Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
goddamn the motherfucker who got arvidsson and now his 4.25m 7yr contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
it's going to be cool if ThinkTank picks the guy I want, because my entire list has been destroyed over the past dozen picks or so haha.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Technetium posted:

Give me something called Brady Skjei

He was who I would have taken if I'd gone d instead of Guentzel. Good pick for sure.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i couldnt quite pick between skjei and tanev and ultimately i wanted someone that could control a bad player if they needed to. tanev has done flawlessly with keith ballard and others but i didnt know if skjei could

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Verviticus posted:

Technetium (Leafs) did.

e: ThinkTank has until 8:56 PM EST. Jamwad and the goat guy afterwards. Maybe I'll get to pick today!!!

Kilza fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 23, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I need a top pairing RHD so I'm taking Charlie McAvoy. He's cheap, and he's good as hell. Part of me thinks he might have still been available on my next pick but I'd rather just take him now.

Skinner-Scheifele-Aho

Fowler-McAvoy

Gibson

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I figure now's a good a time as any to grab a goalie, so I'll be taking Steve Mason. He had a bad year, but I think he'll be able to bounce back, especially if he's given the clear role as #1 goalie.

Good Soldier Svejk is up, followed by Kilza

Ergo Propter Hog fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 23, 2017

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Looks like I made the right pick with Skjei based on you guys, had a hard time believing he was still available after the run on defensemen and couldn't tell if I was missing something.

Verviticus posted:

THAT'S ALL HE GOT?? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

At a bar phone posting but in the interest of keeping things going give me Gabriel Landeskog

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I'm going to be taking another defenseman. This time I'll be taking the lefty d-man Sean Couturier.

...what do you mean he isn't a defenseman? gently caress!

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Lets go teemu, I want to pick tonight, I got a 6-230 shift tomorrow.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I need a top pairing RHD so I'm taking Charlie McAvoy. He's cheap, and he's good as hell. Part of me thinks he might have still been available on my next pick but I'd rather just take him now.

Skinner-Scheifele-Aho

Fowler-McAvoy

Gibson

I haven't seen McAvoy play a ton but he seems promising.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

I haven't seen McAvoy play a ton but he seems promising.

He was incredible in the playoffs.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah, McAvoy is insanely talented and he was ready to make the jump sooner than anyone expected. He was dominant in the NCAA and looked phenomenal at world juniors, and obviously he made his NHL debut in the playoffs and didn't look out of place on the top pairing. He's legitimately already capable of playing a top pairing/first pp role. It's going to be interesting to see what he does in a full season.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i'll be at work all day tomorrow, anyone i can send a list to who'll be around?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah I'll be around

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I have too many good ol north american boys, I need some of them floaty euros so that vladdy feels at home so give me Henrik Sedin

Pacioretty-Sedin-Tarasenko
xxxx-Larkin-Miller

Chychrun

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Avs will take Brayden Schenn.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Morning babes.

Due Up:

T-Bone (Until 12:00 PM EST)
Aye Doc
Boomer the Cannon

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Evander Kane

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Lemme know when I should post aye docs pick

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I think aye doc is on the clock now right?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ok. He asked me to pick TJ Brodie for him.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Niklas Hjalmarsson

-Seguin-Forsberg

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-

Schneider

must suppress all shots for my ptsd boy cory

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 23, 2017

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Ok. He asked me to pick TJ Brodie for him.

gently caress, that was going to be my pick.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

gently caress it, time to buy slightly high on Pierre-Luc Dubois, 2017-2018 Calder Trophy Winner.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
The Red Wings pick actual Red Wing Tomas Tatar

e:

Tatar - Johansen - Kane
Somebody - Somebody - Voracek

Yandle - Ellis

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Laderhan is up until 3:46 PM EST, followed by mentholmoose and FBS.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I'll take Kyle Palmieri because he's scored 25+ goals in the past two years in a row on a completely awful team offensively.

-Monahan-Laine
-Turris-Palmieri

McDonagh-Dumba

Laderhan fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 23, 2017

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Boomer The Cannon posted:

gently caress it, time to buy slightly high on Pierre-Luc Dubois, 2017-2018 Calder Trophy Winner.

He was a reach in the draft last year and he's a real reach here.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright, I'm going to do a thing, and take Conor Sheary. He's youngish, his fancies are good, his points are good, and while he won't get to play with Crosby anymore he can still play with Jack Eichel.

Sheary-Eichel-?

Faulk-Gardiner
?-Spurgeon

Holtby

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Dubois is worth taking in this draft but probably not yet and probably not with the other prospects available.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

He's going to see 3C duties this year, whether he wants to or not.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mentholmoose posted:

Alright, I'm going to do a thing, and take Conor Sheary. He's youngish, his fancies are good, his points are good, and while he won't get to play with Crosby anymore he can still play with Jack Eichel.

Sheary-Eichel-?

Faulk-Gardiner
?-Spurgeon

Holtby

For reference/your building, he's equally good on the left and right wing.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm going to go all-in on the supposed goalie coaching witchcraft powers of Benoit Allaire and select G Antti Raanta.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Infidel Castro has until 5:33 PM EST, followed by glyynenstein, cop on the corn and Arabian Jesus consensus pick.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Philadelphia takes C Charlie Coyle. He may be kinda prone to cold streaks, but when he's being aggressive he's a loving monster. The fact that's still only 24 is just icing on the cake.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 23, 2017

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals probably shouldn't have drafted so many D for a while there. This time around they take Anders Lee.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Connor needs a winger who can pot in tap-ins, and this guy was pretty good at it for an inept goal-scoring team. The Chicago Blackhawks select Tanner Pearson.

Kilza will chime in with the autopick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Team Consensus takes Alec Martinez because they need a RHD to balance things out, giving them a line-up of:

JVR - Eric Staal - Kessel
Keith - Martinez
Rinne

Just under $44 mil in cap space now. I imagine the next consensus pick will be a forward, but we'll see.

• Locked thread