Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

RickVoid posted:

We have one of those already.

It's called The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa, otherwise known as Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2.

$120,000 and approaching 5 years later there isn't even a playable demo. It's not Star Citizen but it's close.
My understanding is that they ran out of money years ago, so everything since then has just been running on the passion-project fire that made the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Rejoice in horror, for Infra Arcana v19.0 is unleashed upon the world and it is perhaps the biggest update the game has yet seen~

https://sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home

Changelog is enormous, but one of the biggest changes is that exp now comes from navigating the madness in exploration and doing things as opposed to mere combat---somewhat akin to Sil and a slim few others.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

My understanding is that they ran out of money years ago, so everything since then has just been running on the passion-project fire that made the original.

Yeah, my post was mostly joking. Apparently they've been live-streaming and actually have functional pieces of a game, which Star Citizen does not have going for it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

RickVoid posted:

Yeah, my post was mostly joking. Apparently they've been live-streaming and actually have functional pieces of a game, which Star Citizen does not have going for it.
They've got enough that they've taken a playable demo build to a couple PAXes and an E3 (that was two years ago, so add what they've livestreamed since - I think they've said the main town is mostly finished but the side areas aren't) and they have lots of art done that doesn't have gameplay behind it apparently?

Somehow a passion project running on fumes has made more progress than Star Citizen. But I mean, duh.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Mithross posted:

I beat the game on my second character, it turns out the skill that does a multiplier of your max damage and stuns for a short time is broken as all hell. I pretty much just had that, got a little mp regen so I could use it a lot, and chugged potions. I don't think I used any other ability in the second half of my playthrough.

I think there is a "better" ending you may be able to get depending on how you go about beating the last dungeon though, I may play through again for that. And you get a new class that is terrible at everything if you beat the game once.

EDIT: Some minor, as spoiler free as possible research shows there are five endings. So I guess I just beat the game the easiest way. This pleases me immensely.

I checked through the achievements and it confirms there are five endings, but looking at the combination of the title and the icon seems to be a good hint as to how you might get most of them, though two of them I'm still not totally sure.

Also, if your sole interest is making your character as strong as possible (one of the endings this might be much more important), Adventurer is 100% the way to go. Get the skill that cancels an enemy attack for only two MP, then get the skill that reduces the cost of all your skills by one. I had 14 max MP when lighting the final beacon, so I was able to totally negate 14 full attacks, and if you have any amount of MP potions that just makes the job even easier. It's an incredibly easy setup that only costs you two levels worth of skills, meaning you can put all your other points into offensive options like Sword Mastery, since getting two guaranteed yellow-rarity swords from mandatory bosses takes away a lot of the randomness to planning builds around loot acquisition. Again, Adventurer is the only character this works for though.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Rejoice in horror, for Infra Arcana v19.0 is unleashed upon the world and it is perhaps the biggest update the game has yet seen~

https://sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home

Changelog is enormous, but one of the biggest changes is that exp now comes from navigating the madness in exploration and doing things as opposed to mere combat---somewhat akin to Sil and a slim few others.

Thats a cool change, haven't followed this game in years and I always forget about it. Thanks for posting

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Playing more Tangledeep, I really wish there was a more consistent way of healing Energy/Stamina. Not having something that I can rely on means that I don't use the abilities very often, which may be the intention, but it also means a lot of the game is spent just pushing into / shooting enemies. Like, playing the Hunter, if I want to use Hail of Arrows, I basically either need to combine it with Ice Arrow or Bear Trap to make sure enemies stay in the area of effect. All of this for an AOE that doesn't actually do that much more damage, takes a good chunk of stamina/energy AND requires proper setup. The work:payoff ratio just sucks.

I actually don't understand why Stamina/Energy doesn't have a passive regen. If they wanted to dissuade people from loitering, the fact that monsters respawn would be enough of a deterrent since there's no consistent way to heal HP. HP will always be decreasing, or else you have to figure out a way to avoid all the enemies on the level.

Comparing it to something like TOME (this is pretty much my gold standard, so it may be an unfair comparison), my character is basically Batman with a huge rear end bag of tricks at my disposal for use in every encounter. When I die in TOME, I feel that it is entirely my fault for being tactically wrong. When I die in Tangledeep, I just feel like I got kinda boned by RNG for not getting stamina/energy orbs.

