Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

gently caress it, I'd buy a Ken Penders print if I could decide what it was.

Yeah ok

Ah yes another excellent work in the 'NES Box Art' style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I played Sonic 3 Complete yesterday and it was really cool. Got all the way to Sandopolis Zone before the Punjabi Prison match started.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

do you guys think maria would have grown up to be a mad scientist like her cousin and her grandfather, had she not been brutally murdered

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

anyway heres a cute picture of shadow and maria i found

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That's really good. Thanks for posting :)

Hey everyone I hope you're having a great day and not letting the rain get you down. I have a wonderful idea for you all for a delightful experience we can have together next month.

I ask that you all start collecting your sonic gifs like they're rings so next month on sonic day I'll hit the thread with a robotnik tv and we can drop them all here as the game unlocks and we can enjoy our sonic appreciation as a sonic family.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/SonicWindBlue/status/889502304906465280

Direct feed screenshot of the Special Stage.

Botman
Mar 3, 2006
DASH DASH DASH!!!!

God, you can see it. You can SEE the connection.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Botman posted:

At first I thought Sonic was absentmindedly gazing into space, but then I realized he's actually using one eye to look at each kid, like some kind of predatory bird, or lizard.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I feel like this is the result of someone making a wish on a monkey paw and not being exceedingly specific.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah ok

i had no idea that he was behind all of this garbage-rear end art in the beckett magazines i saw when i was a kid. god it explains so much

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

IIRC he did a good chunk of the incredible artwork for Archie's brief-lived NiGHTS comic mini-series as well.

The first three of the six adapted the game; the last three... were... wholly original work, to put it mildly.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

I played Sonic 3 Complete yesterday and it was really cool. Got all the way to Sandopolis Zone before the Punjabi Prison match started.

AND NOW I WILL ADDRESS MY PEOPLE, IN MY LANGUAGE OF PUNJABI

ਮੈਨੂੰ ਤੇਜ਼ੀ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਣਾ ਪਵੇਗਾ

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/889549948961738752

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Which of them is it?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yeah ok

I was just judging by some of the other stuff on his twitter. I stand corrected. :barf:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yuji naka

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Botman posted:

Fun fact: every time I see this image, I recoil in terror, hissing as my skin melts off.:shobon:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I am ready for Sonic to be good again. As cool as Flying Battery is, I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with Lava Reef, which is my all-time favorite Sonic level.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

I am ready for Sonic to be good again.
As cool as Flying Battery is, I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with Lava Reef, which is my all-time favorite Sonic level.

Well, they never said there would only be one zone per classic game. It could still happen.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Cool if that's the case, I just figured they were doing that since they've only shown one zone from each thus far (though I don't think I've seen whatever level from Sonic 3 they're using).

Is there a list of remixed zones out?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Cool if that's the case, I just figured they were doing that since they've only shown one zone from each thus far (though I don't think I've seen whatever level from Sonic 3 they're using).

Is there a list of remixed zones out?

So far we know of six levels. Remixes so far are Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Stardust Speedway and Flying Battery. New zones are Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hmm, I see, so that's Sonic 1, 2, CD, and Knuckles. Should be interesting to see what else they pick.

There's also a third new zone I think that just hasn't been named: the mechanical plant area in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvD8NZN9Zsg&t=44s

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

There's also a third new zone I think that just hasn't been named: the mechanical plant area in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvD8NZN9Zsg&t=44s
That's Stardust Speedway.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm curious to see how, or if, they handle time travel in Stardust Speedway.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Shadow Hog posted:

That's Stardust Speedway.
Welp, show's what I know. CD is definitely the game I'm least familiar with out of the classic lineup.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

I'm curious to see how, or if, they handle time travel in Stardust Speedway.

Well that's the past version of Stardust. Maybe they'll just have each act be in a different time period.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm also curious which version of the music they go with, I really like all of Stardust Speedway's music so it would be neat to have something more than just a riff on the JP version alone.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://twitter.com/marcoscrislop/status/889558008035852288

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Shadow Hog posted:

IIRC he did a good chunk of the incredible artwork for Archie's brief-lived NiGHTS comic mini-series as well.

The first three of the six adapted the game; the last three... were... wholly original work, to put it mildly.

Penders did no work on the NiGHTS series whatsoever.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

This is beautiful, but it needs the horrifying lips.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Penders did no work on the NiGHTS series whatsoever.

Who was the artist behind those books? Specifically the ones where he looks like a deformed nightmare Earthworm Jim

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 24, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

https://twitter.com/marcoscrislop/status/889584525113556994

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've, uh, gotta go.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Fast.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't sleep. Sonic will eat me. Can't sleep. Sonic will eat me.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This is beautiful, but it needs the horrifying lips.

Who was the artist behind those books? Specifically the ones where he looks like a deformed nightmare Earthworm Jim

Patrick Spaziante shared art duties with Sam Maxwell for the first three issues, and then Sam Maxwell did the remaining three.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bloody Pom posted:

So far we know of six levels. Remixes so far are Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Stardust Speedway and Flying Battery. New zones are Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon.
Up for debate if CastleMania counts as a seventh though a lot of the wikis are counting it as such.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If there's another remix, it'll probably be something from 3 unless they're counting 3 and Knuckles as one game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

If there's another remix, it'll probably be something from 3 unless they're counting 3 and Knuckles as one game.

Remember the elevator said

M
K

So I hope they're counting it as two!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

There's supposed to be many more remixes than new zones, and we've already got three new zones, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Is this Sonic's answer to Trash Bandicoot?