Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

my macbook chargers rubber cable cover finally broke at the end near the connector after 2 years of use. had to bandage it with some electrical tape :/
if you can't get a replacement, I've used sugru to fix apple's cable poo poo over the years, electrical tape doesn't do it for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
wtf is this pre-industrial artisan craft bullshit? sure the product breaks through normal use, but you can fix it with pine resin and pitch

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
yo i have a 13" mbp touchbar and it s u c k s a s s h o l e

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
- no magsafe
- fuckin donglitis
- touchbar sux

give me my old one back

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
oh and i got this poo poo going on too lol

apple is trash for idiots and i love it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Kirk posted:

- fuckin donglitis

this cannot be overstated. you need like at least two dongles, or at least some sketchy-rear end 3rd party crap apple won't even sell, to connect things you might conceivably need for day-to-day computing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

a usb-c dock? why no, we don't make one and the ones that do exist break near wi-fi or a strong breeze. coincidentally we also no longer sell a monitor that might function like that, the one we used to sell is also broken with the aforementioned wi-fi issue, and the og one we made needs a dongle to connect.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
apple is trash but it's the top of the trash heap

TOPS-420
Feb 13, 2012

Kirk posted:

oh and i got this poo poo going on too lol

apple is trash for idiots and i love it

ufarn
May 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

a usb-c dock? why no, we don't make one and the ones that do exist break near wi-fi or a strong breeze. coincidentally we also no longer sell a monitor that might function like that, the one we used to sell is also broken with the aforementioned wi-fi issue, and the og one we made needs a dongle to connect.
your gonna feel pretty embarassed when you see that apple already have a solution their first-party product line woes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

check and mate

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

this cannot be overstated. you need like at least two dongles, or at least some sketchy-rear end 3rd party crap apple won't even sell, to connect things you might conceivably need for day-to-day computing

yeah i have no idea what im gonna do after the apple care expires on my 2015 mbp in 2.5 years

hopefully trump gets us all killed in a nuclear hellstorm so i dont have to worry about it :911:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
aukey, he murmured

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

some sketchy-rear end 3rd party crap apple won't even sell

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
usb prism w/ dual sim

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
if crapple sold all the good poo poo u need (ethernet, k/b, mouse) with USB-C and also a replacement for the old monitor that they discontinued (so u can connect legacy poo poo) it would be good. but they dont lol. crapple.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

its fyckin hilarious that u can now magsafe ur dongles with another dongle (3rd party ofc)

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

stick to the old mbp until apple gets a trump to make it great again

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i have a 144hz gameing monitor and honestly the difference from a normal 60hz screen is minimal in any normal desktop poo poo. maybe it makes more sense for a tablet where you're natural-scrolling around all the time though

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

what a sad time for apple

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
I think its supposed to be adaptive refresh but I don't know if that makes a difference

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

AWWNAW posted:

what a sad time for apple

poor little guy, just barely hanging on

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

zen death robot posted:

hoping for an apocalypse because of your computer is pretty goddamn spergy change happens fuckin deal with it

i wasnt being serious my friend

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mishaq posted:

i wasnt being serious my friend

no one has ever made a joke in this forum and i'll be hosed if anyone's going to start now.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

for what it's worth, i too desire a modern apocalypse to wipe away humanity

unrelated to Apple though

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/889187172905103360

as godawful as siri is, it does has more self-awareness than apple's management

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

ufarn posted:

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/889187172905103360

as godawful as siri is, it does has more self-awareness than apple's management

how is this real lmbo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

how is this real lmbo

it's dead sirious

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
really hoping the december speaker drop makes siri actually usable

ufarn
May 30, 2009
"how do you do fellow apple fun-havers"

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Lol at apple news running straight up malware networks

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

emoji posted:

Lol at apple news running straight up malware networks

im the walmart gift card ad targeting people reading about israeli apartheid on facebook

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It's not actual Facebook it's a phishing thing within Apple news.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

DuckConference posted:

that's gonna be tough, unless "not a lot of people" means "pretty busy" as compared to "so packed with people it smells like a farm".

it's all relative, just go in the middle of the day on a thursday or something. even the oakland and SF fruit stores are pretty empty around then.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

CRAPL

lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/ismh/status/889240601639759873

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

ufarn posted:

if you can't get a replacement, I've used sugru to fix apple's cable poo poo over the years, electrical tape doesn't do it for you

lol i fixed mine w/sugru a while ago and it recently broke again, just below the sugru. in addition to electrical tape you can try silicone tape which works p well if you get a nice tight seal

every apple cable ive owned has broken in exactly the same way, no other cable for any other device or manufacturer has ever broken for me ever. the outer plastic of their cables is notably softer than every other and can't take even minimal strain over extended use

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

cinci zoo sniper posted:

front right wallet, back left keys

this is the worst pocket configuration I have ever heard of

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

take it to the apple store and tell them you feel it's a fire hazard, 99% chance they'll give you a new one for free. go when there aren't a lot of people.

if you make a sad face the Apple Store will actually give you a lot of poo poo for free.

AWWNAW posted:

should I get the fifteen inch touch bar or not

I like mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
my main complaint about living in the dongleverse is that the hdmi USBc adapters are hit or miss. like, some of them not seem to work at all, but only on certain tvs.

so far I have had to buy two hdmi adapters and keep them in my bag because half of the time one will not work. it will download the EDID and the MacBook thinks the display is working, it just doesn't actually display anything and I have to switch to the other hdmi adapter.

• Locked thread