Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Maybe they'll introduce the horn and it's actually just a giant dragon whistle that makes a dragon stop and be like "yo wtf was that noise" for just long enough that Cersei can smirk and pull the trigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

"Our leather clad army with spears and horsemen wearing..uh well some of them have shirts...will lay siege to this city here in the middle of winter." ~ Tyrion Lannister greatest military advisor in westeros

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There is literally no logical reason why Dany and her 4 different armies and 3 dragons shouldn't have just stomped all over Cersei in a week, so the plot has to make up a bunch of bullshit to even the odds.

I thought Tyrion's counter argument was pretty weak, cause people are going to die horribly regardless, because it's loving war. Yara was smart, just go take King's Landing right now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I expected the force of the ballista bolt to completely shatter the skull so when it only slightly impaled it I was deeply unimpressed.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I expected the force of the ballista bolt to completely shatter the skull so when it only slightly impaled it I was deeply unimpressed.

Well, you see, this is just a prototype. If you commit to a purchase of at least 500, that will fund additional R&D.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

Nail Rat posted:

I dunno I feel like the prospect of hitting a dragon with a ballista is rather unlikely. Those things are slow to aim and dragons are fast and move in 3 dimensions.

If the dragon is coming at you head on you can't miss.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

FogHelmut posted:

why do you think they call him The Crow's Eye ?

Have they ever actually called him The Crow's Eye on this show as he isn't even missing an eye like he is in the books.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The next block update includes the ability to reload it and traverse up and down and side to side instead of waiting for the target to stand in front of it.

We're a hundred billion crowns over budget but you can ignore the looming threat of global cooling and borrow foreign money from the iron bank.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Littlefinger is probably the worst character in the show, I mean the dude is a creepy retard who just needlessly antagonizes powerful people. Which is pretty much the opposite of what he is in the books, in the books everyone likes him and Jaime even thinks that he would make a great hand of the king. The weirdest thing is that Aidan Gillen isn't a lovely actor either in other shows. His character in The Wire pretty much is book Littlefinger and he was brilliant as being superficially extremely charming but underneath a real shithead.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Nail Rat posted:

I dunno I feel like the prospect of hitting a dragon with a ballista is rather unlikely. Those things are slow to aim and dragons are fast and move in 3 dimensions.

Get him while they're hovering.

I played Skyrim, I am a dragon killing expert.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Global Cooling? I'm sweating my nads off today.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

rest of the season should be just sam cleaning poop

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

banned from Starbucks posted:

"Our leather clad army with spears and horsemen wearing..uh well some of them have shirts...will lay siege to this city here in the middle of winter." ~ Tyrion Lannister greatest military advisor in westeros

His suggestion was the opposite of that.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Golli posted:

Global Cooling? I'm sweating my nads off today.

If winter is coming, why are dragons melting me alive? Checkmate, liberals.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rated PG-34 posted:

rest of the season should be just sam cleaning poop

That would true to the source material.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Lycus posted:

He knows that Casterly Rock has many, many shirts and cloaks for them to commandeer.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Tyrion speaking up for Jon sounded like C3po making the case for R2 in a new hope. "I've worked with him before"

I've waited like 20 years for them to acknowledge they liked each other in the books and would be bro's. In the show it passed by in seconds. After all this waiting for actual plot details I felt like I should pause it just to soak it in. Also Arya hearing about how Jon is king in the north. Watching this poo poo is like beer bonging the plot at this point. Ugh, at least it's better than the alternative of nothing ever being released.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Littlefinger is probably the worst character in the show, I mean the dude is a creepy retard who just needlessly antagonizes powerful people. Which is pretty much the opposite of what he is in the books, in the books everyone likes him and Jaime even thinks that he would make a great hand of the king. The weirdest thing is that Aidan Gillen isn't a lovely actor either in other shows. His character in The Wire pretty much is book Littlefinger and he was brilliant as being superficially extremely charming but underneath a real shithead.

The issue is that they simplified all the narratives in the show so much, that there simply is no plotting or intrigue after season 4. It's comically bad people being comically bad until they get dick slapped by the very good people or vice versa.

On some GoT podcast they said that Aiden Gillen has hinted at his displeasure with the writing in the later seasons, so that might be a reason why he is going to get the Selmy treatment of an unfulfilling death

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

There's also something pretty hilarious about a large portion of Dany's fleet sailing all the way around Westeros to attack a castle that's right next to the home base of their biggest naval rival when they're perfectly positioned to control King's Landing.

I guess the Redwyne fleet sailed off into book land a few seasons ago or something?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Tyrion is probably counting on dragonfire as a means to get whoever's the castellan at Casterly Rock to surrender, it will take years to starve the castle out. Alternatively Tyrion knows of some secret passages to sneak Greyworm through in a repeat of the conquest of Yunkai.

