Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
NY better be willing to take Kanter and a McDermott/Pick or something to offload Melo wut?

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kanter, Singler, Ferguson, McDermott and a pick. Do it. I don't even particularly care for Melo anymore, but he is a weapon.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kanter seems like a lot to give up for melo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Where's Dolan on Gulenism

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Kanter seems like a lot to give up for melo.

Really? Enes "Can't Play" Kanter seems like too much to give up?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
If this is OKC's Farewell Tour of Relevance, I really hope it's as much Sam Presti's beautiful dark twisted fantasy as possible.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

Never doubt the stupidity of the Knicks or prestis ability to rob a gm

I've always believed that's exactly what melo always needed

Melo's wife just needs to fly over OKC in a jet to veto that poo poo.

zoux posted:

Where's Dolan on Gulenism

He's a ghoul,doh, he's on board

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

hahaha

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dolan likes to invent charges of alcoholism and other types of debauchery to defame his less-powerful critics so I'd put him more on the Erdogan side of the NBA's Gulen-Erdogan spectrum.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dexo posted:

NY better be willing to take Kanter and a McDermott/Pick or something to offload Melo wut?

That's the kind of stupid loving decision I could see the Knicks making yeah

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All I want for this Melo trade is to not receive a dumb as gently caress contract back in return because then just keep Melo wth

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kinda hard to trade a dumb as gently caress contract without taking back a slightly (more/less) dumb contract

Especially when Melo has refusal rights to keep him from going to a team dumb enough to trade anything of notable value.

https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/889540897527832576

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dispatches from the Musecage.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's going to happen guys

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I've found one of the worst reporter hot takes.
https://twitter.com/RemadnaWKRN/status/888760152010215424

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

leftist heap posted:

Really? Enes "Can't Play" Kanter seems like too much to give up?

You can play him a lot on the regular season and some playoff matchups

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

It's going to happen guys

Lol

euphronius posted:

You can play him a lot on the regular season and some playoff matchups

So can melo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kanter earns less . Tough to compare directly I guess they are different players .

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Knicks need guys that can play next to Zingis and Ntilikina(hopefully he works out)who won't take away from their development by taking tons of touches away from them.

Also THJ I suppose(though jesus that contract)

Melo takes touches away from them. Kanter not so much.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Kanter earns less . Tough to compare directly I guess they are different players .

You can play melo with Steven Adams, you can't play Kanter with Steven Adams.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dexo posted:

The Knicks need guys that can play next to Zingis and Ntilikina(hopefully he works out)who won't take away from their development by taking tons of touches away from them.

Melo's usage rate was 29.1% last year, Kanter's was 27.3%. He'll obviously have a lower impact because they just won't play him as much but Kanter doesn't have much value if he isn't chucking

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Please stop putting high usage bigs next to Zingis

Just have Hernangomez start next to him and just finally figure out if Zing is a 5 or 4 instead of this wafering bullshit Hornacek pulls.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Dexo posted:

I don't think you can play Kanter and Zingis together.

Melo at least spaces the floor for Zingis. Kanter can't even do that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is Lebron a Rocket yet

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tae posted:

Just have Hernangomez start next to him and just finally figure out if Zing is a 5 or 4 instead of this wafering bullshit Hornacek pulls.

Nothing wrong with putting a high usage big next to King Zing. He just needs to be able to catch the ball.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

Probably won't be able to confidently tell if the Zinger is a 4 or 5 until he's 23 or 24. Will take that long for his body to fully develop.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kyrie poo poo all over LeBron's plans

he saw Russ get Durant'd and said gently caress naw to that noise

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

PantsFreeZone posted:

I concur

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

James Jones was the glue holding the Cavs together

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

PantsFreeZone posted:

Winning MVP?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

E2M2 posted:

They got like 1.6 billion people, how do they have such lovely players?

Table tennis is extremely important.

