Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

dems are fine on economic messaging and issues imo, they just have to swing right on social issues, stop alienating moderate suburban folks

Christ man didn't typing that hurt?

edit new page post better slogans than the dems EVERY MAN A KING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
This post brought to you by the Third Way think tank

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/joss/status/888836492696723457

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do politicians like tax credits so much? I assume they see them similar to mail in rebates in that they hope most people won't use them?

Let me reiterate. I mean tax credits as in giving families discounts off of their healthcare payments and what not during tax season.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

GalacticAcid posted:

hahahhhh this is perfectly engineered to catalyze the worst takes imaginable on twitter

You sure he won't be busy visiting his wife in jail. You crazy Bernie, everything is free when you and your wife steal it !!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

GalacticAcid posted:

dems are fine on economic messaging and issues imo, they just have to swing right on social issues, stop alienating moderate suburban folks

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/796229362643152896t

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

Let me reiterate. I mean tax credits as in giving families discounts off of their healthcare payments and what not during tax season.

anime was right nailed it here. giving people money directly would just be decried as more welfare handouts.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

ben pack of giant bomb posted a link to DSA and someone posted this trash in the comments lol: http://www.centristproject.org/

why am i reminded of the "no labels" grift

a Fulchrum Strategy eh

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GalacticAcid posted:

hahahhhh this is perfectly engineered to catalyze the worst takes imaginable on twitter

https://twitter.com/puzzlepiece10/status/889544796326567937
https://twitter.com/queent631/status/889548997895106560
https://twitter.com/amyeve/status/889545447152304128
https://twitter.com/REOSTREETGANG/status/889557479524188160

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There'd be more economic stimulus and job hires if they just gave 1 million unemployed young americans 6,000 dollars each. It is absolutely a deliberately dishonest sales pitch to try and dupe the public into thinking they're being serious about the problem.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i should not be surprised that a fuckin' lanyard like cc is all in on this microwaved leftover horse poo poo.

Main Paineframe posted:

lol government grants for low-income youth summer jobs

that was Obama's "jobs" program

they're pitching the previous administration's policies now as part of their "better deal"

this is just sad

whoops, sorry guys. made a typo in my post earlier, turns out it's a bernie sanders press release from a few days ago and the dem better deal proposal is nearly identical to it except the better deal uses the DoL instead of the states

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

it's easier to administer. we already have a vast tax calculation and collection bureaucracy, and it's been a vehicle for secret subsidies and payoffs of all sorts for decades, so it's real easy to just slip another one in there. also, that way it only pays out once a year, which has several significant benefits for the government and the rich at the expense of the poor

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

my option isn't any of these things tho

just giving you a glimpse into the future of the suck zone as cc, zegermans, bip roberts, wiskey juvenile, and fits my needs learn of the dems' fate in 2018.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

she posted, wearing a unionist uniform without any self-awareness

and lol at the careful selection of wuerker cartoons

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Concerned Citizen posted:

whoops, sorry guys. made a typo in my post earlier, turns out it's a bernie sanders press release from a few days ago and the dem better deal proposal is nearly identical to it except the better deal uses the DoL instead of the states

lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

Christ man didn't typing that hurt?

edit new page post better slogans than the dems EVERY MAN A KING

name me one Democrat politician who would have a song made for them if they got shot today

https://youtu.be/czucqvV_dz4

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

uh, okay? it's still garbage, no matter who wrote it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
shocker, bernie panders is a backsliding liberal

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wowza, problematic!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"It is no great secret that without work, without education, people lose hope – and when people lose hope bad things happen. The time is long overdue for us to start investing in our young people, to help them get the jobs they need, to help them get the education they need and to help them get the job training they need so that they can be part of the middle class," Schumer said.

Grants totaling $4 billion would go to state and local governments to provide summer and year-round job opportunities for low-income youth, and to fund important services such as transportation or child care to help young Americans work.

Another $1.5 billion in competitive grants would go to states and local communities to provide on-the-job training and apprenticeship programs for low-income youth and disadvantaged young adults. Grant recipients would be encouraged to develop partnerships with employers, community colleges, community organizations and joint labor-management committees.

WASHINGTON — Federal job training programs will see their biggest overhaul in 16 years after President Obama put his signature Tuesday on a law intended to streamline a tangled web of programs.

It's the first major rewrite of federal job training programs since Congress passed the Workforce Development Act in 1998 — when Netscape was the Web browser of choice, résumés were on paper and largely sent in the mail and newspaper want ads were the primary way of learning of job openings.

