Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Well, it lost a huge portion of its roof and part of a wall, so I don't know what to tell you. It certainly survived better than the hospital a block away. On the news I saw a car sitting in the waiting room that I'd been in a couple months earlier.

A mile north and it would've wiped my empty house off the face of the earth and my financial situation would be much better today for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

a mini ice age would be loving dope IMO

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYRldZsVO9I

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Godholio posted:

Well, it lost a huge portion of its roof and part of a wall, so I don't know what to tell you. It certainly survived better than the hospital a block away. On the news I saw a car sitting in the waiting room that I'd been in a couple months earlier.

A mile north and it would've wiped my empty house off the face of the earth and my financial situation would be much better today for it.

I was working for Integris then. Their Southwest Medical hospital on Western has probably the best E.R. in the metro. Think working poor neighborhoods. I loved those E.R. folks.

edit- that woman whose husband was literally ripped from her arms into the sky was a friend and ex co-worker of my wife. I went to see her the next morning to let my wife & co-workers know how she was doing.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Reverand maynard posted:

a mini ice age would be loving dope IMO

but I don't want to live in an irl version of the North from GoT minus all the zombies and magic :mad:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Mambold posted:

I was working for Integris then. Their Southwest Medical hospital on Western has probably the best E.R. in the metro. Think working poor neighborhoods. I loved those E.R. folks.

edit- that woman whose husband was literally ripped from her arms into the sky was a friend and ex co-worker of my wife. I went to see her the next morning to let my wife & co-workers know how she was doing.

Yeesh. I'm very glad that nobody I knew there lost their home or life. Pretty sure that trail of destruction included the previous home of the coworker I bought the Corvette from, but they sold and were in Japan at the time.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Missionary Positron posted:

but I don't want to live in an irl version of the North from GoT minus all the zombies and magic :mad:
we could clone mammoths and release them into the wild tell me that wouldn't be loving cool

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Look at this fucken scrub. The real book is far smaller.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Maybe when he really goes off the deep end he'll upgrade to Gadaffi's Green Book.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Casimir Radon posted:

Maybe when he really goes off the deep end he'll upgrade to Gadaffi's Green Book.

Things made so much more sense when Gadaffi was around ~r.i.p~

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rex tillerson might be resigning soon

they're calling it rexit

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Missionary Positron posted:

The Wall would be much more awesome.

And now i want to start calling Canadians White Walkers

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they're calling it rexit

lol please be true

do you have a source?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they're calling it rexit

Go on

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/23/politics/ip-forecast-white-house-shakeup-sec-of-state/index.html

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Reverand maynard posted:

we could clone mammoths and release them into the wild tell me that wouldn't be loving cool

only if we can also bring back saber toothed tigers

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Reverand maynard posted:

Great I'll have to buy a bigger smoker

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

The Wall would be much more awesome.

And now i want to start calling Canadians White Walkers

Until we're dead we'd prefer Wildlings.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they're calling it rexit

Oompa loompa doompety doo.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ill Peripheral posted:

Until we're dead we'd prefer Wildlings.

Wildlings don't bow to foreign monarchs like Canadians do :colbert:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Speaking of Tillerson, the State Department is completely dissolving its cybersecurity branch. Note that this isn't the internal security department, but the branch that focuses on cybersecurity diplomatic policy.

psydude fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 24, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We might finally get that demographic change we've been needing.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

psydude posted:

Speaking of Tillerson, the State Department is completely dissolving its cybersecurity branch. Note that this isn't the internal security department, but the branch that focuses on cybersecurity diplomatic policy.

What the god drat poo poo :psyduck:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

psydude posted:

fuckin :lol: jfc

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Piss! Piss! Piss! Pisssssssssss

Is this tit for tat for Donnie saying he supports more sanctions?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've never been able to figure out why Tillerson has been so hell-bent on permafucking the State Department. I have some guesses:

- Hillary was best known there, ergo it must be broken
- DEEEEEEP STAAAAATE
- A private sector rear end in a top hat taking a look at a big federal agency and seeing duplication or "I don't need all these people, they make things take too long!"
- Tillerson is a Russia guy, the State Department hates Russia, therefore he's leaving all the careerists hanging with nothing to do
-They just don't care about diplomacy, they'd rather bluster around
- A general distaste for hoity-toity subject matter experts (Republicanism 101)

What's kind of odd is that Tillerson and Mattis kind of became best bros over these months. Donnie has also been VERY pissed off that State repeatedly says that Iran is still abiding by the terms of the nuclear deal (because they are), so Donnie is actively tasking West Wingers, and not State, for ways to get out of the Iran deal.

I personally bet Rex sticks around for a long time because Donnie hates firing people and most of these "advisor x is about to be kicked out" stories don't come to pass because Donnie changes his mind so drat much.

Edit: holy crap https://twitter.com/ethangroothuis/status/888468641179742208
https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/my-only-regret?utm_term=.tibYMZPYGr#.asmm2aRmrk

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 24, 2017

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

psydude posted:

Because private sector is absolutely able to fend for itself right? Time to check out your local credit/savings union y'all

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

when the market determines that cybersecurity is in the best interest of industry, industry will take it seriously. please do not question the all powerful orb free market

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

when the market determines that cybersecurity is in the best interest of industry, industry will take it seriously. please do not question the all powerful orb free market

Wait.. isn't Rudy Guill... Giul... Giuliani(sic?) supposed to be head of cyber security or some such crap?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

KildarX posted:

Wait.. isn't Rudy Guill... Giul... Giuliani(sic?) supposed to be head of cyber security or some such crap?

Informal cybersecurity adviser, so he's probably clearing a few paychecks until Fox News offers him a co-host spot on O'Reilly's old show.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/phranqueigh/status/888433690325471237

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
If Tillerson goes, he will likely be replaced with an Iran hawk. Tillerson and Mattis just barely talked Trump down from not certifying that Iran complied with the nuclear deal. I think a new SoS is less likely to stand in Trump's way to scuttle Obama's biggest foreign policy legacy. I fear there is a decent chance that you guys will go to war with Iran in the next three years :ohdear:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KildarX posted:

Rudy learned that Trump often discards people when they are no further use to him. Christie got the same treatment.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Mattis also has no real choice but to be best bros with Tillerson if he wants to keep things together. Of course I'm also putting Mattis on a pedestal in this assumption; which I'm ok with.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

*Oompa loompahs burst into WH Press Room and start dragging away Spicer*

"What do you get, when you tell a big fib?
Inauguration crowds were not really that big.
Chew gum all day and get terribly mad.
Yelling at press is undig-nif-ied. SAD!
Back. To. The. Reserves. With. You.

Oompah loompah doopity dee
If you are smart you'll listen to me
Women will play you on SNL dude
Unlike the oompah loompah doopity doo!"

*they somersault away carrying Spicer*
"DOOPITY DOO!"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sergg posted:

"DOOPITY DOO!"

:perfect:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Looks like someone went full on horror movie villain in Switzerland:

https://twitter.com/bgittleson/status/889454032883986432

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Sergg posted:

"DOOPITY DOO!"

:vince:

I am loving stealing this.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I recommend changing big in the first line to 'uge or huge so you don't rhyme big with big.

Other :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Sergg posted:

"DOOPITY DOO!"

Magical.

A co-worker of mine suggested a new spin on It's A Wonderful Life:

"Every time a Trump staffer quits, an angel get it's wings!"