Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BiggerBoat posted:

You're right. I'm sorry.

Spiderman 1 would have been way cooler if they'd done the Jackel and cloned Peter and Gwen during an opening credits montage. Open with Peter crying at Gwen Stacy's grave. Then have secret wars for the whole second act and the black suit and Venom for the third. Movie ends with a red symbiote crash landing in a jail cell on death row. Follow it up with a few post credits stingers where the Sinister Six are sitting in a high rise office surrounded by cigar smoke and then have Mephisto walk in to Peter's bedroom offering to make a deal.

I'm thinking Batman Begins would really have benefited having from having Joker murder Robin right after Bruce meets Gordon for the first time in a jarring, non-connected edit, introducing Nightwing about half way through the film while Batman gets his back broken and then Azrael takes over a final showdown with Scarecrow, Bane, Joker and Penguin in the third act. Put some Riddler trophies in there and have subplot of Gordon cheating on his wife. Post credits have Barbara Gordon's doorbell ring and her opening it to reveal Joker.

Let's move this poo poo along.

You say this but Spider-Man literally did Green Goblin throwing Gwen(MJ) off the bridge and getting impaled in the first movie, a story that the book built up to for a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Retardog posted:

Is it just the lighting or are the star and the Avengers logo missing from Cap's top? It'd be a pretty slick way to show the Nomad path he's on

He's now Punished Cap, a Man Without A County.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

McCloud posted:

Thor 1 and 2 did.

Look, I love giant pecs and washboard abs as much as the next guy (probably more), but that doesn't make someone interesting or engaging, just hot. The man might look good shirtless, but his delivery of his lines is This movies saving grace is the supporting cast that can help carry the movie, so it's not just reliant on the dullest of the Avengers (which is a feat, when you consider Hawkguy and Vision)

I'm not sure how a list of dullest Avengers includes Hawkeye and not War Machine, but it confirms how wrong you are.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

War Machine dropped a tank on the general's lawn and said "You looking for this?"

Hawkeye can't even finish the bathroom.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

WHOAAAAAAAAAA-OH-OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZAHk0g-Nfk&t=74s

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

This makes Bucky Winter Ocelott?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

This makes Bucky Winter Ocelott?

Stucky confirmed.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is Falcon then Kaz?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You say this but Spider-Man literally did Green Goblin throwing Gwen(MJ) off the bridge and getting impaled in the first movie, a story that the book built up to for a decade.

Good job missing my entire point there but way to cherry pick.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't miss your point, and you did worse than cherry pick, you just made poo poo up, saying that stupid poo poo you just made up would be equivalent to a time travel story involving characters who have all already been set up in multiple movies.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
You picked a bad movie to defend a bad movie. It's okay to like bad things. Most of wb is bad. That's okay.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Flashpoint is a bad story and that's why I don't want it adapted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

This.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Hulk seems to be playing Daredevil in this poster.

I'm hyped as hell for Thor, but are we supposed to know who the lady on "the team" is?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Seriously, the last thing this DC universe needs is an even darker tone.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Hulk seems to be playing Daredevil in this poster.

I'm hyped as hell for Thor, but are we supposed to know who the lady on "the team" is?

It's Valkyrie, and she's only in this movie so far.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Roth posted:

What Flash story would you rather have adapted for his first solo outing in the DCEU?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teagone posted:

What Flash story would you rather have adapted for his first solo outing in the DCEU?

Howabout they not adapt something and go with an original story like they did with MoS and WW?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

teagone posted:

Something very like Flash and Substance. Aquaman can sub for Orion.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

teagone posted:

I'd like a nice story about Flash stopping the Rogues from robbing some banks. Doesn't have to be an adaptation of any specific story.

If I had to pick, I think a loose adaptation of Rogue War would be more interesting to me than Flashpoint.

This is assuming that they're actually going with the general premise of Flashpoint, because the main thing that kills my interest in that is the fact that the Rogues are thousands of times better than any evil Speedster.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Like maybe Flash being a human person and stopping the rogues from stealing some diamnods or.something fun?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But I don't give a gently caress if some people steal some diamonds. Let them.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Hell, have it be that cold has gotten sick of just robbery and is inspired by luthor. Make him step his game up and the rogues are his muscle. Heck, have it so one betrays him because it feels like cold is violating their code of honour.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm a little annoyed that the Infinity Gauntlet isn't just Thanos's glove, but oh well. Can't have everything, I guess.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Beachcomber posted:

Something very like Flash and Substance. Aquaman can sub for Orion.
But that was Wally drat it!! :argh:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

That's okay, they're basically just writing Barry with Wally's personality in the DCEU anyway.