Spite posted:

But that doesn't help them against GSW. I feel like Kyrie is actually a matchup problem in Cleveland's favor. Iguodala is the only person on GSW that can slow Kyrie down, but Iggy has to stay on Lebron.

Klay's been really good against CP3 and even Curry can hold his own at times. He won't be able to score enough to keep Cleveland in games.

CP3, Love, DJ, LBJ is a formidable quartet that would upgrade the Cavaliers a lot. CP3 may have the highest basketball IQ in the league.

Tae posted:

...DeAndre is not a threat.

DJ has four of the top seven eFG% seasons in NBA/ABA history:

code:
Player 			eFG% 	Season
Wilt Chamberlain 	.7270 	1972-73
DeAndre Jordan 		.7140 	2016-17
DeAndre Jordan 		.7107 	2014-15
DeAndre Jordan 		.7028 	2015-16
Wilt Chamberlain 	.6826 	1966-67
Tyson Chandler 		.6789 	2011-12
DeAndre Jordan 		.6757 	2013-14
Artis Gilmore 		.6703 	1980-81
Since 2009 when he entered the league only LBJ and Curry have better FG numbers than him.

code:
FGNP	Player
1546	LeBron James
1450	Stephen Curry
1301	DeAndre Jordan
1290	Dwight Howard
1065	Kevin Durant

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/889600621518757890

this is gonna be cool

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Rose and Carmelo need to go the CLE so the 2018 NBA finals looks closer to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yvmORtYbYk

Paul Zuvella posted:

Deandre may literally be the best finisher at the rim in the league.

He knows how to dunk and is hard to stop and he doesn't do tons of those dumb dunks that ricochet off the rim.

Mr. Mambold posted:

What if LeBron retires after this year? He brought a championship to Cleveland. What's he got left to prove?

He needs to win one dozen rings so that he can ascend to the top of Bill Simmons Hall of Fame Pyramid. Only then will some of the fatheads on TV be quelled.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

James Dolan’s MSG threatens to sue Steve Ballmer’s Los Angeles Clippers
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/james-dolan-msg-threatens-sue-133029840.html

"The grass is always greener on the other side."

Not just a quote about marijuana.

EvanTH posted:

I think it's telling that the biggest event in fight sports in the last several years is this joke of a contest between arguably the best boxer in history (49-0) and some famously mouthy guy who doesn't box...

Femur posted:

this is all staged drama because that poo poo sales.

poo poo is scripted

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Zogo posted:

Rose and Carmelo need to go the CLE so the 2018 NBA finals looks closer to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yvmORtYbYk

He knows how to dunk and is hard to stop and he doesn't do tons of those dumb dunks that ricochet off the rim.

He needs to win one dozen rings so that he can ascend to the top of Bill Simmons Hall of Fame Pyramid. Only then will some of the fatheads on TV be quelled.

Even then they'll just complain about superteams and the perceived poor quality of play in the league.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

:pray:

Intruder posted:

Is Lebron a Rocket yet

these things take time. it'll probably take morey at least three days to a week to trade for lebron in my expert opinion

Harden at the Drew League with Clipper Darrell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coMOWCN9vKI

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Houston Stripper Maliah Michel Responds to Drake 'Retiring' Her Jersey
https://www.yahoo.com/music/houston-stripper-maliah-michel-responds-160721130.html

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Even then they'll just complain about superteams and the perceived poor quality of play in the league.

That's true. Although it is much easier to prove that superteams have been around since the league's inception (and quality of play) compared to telling LBJ to go out and win a dozen rings.

John Kundla just died. He coached the Lakers/Gems superteams of the 1940s and 1950s:
http://www.kare11.com/sports/basketball-hall-of-famer-john-kundla-dies-at-101/459153013

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kyrie to Philly, who says no

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Mr. Mambold posted:

Kyrie to Philly, who says no

Kyrie, because he doesn't want to play with LeBron duh :mrapig:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'd laugh my rear end off if Kyrie was traded to the Sixers and then LeBron signs with them next year just to gently caress with him

• Locked thread