Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

hey I'm extremely familiar with the organization's that enact these policies and laws like WIOA that the existence of these organizations are based on., i'm cc. nice to meet you.

Don't I know you from the cinematographer's party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

the Dems don't hold office in France tho

yeah no we have macron, the idiot godking

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

quote:

"Here’s the number one lesson from Georgia Sixth," Schumer said in reference to the Democratic loss in the special election last week in Georgia's Sixth District outside Atlanta.

"Democrats need a strong, bold, sharp-edged and commonsense economic agenda -- policy, platform, message that appeal to the middle class...and unite Democrats," the Senate minority leader said.

A Better Deal posted:

Consumers should be able to choose from multiple types of corn.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

hey I'm extremely familiar with the organization's that enact these policies and laws like WIOA that the existence of these organizations are based on., i'm cc. nice to meet you.

5-6 billion dollars in grants spread out over several programs with no shared sense of direction won't be nearly enough and you know it.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

5-6 billion dollars in grants spread out over several programs with no shared sense of direction won't be nearly enough and you know it.

It's also just a continuation of the same policies we have been attempting for decades now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I really wish the U.S. had a multiparty system. The Democrats really are just socially liberal Republicans from the...2000s.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Chuck was a mistake

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Cornsumers.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

It's also just a continuation of the same policies we have been attempting for decades now.

The Obama administration's stimulus plan from 2009 ended up costing $831 billion dollars, and that wasn't even enough.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

well the press release said it would employ 1 million young americans, do you think they are being deliberately dishonest or just naive

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it would be a sweet irony of history if modern liberals were to define themselves with a set of corn laws

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

well the press release said it would employ 1 million young americans, do you think they are being deliberately dishonest or just naive

usually you're pretty good at this but

well the press release said

come on no one's buying that

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

steinrokkan posted:

i would love to see a jungle warfare campaign waged by sa goons

gonna be the master of un'goro

zegermans posted:

"we have to talk to the unconverted"

then don't go to fox news lol no one who watches fox exists in reality as poll after poll shows.

should replace fox's stream with https://youtu.be/_MDDGy0eOTo and see if anyone notices

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Devil is in the details, but you also know this.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

There'd be more economic stimulus and job hires if they just gave 1 million unemployed young americans 6,000 dollars each. It is absolutely a deliberately dishonest sales pitch to try and dupe the public into thinking they're being serious about the problem.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I really wish the U.S. had a multiparty system. The Democrats really are just socially liberal Republicans from the...2000s.

american flag motif parties

red, blue are already taken imo

only thing is left is white

and imo thats the red :yikes:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

zegermans posted:

ok but how is going on fox going to speak to them

it's not that's the point

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

loquacius posted:

Hilltwitter excerpts are actually one of my favorite things ITT

https://twitter.com/MrDane1982/status/889529017103265792

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

mama mia

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i should not be surprised that a fuckin' lanyard like cc is all in on this microwaved leftover horse poo poo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Identifying a political party as the extension of oneself is the apotheosis of identity politics.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Why do politicians like tax credits so much? I assume they see them similar to mail in rebates in that they hope most people won't use them?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Democrats are a fringe party and we should elect DSA members instead

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

"It is no great secret that without work, without education, people lose hope – and when people lose hope bad things happen. The time is long overdue for us to start investing in our young people, to help them get the jobs they need, to help them get the education they need and to help them get the job training they need so that they can be part of the middle class," Schumer said.

Grants totaling $4 billion would go to state and local governments to provide summer and year-round job opportunities for low-income youth, and to fund important services such as transportation or child care to help young Americans work.

Another $1.5 billion in competitive grants would go to states and local communities to provide on-the-job training and apprenticeship programs for low-income youth and disadvantaged young adults. Grant recipients would be encouraged to develop partnerships with employers, community colleges, community organizations and joint labor-management committees.

lol government grants for low-income youth summer jobs

that was Obama's "jobs" program

they're pitching the previous administration's policies now as part of their "better deal"

this is just sad

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do politicians like tax credits so much? I assume they see them similar to mail in rebates in that they hope most people won't use them?

because it maintains a toxic power relationship where the only legitimate power is the power of the private interests that have bought out our government

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

The power of private capital to maintain economic control can never be challenged, so the best you can ever hope to do is bribe them into doing the right thing.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Of course, they will just take the money and do what they want.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Taintrunner posted:

Democrats are a fringe party and we should elect DSA members instead

didn't a currently elected DSA member recently get primaried by an our revolution guy

idk Google searches trip over themselves with all those keywords

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if y'all don't wanna vote for Dems then don't vote for Dems it's incredibly easy and frees up one day every few years

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

"why make a law saying rich people have to do X, when we can just pay them to voluntarily do X instead and then maybe they won't fund an ad campaign against us?"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

logikv9 posted:

if y'all don't wanna vote for Dems then don't vote for Dems it's incredibly easy and frees up one day every few years

I said hey, is this my problem?
Is this my fault?
If that's the way it's going to be
I'm going to call the whole thing to a halt

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Of course, they will just take the money and do what they want.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

punk rebel ecks posted:

because they're paid to lower taxes on corporations and wealthy people, who are much more skilled at using the tax code to their benefit. it also makes it appear like they're not "spending" money which they are.

if you said "i will give a corporation 10,000 dollars per human being they employ in the solar industry" or "i will give telecoms a billion dollars for providing service to rural areas" it looks like you're both pro-corporate welfare and frivolous with taxpayer money, which appeals to no one. tax credits do the same exact thing, but are more obtuse and make it harder for people go to "zuhh you're just giving money to corporations since they're your friends and you're corrupt"

its basically a message/confusion thing and super technocratic and the definition of why people hate big government in the first place, the reason we're in this lovely mess.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Democratic Party 2020: You Don't Feel You Could Love Me But I Feel You Could

(Okay that one was cheating a little bit).

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

https://twitter.com/tresdessert/status/839531333525340160

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

*very Chuck Schumerishly*

People are frustrated with us for not clarifying what we stand for, so here's the Better Deal: Republicans are for tax cuts; but we're for tax breaks.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

*very Chuck Schumerishly*

People are frustrated with us for not clarifying what we stand for, so here's the Better Deal: Republicans are for tax cuts; but we're for tax breaks.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

my option isn't any of these things tho

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ben pack of giant bomb posted a link to DSA and someone posted this trash in the comments lol: http://www.centristproject.org/

why am i reminded of the "no labels" grift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
dems are fine on economic messaging and issues imo, they just have to swing right on social issues, stop alienating moderate suburban folks

• Locked thread