Other misc things:
- A recipe book of some sort would be cool.
- Champions should drop like, actual loot. It's not particularly rewarding to kill a champion and getting greys. The grey:other ratio in general seems to be kinda high.
- Why is there a frog NPC but your PC can't be a frog? You wouldn't even need gendered sprites!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I've been playing Legend of Dungeon lately and, while it's a little rough around the edges, it's kind of neat. It seems like it kind of perilously straddles the action/roguelike divide in that it's kind of slow-paced for an arcade game but awfully twitchy compared to most roguelikes, and it takes a couple of plays before the controls really start to become familiar (I would recommend playing with a gamepad if at all possible).

It's a weird, weird game. You can walk into the dungeon with nothing but some apples, a lantern, and your trusty sword and end up beating unicorns to death with a coffee mug and shooting lasers everywhere using some sort of possessed cat while wearing a tesla coil on your head to provide light. The game lets you figure out what everything does on your own - negative potions can usually be identified by the fact that they make your character vomit profusely, but the effects of positive potions aren't always immediately clear unless you watch your stats (and a couple of them are still a complete mystery to me).

New classes are unlocked by finding them in the dungeon, high-fiving them, and then doing a mini-ascension run back to the tavern at the surface while the dungeon boils over with assholes intent on stopping you from getting that sweet sweet unlock (the game actually records successful unlock runs as wins, which is kind of cool). It gets hectic as gently caress and there are lots of silly YASDs to be had - I managed to crush myself in a secret door by triggering it to close and then trying to run through, and apparently it's possible to die of alcohol poisoning.

I can't put my finger on exactly what keeps drawing me back to this game, but I'm enjoying it.

A Bad Place
May 25, 2008
I completely forgot that Legend of Dungeon exists, but I totally love it. It's just really neat. At first I was super turned off by the controls, they seemed way too fiddly for an arcade game, but once I slowed down and started playing it like a roguelike things started to click. Really, the game's worth trying just for all the weird and imaginative loot and spells and stuff. There's just a lot of cool junk in the game. I really ought to go back and check it out again, thanks for the reminder.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

infra arcana is still kicking my rear end as much as i remember

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay I figured out how to get one of the secret endings in Kingsway and I just got my rear end absolutely destroyed not even 1/5 of the way through it. I probably could have cleared the normal ending with the character I had, too

Mithross posted:

I beat the game on my second character, it turns out the skill that does a multiplier of your max damage and stuns for a short time is broken as all hell. I pretty much just had that, got a little mp regen so I could use it a lot, and chugged potions. I don't think I used any other ability in the second half of my playthrough.

I think there is a "better" ending you may be able to get depending on how you go about beating the last dungeon though, I may play through again for that. And you get a new class that is terrible at everything if you beat the game once.

EDIT: Some minor, as spoiler free as possible research shows there are five endings. So I guess I just beat the game the easiest way. This pleases me immensely.

More info! I just beat the game and got one of the special endings, but I got a class named after the ending so I'm assuming each ending comes with a new class you unlock, since this class also doesn't seem useless. Also, I had assumed that the bonfire bosses were static and gave static drops but it was just coincidence that I got the same order/drops a couple runs in a row. I got a helmet from one boss that increased your damage against humans by 66% which is wild

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 22, 2017

zirconmusic
Nov 17, 2014

Unstoppable Trash Panda

GrandpaPants posted:

Playing more Tangledeep, I really wish there was a more consistent way of healing Energy/Stamina. Not having something that I can rely on means that I don't use the abilities very often, which may be the intention, but it also means a lot of the game is spent just pushing into / shooting enemies. Like, playing the Hunter, if I want to use Hail of Arrows, I basically either need to combine it with Ice Arrow or Bear Trap to make sure enemies stay in the area of effect. All of this for an AOE that doesn't actually do that much more damage, takes a good chunk of stamina/energy AND requires proper setup. The work:payoff ratio just sucks.

I actually don't understand why Stamina/Energy doesn't have a passive regen. If they wanted to dissuade people from loitering, the fact that monsters respawn would be enough of a deterrent since there's no consistent way to heal HP. HP will always be decreasing, or else you have to figure out a way to avoid all the enemies on the level.

Comparing it to something like TOME (this is pretty much my gold standard, so it may be an unfair comparison), my character is basically Batman with a huge rear end bag of tricks at my disposal for use in every encounter. When I die in TOME, I feel that it is entirely my fault for being tactically wrong. When I die in Tangledeep, I just feel like I got kinda boned by RNG for not getting stamina/energy orbs.

Other misc things:
- A recipe book of some sort would be cool.
- Champions should drop like, actual loot. It's not particularly rewarding to kill a champion and getting greys. The grey:other ratio in general seems to be kinda high.
- Why is there a frog NPC but your PC can't be a frog? You wouldn't even need gendered sprites!

