Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

draymond plays football during basketball so i can only assume hes going to come out in jousting gear and medieval times all over a tiny irish racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

[Windhorst] "Irving chafed about how peers such as Damian Lillard and John Wall were the center of their franchises and catered to accordingly. There's irony there, as Wall was envious of Irving's Nike shoe deal and Lillard has never advanced beyond the second round of the playoffs."

https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/889128430628999168

:lol:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kyrie Irving may not be a smart dude

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ramadu posted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20127818/nba-weeks-dysfunction-surrounding-kyrie-irving-trade-demand

did this get posted about the whole kyrie (who is probably going to the warriors) saga so far because just lol that team is so dysfunctional

Windhorst is basically LeBron's PR guy so I took that article as LeBron's people going scorched-earth Kyrie.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He was the main guy in four dreadful Cleveland years I'm not sure what he thinks would happen without LeBron but I already know.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Not a well rounded dude

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/danielrainge/status/889273692185915393

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/stoolmilmore/status/889290167516790784

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i'm of the opinion that most basketball players can't actually fight and most pro fighters would win against most of them except maybe, maybe in cases of the most extreme size differences. the difference between being trained to fight and mostly untrained are wild. that's my hot take.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Shear Modulus posted:

Windhorst is basically LeBron's PR guy so I took that article as LeBron's people going scorched-earth Kyrie.

If what Windhorst is saying is false or made up Kyrie could pretty easily deny it, but he's not.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Draymond probably has no idea how to fight compared to McGregor so the size advantage is minimized. See: 3 Ninjas

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

C'mon now, McGregor would submit Draymond in under a minute, just like Floyd could knock McGregor out in 30 seconds if he tries to.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

leftist heap posted:

i'm of the opinion that most basketball players can't actually fight and most pro fighters would win against most of them except maybe, maybe in cases of the most extreme size differences. the difference between being trained to fight and mostly untrained are wild. that's my hot take.

Someone never saw Manute Bol whip Refrigerator Perry's rear end.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

C'mon now, McGregor would submit Draymond in under a minute, just like Floyd could knock McGregor out in 30 seconds if he tries to.

Draymonds fighting style is so brutal that his signature move isn't even allowed in UFC. Draymond is going to dribble Conors balls with his foot.

Ghetto SuperCzar fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 24, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
James Johnson vs conor mcdonalds

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Actual footage of a Draymond/McGregor fight

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Yea I think Draymond easily has 100 lbs on McGregor. I mean yea he could win with a heel hook or something I guess.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I was in Joel Silver's trailer, and he had called for Jean-Claude to come see him. And he comes in the trailer and Joel starts saying, "You gotta stop kickboxing!" — because [Jean-Claude] wanted to kickbox — and he was telling him, "Look, the Predator is not a kickboxer." And Van Damme was like (Van Damme voice), "I must do that; that's how I see the Predator." And Joel said, "Well, you're fired. Get out of here." And Van Damme says, "Kiss my balls!" and walks out, and that was the end of that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

I was in Joel Silver's trailer, and he had called for Jean-Claude to come see him. And he comes in the trailer and Joel starts saying, "You gotta stop kickboxing!" — because [Jean-Claude] wanted to kickbox — and he was telling him, "Look, the Predator is not a kickboxer." And Van Damme was like (Van Damme voice), "I must do that; that's how I see the Predator." And Joel said, "Well, you're fired. Get out of here." And Van Damme says, "Kiss my balls!" and walks out, and that was the end of that.

This is seriously the best story of all time

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lmfao

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Draymond probably has no idea how to fight compared to McGregor so the size advantage is minimized. See: 3 Ninjas

A good movie

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

This fight is so dumb.

Floyd is going to wash him. Connor is going to get paid.

But I guess you want to actually be engaged enough to root for the racist over the wife beater.

I think it's telling that the biggest event in fight sports in the last several years is this joke of a contest between arguably the best boxer in history (49-0) and some famously mouthy guy who doesn't box and isn't even a top three guy in the sport he does compete in (as far as I'm concerned The 607 Kid is undefeated 6 0 7! 6 0 7!). NFL football and boxing and MMA and etc. etc. prey on poor kids who need the opportunity and don't know any better. They're blood sports that can hide the damage they do to their participants and the world will be a bit better once they've all disappeared

slave to my cravings posted:

I hope lavar runs onto the court after lonzo gets fouled hard in his first game

lol look at you angry at a man for enjoying himself dancing

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't have an opinion on McGregor but seeing him get all the MMA purists all wound up because he's bringing UFC closer to WWE than NBA/NFL wins some points from me

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

EvanTH posted:

I think it's telling that the biggest event in fight sports in the last several years is this joke of a contest between arguably the best boxer in history (49-0) and some famously mouthy guy who doesn't box and isn't even a top three guy in the sport he does compete in (as far as I'm concerned The 607 Kid is undefeated 6 0 7! 6 0 7!). NFL football and boxing and MMA and etc. etc. prey on poor kids who need the opportunity and don't know any better. They're blood sports that can hide the damage they do to their participants and the world will be a bit better once they've all disappeared

lol look at you angry at a man for enjoying himself dancing

Conor is easily the second best p4p fighter in the UFC. Arguably even the best considering Mighty Mouse has mostly been fighting cardboard cutouts for some time now.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Noctone posted:

Conor is easily the second best p4p fighter in the UFC. Arguably even the best considering Mighty Mouse has mostly been fighting cardboard cutouts for some time now.

A certain cocaine addled dork that's fighting in 6 days is better than Conor.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

A certain cocaine addled dork that's fighting in 6 days is better than Conor.

When he can keep his nose clean, yeah.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Noctone posted:

i guess folks who aren't from upstate don't know Bones Jones as "607" oh well

Quick clip of Matt Hamill handing Jones his only loss
https://i.imgur.com/xDr7w8F.gifv
remarkable (edit: i put that in URL tags and it still showed up as a picture instead of a link why's that happening??)

Jones is the best athlete that dumb sport has ever seen.

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 24, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Man Matt Hamill, there's a name I haven't thought of in a long time.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Where am i what thread is this someone help me

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

I treasure this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

McGregor is literally like 4 feet tall, draymond would just do that thing you do to your little brother where you hold his head while he swings wildly 3 feet in front of you.

It's very weird how the biggest stars in combat sports used to be heavyweights and now their all my size but muscular

E: check out Buddy when Buddy punch

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

the_american_dream posted:

Where am i what thread is this someone help me

:iiam:

Also, drat fine avatar you got there.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Paul Zuvella posted:

It means a reporter asked him if he would consider waiving his no trade clause
No, it means LeBron's PR team is building good will by leaking that he won't waive his no-trade clause - for a trade no one asked about that the Cavs would never think of making. Kyrie's character is further slaughtered by the comparison

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Wrong

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/889512805254045696

👀👀👀

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Pretty much the only way this works is if OKC gives them Adams or New York is willing to take Kanter, neither of which I see happening

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Does anyone still have the MS Paint of Ginobili flopping on a bunch of apples after a kid poked him?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

A turd circling a toilet bowl forever.

Russ would absolutely murder Melo for lack of effort, I can't see that working anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

Pretty much the only way this works is if OKC gives them Adams or New York is willing to take Kanter, neither of which I see happening

Never doubt the stupidity of the Knicks or prestis ability to rob a gm

Cool Buff Man posted:

A turd circling a toilet bowl forever.

Russ would absolutely murder Melo for lack of effort, I can't see that working anyways

I've always believed that's exactly what melo always needed

• Locked thread