Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Freak Futanari posted:

I really wish i hadn't funded the kickstarter at soundtrack tier

The grubbels stuff doesnt appeal to me much but overall I think the music has actually been really good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Trust in Toby †

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

LOL 17776 HAS ALREADY BEEN EDITED INTO THE WIKI PAGE FOR THE LIVERMORE LIGHTBULB
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

WAIT this bulb was also featured in Gravity's Rainbow yet there is no mention of it in the WIki what the hell

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
On the subject of things that aren't Homestuck but feel like it, I have been listening to a ton of music from Starship Amazing lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukdKFWPZTMU

The fakebit sound feels just like the heyday of Homestuck and gives me the warm fuzzies inside. You can click through any of their other albums in related videos and get the same effect.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i came seeing a lot of new posts expecting homestuck news, and was pleasantly surprised to find none :)

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Hussie is like the new-media Velvet Underground in that he's talented but the people he influences are the ones who are gonna make better, more accessible stuff

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clawtopsy posted:

i came seeing a lot of new posts expecting homestuck news, and was pleasantly surprised to find none :)

you were not surprised.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Peanut Butler posted:

Hussie is like the new-media Velvet Underground in that he's talented but the people he influences are the ones who are gonna make better, more accessible stuff

are you saying cohen is going to be better than hussie lol

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

are you saying cohen is going to be better than hussie lol

Did you just forget that Toby Fox exists?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

yes

Also, what is your favorite unused track, thread? For me, it is The Blind Prophet.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Stress is a really good track and i'm still disappointed it was never used. Walk-Stab-Walk and Superego share the second place

WARNING!!! JOKE OPTION: Elevatorstuck

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Trepidation by far

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

maou shoujo posted:

On the subject of things that aren't Homestuck but feel like it, I have been listening to a ton of music from Starship Amazing lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukdKFWPZTMU

The fakebit sound feels just like the heyday of Homestuck and gives me the warm fuzzies inside. You can click through any of their other albums in related videos and get the same effect.

Oh, man, this is a blast from the past. I remember Starship Amazing and finding it from the guy who did The Happy Video Game Nerd, and apparently they've put new stuff out and he's also rebranded the channel? This is a good day.

Well, a good day for things other than homestuck. What's the betting odds on it coming out this year currently?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Clawtopsy posted:

Also, what is your favorite unused track, thread? For me, it is The Blind Prophet.

prolly one of the "Doctor" remixes, idk

Spellman
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t2mZfHdXuM

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Clawtopsy posted:

yes

I've never seen anyone else mention Galaxy Hearts before, but I could listen to it on end for ages. It's hypnotic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQX0TWA_x6Q

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

yes

Valhalla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfERtD_Db_k

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Let's All Rock The Heist really belongs in a flash of the Midnight Crew Intermission.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Easy choice for me: Candles and Clockwork. It got a couple nice remixes at least.
Speaking of music, CaNMT Greatest Hits 2 comes out tomorrow. It is a collection of the best of the actually good songs since greatest hits one, so a good entry point for those looking to see what has been happening without wanting to wade through overly memey or shitposty songs.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

And it's out. It has a lot of good tracks and, inexplicably, my Beetleborgs parody track also made it on there.
https://coolandnewwebcomic.bandcamp.com/album/greatest-hits-2

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Clawtopsy posted:

Also, what is your favorite unused track, thread?

This question is insanely difficult because I'm a massive dork for homestuck's music so Imma go for a top 5 in no particular order:

Dance of Thorns, because goddamn Strife! is a baller album and really deserved more representation. Yeah I know this one technically got used, in the kickstarter video, but gently caress that, it deserved a proper place in the comic.
Lotus Bloom. This feels like something right out of a proper fantasy game like Zelda or some poo poo, maybe for a big important moment or critical narration or something. Like the lake makeout scene in Final Fantasy X, but less dumb. Or possibly even dumber, actually, this IS Homestuck after all.
Alternia. I used to imagine/hope that this track would feature in the very final scene/end credits for homestuck, because it has all the makings of a 'final' song and it's beautiful. Very soft and almost melancholy, perfect for a quiet credits roll.
Dawn of Man. I actually want to say "this entire album," to be honest, because it's criminal that not one track from MT&HK saw screentime in the comic proper, but if I had to pick just one track, it's probably this one. Although, Lies with the Sea is an extremely close second.
Conclude. Again, I kinda want to just nominate Vol. 10 in its entirety, here. It's a shame it was released so late in the comic's life that only two tracks were featured, because nearly every single track is deserving, but none moreso, I think, than the grand finale. This is REALLY the kind of song you'd see overlaid through the final scene of....not just a movie, but a SERIES of movies, that's how grand a sense of scale I feel from it. If the nigh-mythical epilogue ever happens I desperately hope this song is the framing device.

Honorable mentions:
Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse, on the name alone it's pure gold, and the song is pretty great too, very fun and upbeat and a total earworm.
Green Ghost, my personal favorite 'Doctor' cover. Woulda loved to hear this song in one of the meenahquest sequences if perhaps John had had a larger role to play in them.

OK done being a music nerd for now.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 23, 2017

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CidGregor posted:

Alternia. I used to imagine/hope that this track would feature in the very final scene/end credits for homestuck, because it has all the makings of a 'final' song and it's beautiful. Very soft and almost melancholy, perfect for a quiet credits roll.

I was genuinely surprised this was never used. It was such a massively popular, highly referenced track. I just assumed it hadn't been used closer to when it was released because Hussie was saving it for a credits/last hope before the end sort of track. I guess there's the epilo-hahahahaHAHAHA.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I don't think Whistling Jackhammer was used anywhere. It sounds like the title music to some great, non-existent SNES game.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ocean Starz Falling.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

For the opening credits, with vanilla ocean stars while the credits roll.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MS Paint is dead.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

First Flash dies, then Paint... we all know MSPA would be a product of its time but I didn't realise it'd happen so soon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Scarodactyl posted:

For the opening credits, with vanilla ocean stars while the credits roll.

I'd actually switch that, have regular ocean stars be used in the opening and ocean starz falling used for the climatic finish.

Also, R.I.P. ms paint, you made elementary school much more fun.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

it seems anything associated with homestuck must die, so hopefully i am next

or any art style shelby uses

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Y'all know exactly 0 of Homestuck's pages were actually made in MSPaint, right

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Plom Bar posted:

uh but the site's called MS Paint Adventures????? checkmate bjtic fcukres

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

MS Paint is dead.

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/889551620098281472

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Plom Bar posted:

Actually I drew several of my Openbound pixel art assets in MSpaint for kicks.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I wonder if there were ever any legal difficulties in calling his series "MS Paint Adventures"? I guess the actual products were Homestuck and Problem Sleuth, so that might not have been a problem, but still.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i think if there was some sort of property infringement issue, it would probably be from including iron man or ghostbusters or any of the other good posters john had

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's called MS Paint Adventures because when you read it, you'll turn 360 degrees and MS Paint yourself adventuring to a better website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Freak Futanari posted:

It's called MS Paint Adventures because when you read it, you'll turn 360 degrees and MS Paint yourself adventuring to a better website

Turning around 360 degrees would be a complete circle so you would be in the same place.