Yep I'm reading everything everyone is saying (literally) and taking it all into account. Thing is that some people play so well they have more consumables and regen items they know what to do with, other people can't even get to the first boss on Adventure mode. So it's a really delicate balancing act. I will say we originally had passive regen and the consensus was that it was less fun, after all you can always just portal to town and rest to full. Making cooking more obvious and having that recipe book (already planned) is I think going to help maintain your resources better, since cooked food is more effective overall.

Also some jobs are tighter and more balanced than others. I think Hunter is maybe one of the weaker ones? The payoff should feel good, but we're getting there.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Wow I really love the direction Infra Arcana is taking from reading the changelog. It might be time to sit down with that game and really try to hammer out a win. Has anyone else been playing the new version at all? What are your thoughts?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

zirconmusic posted:

Thing is that some people play so well they have more consumables and regen items they know what to do with, other people can't even get to the first boss on Adventure mode. So it's a really delicate balancing act. I will say we originally had passive regen and the consensus was that it was less fun, after all you can always just portal to town and rest to full. Making cooking more obvious and having that recipe book (already planned) is I think going to help maintain your resources better, since cooked food is more effective overall.

Also some jobs are tighter and more balanced than others. I think Hunter is maybe one of the weaker ones? The payoff should feel good, but we're getting there.

I can definitely see someone just filled to the gills with good food going all the way, but since the only recipe I can remember is fruit salad, well...

For a UI suggestion, maybe make some sort of quick item bar for food/scrolls/whatever? Just to mitigate going to the menu to eat?

Thanks for responding!

zirconmusic
Nov 17, 2014

Unstoppable Trash Panda
Yep we're working on a "Snack Bag",

I'm hungry

irl

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

tweet my meat posted:

Wow I really love the direction Infra Arcana is taking from reading the changelog. It might be time to sit down with that game and really try to hammer out a win. Has anyone else been playing the new version at all? What are your thoughts?

i've been plugging away at it a bit, but i can only get to around level 10 or so right now. doesn't help that i wasn't the best at it when i last played it a few years ago. the changes seem pretty good and i like how there's more of an actual survival horror aspect to it all now, which is fitting for the setting. no need to go hunting for everything when it's much better to sneak around stuff if possible.

not entirely sure how i feel about all the minute details of how getting exp works now, but i don't think i'm qualified to have a good answer in any way

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

I can definitely see someone just filled to the gills with good food going all the way, but since the only recipe I can remember is fruit salad, well...

For a UI suggestion, maybe make some sort of quick item bar for food/scrolls/whatever? Just to mitigate going to the menu to eat?

Bought the game yesterday and I'm playing with a controller, and was going to suggest this as well. So far the most tedious things to do with the controller are eating food and casting different spells with the mage (?) class.

Something like a ring menu would work better for skill/item usage with the controller IMO, but maybe I'm a little late to the party suggesting this.

Also it seems skill points don't really matter much as you can buy most skills within 1-2 hours or so, there's no real choice involved.

Otherwise great game. :q:

edit: quick bug report: when you select the teleport scroll to teleport home from within a sub-dungeon, it let's you choose between teleporting straight home or just to the entrance of the sub-dungeon. Bug is that this menu doesn't seem to have a blinking cursor in front of the menu choices.

'bug' 2: it says to press [j] to invest skill points when using a controller.

amotea fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 22, 2017

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Sadly, the Infra Arcana dev hasn't implemented any change that makes me not suck at it. Other than that I'm really loving the new change and the gameplay is better than ever, especially with the fewer, but tougher, monsters. It's not a game where you can just bump against dudes until you beat the game, you really have to choose your battles carefully and fight smart and conservatively. If possible it's usually smarter to avoid combat altogether which is made a lot more viable with the non combat xp change.

If you're looking for a traditional roguelike with nontraditional gameplay and atmosphere, IA is definitely a solid choice.

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.
Tangledeep asks you to spend time adventuring with less than full resources, which people aren't used to. You're not gonna go into every fight on a full tank. If you see big trouble coming, it's worth a bit of food to stack up, otherwise just handle it.

Every class can attack from range, it's not like Paladins or Sworddancers can't get two or three quick ranged attacks in before the gap closes with a low level mob. That's 1~1.5 less attacks they get on you, which means you don't lose much (or any) health.