Also, the comics less so built up to Gwen's death for years and more Gerry Conway decided he liked Mary Jane as his love interest better so he decided to kill Gwen off to ruin the competition.

That's it.

There was no plan, no longer deeper game.

Guy killed off Spider-man's girlfriend and biggest villain because he preferred another ship.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Spider-Man's entire history could have been altered if he just preferred blonds.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

achillesforever6 posted:

If there's one thing DC knows how to do it's poo poo on Wally because Barry is iconic while constantly stapling Wally's poo poo onto Barry to make people like him.

teagone posted:

Terminal Velocity would probably be really good as a standalone adaptation if you swap out Kobra for The Rogues. It touches on poo poo like romance, action, exploration of The Flash's powers and the consequences and benefits to them, blah blah. It's not quite the best Flash story ever but it's in the top 5, too. Use Out of Time (Flash #91) as a reference point for the first part of the movie while trimming the extra speedsters for the sake of the greater moving going audience.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 24, 2017

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

teagone posted:

A loose adaptation of Flash of Two Worlds, in which the villain of the film is sociopathic mass murderer Barry Allen (Grant Gustin).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

leaked images from Captain Marvel

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I wish we could just have Wally. I don't see what's so wrong with him. Or rather I don't see what's so right with Barry.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, ideally we could have both.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The best influence Barry can have on a Flash story is to be dead.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The Flash, maybe even more than Supes, is the guy who's right there when you need him to lend a hand. He should save kittens, help an old lady with her groceries, help a Jr. High track girl with her running form (she will have an obvious crush). Flash's life is a blur, except when he slows down to human speed. His whole life is basically fastforwarding to the good parts.

Not sure what I'm trying to say, exactly, but Flash and 'bodycount' don't really go together. Something low stakes with a daring daylight robbery being foiled by the scarlet speedster. Make every scene in the movie take place during the day.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SonicRulez posted:

The best influence Barry can have on a Flash story is to be dead.

The best Barry is in Return of Barry Allan

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How do villains usually defeat teh Flash?

How do you defeat someone that is fast enough to travel through time

By the time your body moves a millimeter he could have dressed you up like a girl, put you in a nice wig with some nice makeup and made sweet sweet love to your behind a thousand times over

sorry, i need to stop including my fetish in my posts on SA

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Saw Valerian tonight, still not sure how I feel about it. I think I hated about half of it? The only sequence in the film I can praise without caveat is the handshake montage in the very beginning. Everyone raves about the visuals, and that's definitely deserved, but they couldn't make up for the atrocious acting from Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne. DeHaan especially, it's almost impressive how unlikable he is in this film. When he's not sleazing his way through his scenes with Delevingne, he's trudging through his lines with all the gusto of a bored high-school drama student. Delevingne isn't nearly as bad, she's just not a particularly good actor. That said, I think she would have been fine if she'd had anyone other than DeHaan to play off of. The brief instances where she takes the lead and DeHaan is nowhere to be found are by far the high points of the film. The two have absolutely zero chemistry and I can't rationalize how they were so badly miscast. Someone in this thread (or maybe the Greenlight thread) mentioned that DeHaan acts like a douchey PUA in the film, and that's spot-on.

It's a shame because Besson does a wonderful job setting up the universe, to the point where I almost wish they'd just recast and move forward with a sequel.

ed: I completely forgot Rihanna's character. She's introduced with a completely bonkers burlesque scene that grinds the movie to a halt, goes on for like three minutes, and only serves to show how that her character can shapeshift. Then she's unceremoniously killed off as soon as she's served her purpose (by a wound that you never see nor was even hinted at). It's such a laughably transparent "Hey look at the celebrity we got to cameo!" inclusion.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 24, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, DeHaan should not be a space Bond which I feel like they were going for. The romance is completely unearned and with zero chemistry between the two. Plus a huge amount of the plot is telegraphed if anyone has ever seen a movie before.

The Alien designs were really cool though.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I'm shocked that pairing the worst actor in the Amazing Spider-Man films with the worst actor in Suicide Squad resulted in a bad film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know, I'd watch a sci-fi romance between Denis Leary and Joel Kinnaman.

• Locked thread