Though really Casterly Rock has never been visited in either book or show and I really doubt it will actually be attacked, it's sort of a recurring red herring.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

On some GoT podcast they said that Aiden Gillen has hinted at his displeasure with the writing in the later seasons, so that might be a reason why he is going to get the Selmy treatment of an unfulfilling death

Thats the problem trying to adapt 500 page books to 1 hour TV. He had a good couple seasons but now all he does is smirk mischieviously and get tossed around.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lycus posted:

It was to send them casterly rock which i would assume has walls

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Constant posted:

Thats the problem trying to adapt 500 page books to 1 hour TV. He had a good couple seasons but now all he does is smirk mischieviously and get tossed around.

If I were him I would definitely be questioning why they wrote me a scene where I'm supposed to get in Jon Snow's face and tell him that I want to gently caress his sister.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is Qyburn supposed to be so infallible? I mean, the dude made a Frankenmountain and stole all of Varys's spy network or something.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

banned from Starbucks posted:

It was to send them casterly rock which i would assume has walls

Tyrion was in charge of the sewers at Casterly Rock so they're gonna sneak the Unsullied past the walls by the sewers like they did in Meereen.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Tyrion is probably counting on dragonfire as a means to get whoever's the castellan at Casterly Rock to surrender, it will take years to starve the castle out. Alternatively Tyrion knows of some secret passages to sneak Greyworm through in a repeat of the conquest of Yunkai.

Though really Casterly Rock has never been visited in either book or show and I really doubt it will actually be attacked, it's sort of a recurring red herring.

I think the trailer implied they'll use secret passages.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Alternatively Tyrion knows of some secret passages to sneak Greyworm through in a repeat of the conquest of Yunkai.

Tyrion was Master of Cisterns, he knows all the pipes in Casterly rock. :eng101:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think my biggest gripe with this episode is that the pacing is just bizarre considering the fact that the show has already pretty much given up on the premise of a consistent timeline. Why do you need two super slow scenes of Dany and Jon each deliberating meeting the other? Just have the scene of Dany sending the summon and then in the next one have Jon and Davos right there with her, what did we get from the winterfell scenes except for poo poo we already know and had hammered into our heads in the first episode, Littlefinger is creep, Sansa is passive-aggressive, Jon is just an all around good guy who makes rational decisions because "I've seen the army of the dead".

They've already cut down episodes, cut them even more ffs.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

I may have blinked and missed it, but was there ever any indication how Euron knew that the targets he aimed to take would be on that boat sailing in that direction, other than he had read the script?

There's only one way to go around Westeros. Presumably Yara is still on Yara's personal ship, so it wouldn't be that hard to find in the day so uh... I guess he's really good at his job.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Jon actually repeated the exact same lines twice in that scene. I thought my HBO now app was stuttering. For only having 8 episodes there sure is a lot of wasted screen time, mostly talking about the grey worm poo poo. 10 min's of is he gonna eat the pussy/am I gonna have to see a mangled dick. My wife was like, oh man they are gonna show it, and I'm like naaa....wait poo poo it's hbo. I was pleasantly surprised.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I needed to see Grey Worms grey worm

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Grey Worm is being awfully nice for a guy who strangled a puppy.

I don't remember if the show has said anything about the Unsullied castration, but I was under the impression that they'd removed both penis and the balls.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sleeping with dogs is a lot less lethal than throwing a kid to the sea, I bet there are way more unsullied who were scared of dogs and cockroaches than there are those who feared heights and water.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

TeaJay posted:

Grey Worm is being awfully nice for a guy who strangled a puppy.

I don't remember if the show has said anything about the Unsullied castration, but I was under the impression that they'd removed both penis and the balls.

they have to keep the balls or the Unsullied will just be a bunch of Varys looking guys

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

My fear...its uh keeping my dick. Yup thats def the worst thing that could happen to me. Also big titted women

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

they have to keep the balls or the Unsullied will just be a bunch of Varys looking guys

They are castrated root and stem - but probably have a great steroid program to make up for that. In the books it's even mentioned that they are individually not as strong as "real man", but make up for it with discipline.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It wouldn't be an issue this whole time for bangin' if he still had the dingus. I don't know if guys with a dick but no balls can orgasm, but Greyworm is limited to butt orgasms.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Next week's food jumpcut is gonna be from someone eating a sausage to Missy pegging GW.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Missandei's tits looked suspicious. CGI suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

esperterra posted:

Missandei's tits looked suspicious. CGI suspicious.

Was kinda thinking same thing.

• Locked thread