Last thing is to make good use of the elemental damage consumables. They do great AOE damage and help out when you need to soften a big crowd. The exception is the shadow shuriken which is a hand written postcard from fucktown to nearly any monster. Chemist's gear + shuriken == one more chance at life when you are cornered by something that most certainly has to die.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Oh poo poo I haven't been keeping up with this thread but I just saw Tangledeep while browsing steam. That's awesome, grats zircon.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

tweet my meat posted:

If you're looking for a traditional roguelike with nontraditional gameplay and atmosphere, IA is definitely a solid choice.

yeah, this is a pretty good way of summarizing it. it's neat how it blends it all together and does a lot with a relatively streamlined experience. reminds me a lot of older roguelikes, but it has some modernization going on to make it easier to actually play and get used to.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Maybe this has already been posted, but for anyone wanting a low-effort way to try the spankin' new version of Angband as well as a bunch of variants (including some old ones like ToME 2, Steamband, Zangband, along with newer ones like Sil and PosChengband), there's now a common server hosting a bunch of these now playable online, complete with spectating and chat. So far there's not been much traffic and the chat extends across all active games. Still a little buggy but the person who's making this is putting a lot of time into fixing things, and also chasing down more old variants to add.

http://angband.live/

Oook forum thread for this is here:

Full list of variants so far: Angband 4.1.0, FAAngband 1.4.4, Hellband 0.8.7, NPPangband 7.1.0, NPPMoria 7.1.0, Oangband 1.1.0u, Sangband 1.0.0, Sil 1.3.0, Steamband 0.4.1f, ToME 2.3.6ah, Unangband 6.5.0a, Zangband 2.7.5pre1, PosChengband 6.1.0b, UMoria 5.6

e: updated variants

This is extremely good and actually got me to have fun with/try *bands seriously for the first time ever

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013
2nded for "I wish I could play as a frog too" in Tangledeep. I also like the look of the Monster wrangler and wish that was a playable sprite.

I currently have a popup that explains experience in the lower portion of the screen but won't go away... It's just kind of stuck there.

HeartNotes3 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 23, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I found XLarn in Steam today.

It claims that Larn was an influential roguelike from the 80s, and well, I've never heard of it? So I came to you guys so you could hopefully let me know if it's any good / fun to play.

e: I've also found Anais Roguelike which is yet another actual roguelike I've never heard of!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 23, 2017

CHOTSKI
Jul 11, 2017

Um, hehe, I love roleplaying games.
Tangledeep question: If I change jobs after I have obtained all abilities from my current job do I keep the basic/advanced/master passives?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

StrixNebulosa posted:

It claims that Larn was an influential roguelike from the 80s, and well, I've never heard of it? So I came to you guys so you could hopefully let me know if it's any good / fun to play.

e: I've also found Anais Roguelike which is yet another actual roguelike I've never heard of!

The 'Mix Malaria with Arsenic?' question in the second's screenshots makes me laugh and I'm not entirely sure why.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Larn is indeed a classic, one of the original big roguelikes alongside Rogue itself, Moria, Hack, and Omega. It is very innovative for the time and simply different from any other roguelike; worth playing at least a bit of. I don't know anything about XLarn though, that's a variant.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

CHOTSKI posted:

Tangledeep question: If I change jobs after I have obtained all abilities from my current job do I keep the basic/advanced/master passives?

Nope.

e: I was a Floramancer -> Budoka and when I swapped, the death of my Floraconda stopped healing me. As I understand it, the passives are incentives to stay in your current class, so when you have the skills you like, pick your favorite passives and swap there. (Or never swap classes at all! I beat the game months back in an earlier shorter build with just a Budoka.)

Jazerus posted:

Larn is indeed a classic, one of the original big roguelikes alongside Rogue itself, Moria, Hack, and Omega. It is very innovative for the time and simply different from any other roguelike; worth playing at least a bit of. I don't know anything about XLarn though, that's a variant.

Oooh, I had no idea. I've never heard of Omega - I know Hack and Moria - precursors to ToME and Nethack, yeah?

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 23, 2017

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oooh, I had no idea. I've never heard of Omega - I know Hack and Moria - precursors to ToME and Nethack, yeah?

Omega is amazing, and one of the matriarchs of the open-world/static storyline roguelike family line, one of my personal inspirations for Caves of Qud; it's more a progenitor to ADOM than TOME or Nethack.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Foss Free worked on a lot of projects

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Zangband is missing its --> Roger Zelazny (Amber), AKA the thing the Z stands for. A shameful chart.

