Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Choice rhetoric is usually terrifying coming from politicians (because it's always about choosing who you pay to, not who treats you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Condiv posted:

the_dems_are_a_waste.jpg

1. we promise healthcare is gonna be cheaper this time
2. you can't be discriminated against! everyone can buy!
3. deregulation!
4 we won't cut medicare!

i'm high as gently caress, that's the repub website. :lol:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/fgdBmaN.gifv

Condiv posted:

lmao

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

the_dems_are_a_waste.jpg

3. deregulation!
4 we won't cut medicare!

You, uh, do realize that this is from Paul Ryan's House Speaker website, right? Or is he also an official arm of the Democratic Party now?

e. Aha okay lol in fairness I suspect you can find at least one DNC presentation that isn't that different

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Condiv posted:

lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Condiv posted:

couldn't tell the difference, honestly :shrug:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I'll say it,
Please don't make 80 year old maple grandpa run for the highest stress job in the world.
Surely a competent left of center candidate can crawl out of the democrat cesspool in the next 2 years.

...right?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'll say it,
Please don't make 80 year old maple grandpa run for the highest stress job in the world.
Surely a competent left of center candidate can crawl out of the democrat cesspool in the next 2 years.

...right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weeping Wound posted:

couldn't tell the difference, honestly :shrug:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

:master:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

HHH vs. Trump with Vince McMahon as the moderator.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
fun fact: HHH's nose can easily house a family of four

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Okay, I think it's official now. Chuck Schumer good.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

:bisonyes: devour yourselves

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

The Nastier Nate posted:

I'll say it,

...right?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

no

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/liberalism_txt/...agenumber%3D336

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

docbeard posted:

he's cosponsoring a bipartisan bill to make boycotting israel a felony

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

he's cosponsoring a bipartisan bill to make boycotting israel a felony

Peter Daou has spoken against him. Therefore this is fine. I don't make the rules, man.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

MY LIFE FOR HILLARY

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Daou probably dislikes the BDS ban bill because it's too soft on Muslims

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Condiv posted:

the_dems_are_a_waste.jpg

3. deregulation!
4 we won't cut medicare!

the last time the dems wanted to "protect medicare" they proposed moving the eligibility age from 65 to 67.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

it's still going to be useful for comparison purposes. if the text of the democratic platform cannot be discerned from what the republicans offer, we're in for a world of poo poo.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've said it before, i'll say it again: what the democrats offer had better be inclusive, it had better provide the benefits immediately (as immediate as possible for government, not hillary clinton-defined gradual), and it had better provide a positively impactful change in people's quality of life.

if we can't provide that, why the gently caress are we even bothering?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

peter daou n h.a. goodman walk into a bar
"ouch!"

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

*keeps injuring self cuz incapable of learning*

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

docbeard posted:

still gonna vote for bernie

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Someone younger and more lefty is going to pop up eventually and they're going to get my vote most likely

Uhhh, I definitely wouldn't count on this happening in time for the 2020 election.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh, petey petey petey

docbeard posted:

My stance now is the same as it was in November: Chucky Shoom is opportunistic as hell and I don't exactly trust him, but he knows where the wind is blowing and if he's praising the right people ("bending the knee", if you will) it can only be a good sign

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Uhhh, I definitely wouldn't count on this happening in time for the 2020 election.

Yeah basically the entire establishment has already settled on picking Kamala Harris, telling everyone she's left-of-center, and unpersoning anyone who says otherwise

e:
I can already see the memes now

DEMS: *nominate a strong, progressive woman for the presidency for the first time in history*
UGLY WHITE GUY W MANBUN: "Uhh no, not far left enough :smug:"
DEMS: *nominate an even stronger, more progressive woman, and she's black this time too*
UGLY WHITE GUY W MANBUN: "That is not good enough for me either because I am also a racist" *farts*

loquacius has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Jul 23, 2017

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
First poll of KID ROCK (R) vs incumbent Stabenow (D)

yea its not a great poll but still lmao at all of this

https://delphianalytica.org/kidrock-stabenow-michigan/

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'd be ok with Tulsi Gabbard over any of the other "fresh, new" options I've seen so far.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

the last time the dems wanted to "protect medicare" they proposed moving the eligibility age from 65 to 67.

Remember how Obama was desperate to change social security and Medicare for a grand bargin with the GOP?

Luckily the GOP was too greedy and didn't take Obama's sell-out deal.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I'd be ok with Tulsi Gabbard over any of the other "fresh, new" options I've seen so far.

lbj was cool

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

oh boy its peter daou, long time no see old friend

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

etalian posted:

Remember how Obama was desperate to change social security and Medicare for a grand bargin with the GOP?

Luckily the GOP was too greedy and didn't take Obama's sell-out deal.

obama tried slashing those programs again at the end of 2013 but reid & pelosi (to their credit) told him to take a hike.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Prof. Lurker posted:

First poll of KID ROCK (R) vs incumbent Stabenow (D)

yea its not a great poll but still lmao at all of this

https://delphianalytica.org/kidrock-stabenow-michigan/

lol if the michigan gop doesn't rewrite the law to have him listed as kid rock on the ballot because nobody's gonna vote for a guy named "robert richie"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bend the knee gets read as an ableist reference, further revealing the Chapo Trap House dirtbags as these who would spit upon the less-advantaged of us. Shame on them!

lol the funniest part of that article was the person quoted as saying that "bend the knee" is sexist and about blowjobs

i'm like consistently amazed by people who have no sense of awareness about history and make up the dumbest poo poo about symbolic gestures and metaphors that have existed for literally over a thousand years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jazerus posted:

lol the funniest part of that article was the person quoted as saying that "bend the knee" is sexist and about blowjobs

i'm like consistently amazed by people who have no sense of awareness about history and make up the dumbest poo poo about symbolic gestures and metaphors that have existed for literally over a thousand years

also people that have not watched one episode of GoT ityool 2017

• Locked thread