"Even back then, even in 1998, our economy was changing," Obama said. "The notion that a high school education could get you a good job and that you'd keep that job until retirement wasn't a reality for the majority of people."

The 1998 law was scheduled to be renewed in 2003. Since then, government auditors have found a sprawling network of overlapping and duplicate job training programs. As of 2011, the federal government spent $18 billion a year on 47 separate job training programs run by nine different agencies, according to the Government Accountability Office.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

obama's presidency: $18 billion/year for job training

2017 dems: $5.5 billion will do the trick!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

uh, okay? it's still garbage, no matter who wrote it

CC has been doing this "Heh i'll own those BernieBros if I show kinda similar stuff the Dems do too" schtick for months now. It's godawful, but it's really funny to see him squirm around.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

luv 2 train jobs

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and for old times' sake:

"hey everybody i'm concerned citizen and i have no defense of the things shumer and pelosi are touting because the idea of sending a corporation a questionnaire about why their drugs cost so much and being able to buy fifteen hundred varieties of corn at whole foods gets me rock hard."

EDIT: as does orphan death."

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Keith Ellison and Tom Perez are practically the same! :smug:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Main Paineframe posted:

lol government grants for low-income youth summer jobs

that was Obama's "jobs" program

they're pitching the previous administration's policies now as part of their "better deal"

this is just sad

i can't wait for that $11 minimum wage hike over 8 years

give😍 me 💋 more 😘 incrementalism 😍💋😘

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

well the press release said it would employ 1 million young americans, do you think they are being deliberately dishonest or just naive

a press release being overly optimistic? :monocle:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tired: questionaire for high drug prices
wired: violent catholic church style inquisition torturing drug company execs for answers as to why the prices are so high

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

did you know a drug can increase by 2x in price in a year and that's ok and not gouging according to the dems? the letter is only necessary if you're raising drug prices more than 100% in a year or 300% over 5 years. cept if it's in the upper half of pricier drugs where the rules change somewhat and you can't gouge people as fast

but wait! you can bump one of your cheaper drugs into that upper half and bump one of your older drugs out of the upper half maybe and then you can raise the price by 100% a year/300% per 5 years!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Frijolero posted:

CC has been doing this "Heh i'll own those BernieBros if I show kinda similar stuff the Dems do too" schtick for months now. It's godawful, but it's really funny to see him squirm around.

it's the exact same proposal, not "kinda similar." the party literally took a bill bernie was writing and made it one of the centerpieces of their better deal

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

it's the exact same proposal, not "kinda similar." the party literally took a bill bernie was writing and made it one of the centerpieces of their better deal

taking a small time youth jobs bill bernie wrote and making it the centerpiece of your "bold" platform isn't a smart idea cc. it's actually really idiotic

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
dems: down w mergers n redundant data centers
suck zone: down w the 1%
galacticacid: down w the kulaks

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i should not be surprised that a fuckin' lanyard like cc is all in on this microwaved leftover horse poo poo.

CC was just joking right? He does not think this proposal is good for real?

Please God someone tell me this is not real

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Wow. I'm not sure if me, the communist, can fully support Bernie Sanders anymore.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

This isn't the first time you concern-troll over some bullshit.

Condiv posted:

taking a small time youth jobs bill bernie wrote and making it the centerpiece of your "bold" platform isn't a smart idea cc. it's actually really idiotic

This too. Bernie sponsors poo poo like that on the daily. For the Dem leadership it took months of dragging rear end to make breadcrumbs their centerpiece lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
CC is intentionally conflating the fact that Sanders introduced a piece of legislation with the launch of a big new messaging campaign by the Dems. The contrast, of course, is that Sanders' messaging isn't limited or even focused on this single piece of legislation. It's apples to oranges.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
cuck schumer

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

CC is intentionally conflating the fact that Sanders introduced a piece of legislation with the launch of a big new messaging campaign by the Dems. The contrast, of course, is that Sanders' messaging isn't limited or even focused on this single piece of legislation. It's apples to oranges.

strange how it seems like Sanders is the only guy doing a substantial amount of action 🤔

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

and for old times' sake:

"hey everybody i'm concerned citizen and i have no defense of the things shumer and pelosi are touting because the idea of sending a corporation a questionnaire about why their drugs cost so much and being able to buy fifteen hundred varieties of corn at whole foods gets me rock hard."

EDIT: as does orphan death."

I got a Better Deal for ya, what if instead of just letting Amazon buy out Whole Foods without consequence, we also gave them a very strong talking to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raise taxes on the rich and the corporations

• Locked thread