More seriously, seeing it laid out like that is really interesting. I don't normally think of Larn or Omega as being particularly important or influential, but they were early and popular enough to be and Omega in particular inspired a fair number of open-world stuff, as you mentioned.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Between the Larn bleeding edge C++ rewrite several posts above and XLarn (very) slow cooking on Steam more immediately above, and with dLarn on mobile seemingly dusty for ages now, the fortunes of Larn are indeed improving at last of late compared to the other big foundational projects----Omega is pretty well the one most sorely in need of a continued modern hand save for the likes of Ragnarok/Valhalla in terms of standalone epics that should never die. The Spirit of Castle of the Winds is well enough alive such that it deftly avoided this fate~

Not everything can get The Dream in terms of revival that ADOM has been enjoying alongside vanilla Angband to an extent, but anything is better than nothing as the latter runs the risks of fading too far.

Especially since kinder's page seems to be down: :(

http://www.prankster.com/winomega/

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Unormal posted:

Omega is amazing, and one of the matriarchs of the open-world/static storyline roguelike family line, one of my personal inspirations for Caves of Qud; it's more a progenitor to ADOM than TOME or Nethack.

:swoon:

I love it when Omega is mentioned as an inspiration - time to give Qud a more thorough go I think. Omega was and felt in many ways just different compared to its contemporaries, in a refreshing way. It was a personal favourite of mine in mid 90s, and it has always felt needlessly neglegted.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
The main things I remember about Omega were the Kentucky Fried Lizzard Parts and dying in the city garden. I never made it very far into the game because I had no idea what I was doing.

Oh also, chargen had an option to play as "you" where you'd answer questions about e.g. how much you could bench press, or what your IQ was, and it would set your stats accordingly. And it'd snark at you if you cheated.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Playing WASTED. It's fun, but the hitboxes (on both enemies and the PC) seem wonky in ways that aren't just gun accuracy - think tripping the traps with sight lasers vs jumping over them - and also I have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to clear even the first dungeon. Enemy damage and health and armor all ramp up and I feel like my offensive options and armor options are both instantly outclassed on floor 7. What am I missing?

(also oh my god "The Lover Slab" quest is AMAZING you can even gently caress the waifu in your choice of positions and also Dick and Kissinjerk are also amazing)

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Nice to see Frozen Depths on there. Haven't played it in years but I was around in the right place and time to play the first alphas. Really neat little game.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Playing WASTED. It's fun, but the hitboxes (on both enemies and the PC) seem wonky in ways that aren't just gun accuracy - think tripping the traps with sight lasers vs jumping over them - and also I have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to clear even the first dungeon. Enemy damage and health and armor all ramp up and I feel like my offensive options and armor options are both instantly outclassed on floor 7. What am I missing?

(also oh my god "The Lover Slab" quest is AMAZING you can even gently caress the waifu in your choice of positions and also Dick and Kissinjerk are also amazing)
Are you drinking the beers that give good hangovers? You're supposed to stock up on a bunch of those and run the first 3 or 6 floors several times before taking on the last bits. Also go to the bar in town and have a drink before each dive, that helps.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Nope.

Nethack arose straight from Hack, while ToME took a long and winding road through Angband and then the original Middle Earth themed ToME before arriving where it is today, but yeah.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Woebin posted:

Are you drinking the beers that give good hangovers? You're supposed to stock up on a bunch of those and run the first 3 or 6 floors several times before taking on the last bits. Also go to the bar in town and have a drink before each dive, that helps.
First 3 floors only has one drink I care about (Lightweight Lager, which gives +move speed and a trivial knockback penalty) but I've been taking dives to 6 and drinking out a few times and then typically open a locked door on the way and die to out-of-depth... whatever the swole guys are called. Seems like there's a lot of actually not-garbage drinks on 6. But yeah, I'm getting a "Cannibal Style" before every dive. Wish I could spend TP on a gun that was better, but I'll get there, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremis
Nov 30, 2013
Contributed by picking up Tangledeep. Looking forward to some delving!

Edit: holy god Zircon, the music is so great. The pan down title screen reminds my of Secret of Mana as well.

Played for a couple hours and have some some issues/questions:

1. Some enemies (spinies) seem to be able to pelt you through walls even though you can't see them. I assume that other walls you can see over in the first boss fight are just half-walls that block movement but you can shoot over which happens later on. Not sure if either is intended.

2. My menus don't scroll so I have no idea what a shop is selling sometimes if they have more items than the page shows.

3. It would be nice if some abilities directly told you about important numbers (like that toggled heavy shield abilty which reduces your crit and increases block chance).

4. Also the heavy shield toggle for the paladin doesn't seem to actually reduce your crit chance unless there is a 5% cap that you can't go under.

Tremis fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 24, 2017