Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

This is my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Decebal posted:

What about us loyal book fans ?

BURN 'EM ALL! :kingsley:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
hell, same

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

proof of concept posted:

I hope a giant steps on some more people.

I hope cersei sits on my face

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ArmZ posted:

I hope cersei sits on my face

same but marge tyrell :rip:

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the hound looking at the fire was like the laziest writing i've ever seen

if anyone could spend 5 seconds staring at a fire and see a huge in-depth vision I'm pretty sure those red priests would have basically taken over the world in a few weeks

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

the hound looking at the fire was like the laziest writing i've ever seen

if anyone could spend 5 seconds staring at a fire and see a huge in-depth vision I'm pretty sure those red priests would have basically taken over the world in a few weeks

As the red-headed priestess showed, sometimes their magic works and sometimes it doesn't. It's a crap shoot.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Goddammit I dunno if I should watch this or Phelps swim against a great white shark

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Gonna watch this trash live. Is ballers good?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
loving Danny is an idiot and she is bullying Varys.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I hope Smash Mouth has a cameo this episode.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Saalkin posted:

Gonna watch this trash live. Is ballers good?

It's ok

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bert Roberge posted:

I hope Smash Mouth has a cameo this episode.

Whoa, crazy how this actually happened

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Theon jumping off that ship was the greatest moment in this entire loving show

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

the midget and his midget gf joust each other while riding pigs in the books

just a reminder of how great a writer grrm is

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

facebook jihad posted:

Theon jumping off that ship was the greatest moment in this entire loving show

He's just like this show loving sucks! I'm out

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
they are so determined to be edgy and have no nice things happen that they refuse to move the plot along.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Gay Horney posted:

they are so determined to be edgy and have no nice things happen that they refuse to move the plot along.

remember when daenerys, a/the main character of the entire series spent weeks/months getting raped as a 12 year old

just ignore that part because of how great a writer grrm is.

he shat and shat and shat some more

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I'm digging the human waste to food scene transitions they've had for the first two episodes of the season. Pus counts as human waste, right?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gay Horney posted:

I feel like this episode did ok at moving the plot for an episode that isn't 9 or 10 in a season

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Next ep Gendry rows on by to pick up Alfie.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Was the greyjoy girl hanging on the bow of the ship at the end or am I reading too much into things?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I've always thought they did a pretty good job casting Theon. The way they shoot him sure does make him look like the product of inbreeding. I haven't read the books, but I figure all the characters are supposed to be products of inbreeding, just not to the same level as the Lannister kids.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

facebook jihad posted:

Was the greyjoy girl hanging on the bow of the ship at the end or am I reading too much into things?

It was Bad Poosie and Other Sand Girl.

Elder Sandy and Greyjoy were caprtured I think.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Macasaurus posted:

remember when daenerys, a/the main character of the entire series spent weeks/months getting raped as a 12 year old

just ignore that part because of how great a writer grrm is.

he shat and shat and shat some more

there have been 214 acts of rape in Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series, and 117 rape victims.

In contrast, on the show, there have been 50 acts of rape, and 29 victims. (A comparison between a 1,7770,000-word book series and just under 50 hours of TV might seem hard to make in some ways, but it is worth noting that, story-wise, by the end of season five both the books and the show will be at a similar point.)

George R. R. Martin posted:

if you're going to write about war, and you just want to include all the cool battles and heroes killing a lot of orcs and things like that and you don't portray [sexual violence], then there's something fundamentally dishonest about that. Rape, unfortunately, is still a part of war today. It's not a strong testament to the human race, but I don't think we should pretend it doesn't exist. I want to portray struggle. Drama comes out of conflict. If you portray a utopia, then you probably wrote a pretty boring book.

He argued that the books, despite the fantasy elements,

quote:

reflect a patriarchal society based on the Middle Ages. The Middle Ages were not a time of sexual egalitarianism. It was very classist, dividing people into three classes. And they had strong ideas about the roles of women. One of the charges against Joan of Arc that got her burned at the stake was that she wore men’s clothing—that was not a small thing.

quote:

Most stories depict what I call the ‘Disneyland Middle Ages’—there are princes and princesses and knights in shining armor, but they didn’t want to show what those societies meant and how they functioned.

So yeah, dany got raped and so did loads of other women in the books and untold millions in the actual historical middle ages, get over it.

Kromlech fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 24, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kromlech posted:

there have been 214 acts of rape in Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series, and 117 rape victims.

In contrast, on the show, there have been 50 acts of rape, and 29 victims. (A comparison between a 1,7770,000-word book series and just under 50 hours of TV might seem hard to make in some ways, but it is worth noting that, story-wise, by the end of season five both the books and the show will be at a similar point.)

Picturing rainman only instead of counting matchsticks or w/e he is countin' rapes.

:tvtropes:

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Kromlech posted:

the actual historical middle ages, get over it.

lol holey fuuuuck

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

i like euron better now that he kills sand snakes

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
how do you have more instances of rape than rape victims

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

drowned in pussy juice posted:

how do you have more instances of rape than rape victims

The same people got raped more than once I mean it's pretty simple if you think about it for like half a second

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Dubplate Fire posted:

He's just like this show loving sucks! I'm out

Haha

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Dany: i want to not wreck poo poo
Olenna: nah its good wreck poo poo
Dany: k

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

whoflungpoop posted:

Yeah he was one of the few really havin fun in this episode and is growing on me.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Yeah he was one of the few really havin fun in this episode and is growing on me.

I like the aging rockstar look that wardrobe has given him. That leather jacket with 5 pointed stars punched all over was pretty sweet.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

facebook jihad posted:

nah fam, it was the two sand snakes Euron wrecked. Each attached to the ship by their weapons of choice. I'm pretty sure Ellaria Sand and the other sand snake (maybe Yara as well, this one not too sure) will be given to the Mountain Cersei to do with as she pleases.

whoflungpoop posted:

:agreed:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

whoflungpoop posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
who remembers the part of tonights episode where they literally read a tumblr quote about pronouns as dialogue

if the guy with 200 rape fantasies actually wrote that in his books 20 years ago color me surprised and wrong