Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Poor Jeff Burton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Leigh Diffey being in the booth for I think Michigan and Watkins Glen now really makes me wonder if they're going to blow it up and start over.

E- Maybe he's only doing Xfinity but I could have sworn I saw somewhere he was doing the Cup races they are as well.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 24, 2017

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
TV ratings for the worst race were 3.3, that is good for a race, not sure how that translates into a 6 hour program though.

Pretty sure rain dampened in person attendance as much as boring.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Should've booted Rick Allen instead.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Elephanthead posted:

TV ratings for the worst race were 3.3, that is good for a race, not sure how that translates into a 6 hour program though.

Pretty sure rain dampened in person attendance as much as boring.

It was tied for 2nd in the primetime numbers for the networks, which means that NASCAR is still making money and justifying big TV deals

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/kaitlynvincie/status/889865943916171264

I get that it's been five years, but Bowyer running a Gordon throwback in any fashion is still slightly :ironicat:.

e- Except that it's apparently a Mark Martin throwback. Had me fooled.

e2- Jayski's team charts are the same as they always were and he popped the 2018 out today:

quote:

?Spencer Gallagher ?Kasey Kahne ?Chevy ? ?GMS Racing/Maury Gallagher ? ?Hendrick Motorsports
GMS Racing is contemplating a move to the Cup Series in 2018. Team owner Maury Gallagher said the organization would like to make a decision in the next month. Hendrick Motorsports could provide the engines and equipment. Supposedly Spencer Gallagher would be the driver and also rumors are attached to Kasey Kahne as the primary driver and a possible 2nd team for GMS

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 25, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
gently caress yeah, Smoke is at OCFS with the All-Stars on Saturday

:getin:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hey we just might finally get SRA merch!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/video/1008814147724

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SRA, ask HMS for #25 because I like that number for some weird reason and would be totally cool pulling for that car number with the HMS font. It would look good as hell in an Allegiant paint scheme.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Not really a surprise at this point, but Blaney is going to a third Penske car next year and Menard is going to the 21.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

so RIP wood brothers paint scheme?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

For 22 races at least

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Damnit. I'd hoped there'd be a way Blaney would stay in the 21 because man that's been a fun story and combo to pull for.

big nipples big life posted:

RIP wood brothers

Penske pulled their poo poo and the Woods are going back to Roush-Yates power.

e- That's what Motorsport.com said, but now the Wood Brothers say they're staying with Penske so :shrug:.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 26, 2017

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's a pretty good move for WB honestly, Menards money is tough to pass up and now they can run a full season pretty easily.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Its not like the Wood Brothers haven't had non-Ford sponsorship (Citgo, Little Debbie, US Air Force) in the past...

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Menard in the 21 with Greg Irwin as CC is gonna be a legit threat to win races IMO

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'll have what he's having.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/MW55/status/890282859000471552

what a loving wanker.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

How did his team do?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Its not like the Wood Brothers haven't had non-Ford sponsorship (Citgo, Little Debbie, US Air Force) in the past...

Yeah but the Menards all yellow scheme is awful.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Peanut President posted:

Yeah but the Menards all yellow scheme is awful.

Counterpoint: SiPag's car.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

This is gone. What was it?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Michael taking a dump from on high on race fans.

basically saying if you didn't drive or own a team you weren't worth listening to.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
https://twitter.com/MW55/status/890306299900067844

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

so no one has to ask after he deletes that one

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

big nipples big life posted:

basically saying if you didn't drive or own a team you weren't worth listening to.
i mean have you seen nascar fans?

(i didnt see the tweet in question)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cygni posted:

i mean have you seen nascar fans?

(i didnt see the tweet in question)

I know if you want to see them the last place you should go is a race on sunday.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

iospace posted:

Counterpoint: SiPag's car.

That's not a counterpoint. It's loving hideous.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Also Mikey's tweet was like "i'll listen to you when you've raced cars for 30 years and owned a race team" which is incredible coming from Mikey loving Waltrip, the Jeff Jarrett of NASCAR.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i hope michael waltrip never stops giving me reasons to hate him

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

also just lmao @ 'fans of this thing aren't worth listening to'

like this is the mindset that brian france must already have and it's why fans are leaving

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

a lot of the terrible poo poo nascar does is from fan councils and poo poo. their fans are loving toxic. put poo poo up for a fan vote and then do the exact opposite and the series would be much better.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crosspostin from Indy, but Kyle Larson has also declared interest in running the Indy 500. However, unlike one Kyle Busch, his boss also has an Indy Car team.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Harveygod posted:

This is gone. What was it?

I maybe had it in my cache. Sorry for just the link, I'm phoneposting.

https://imgur.com/a/3zNK1

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mikey Waltrip FTW

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i agree if ftw means for the wall

like dale earnhardt

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

His kid goes to Michigan? Ugh.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

fire the waltrips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

Also Mikey's tweet was like "i'll listen to you when you've raced cars for 30 years and owned a race team" which is incredible coming from Mikey loving Waltrip, the Jeff Jarrett of NASCAR.

Mark Madden*

• Locked thread