it the Eclipse and the Total Eclipse??????

I am retroactively mad at WWE that they haven't done this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
also she shoudl only wear the red contacts for BIG matches and her tagline for them shoudl be "now u will see . . . . . . the dark side of the Moon"

• Locked thread