Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like shooting things with friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

shouldn't be too hard to generate an insignificant blip using a wave function

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

this post sure does suck all by itself

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh wow, they extended the beta? Thanks for the heads up, Destiny thread. (Someone probably did post about it and my dumb rear end just skimmed over it.)

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Yeah, it sounds like they want to get in an extra day of testing for their back-end systems. They've warned that they're going to be doing volatile infrastructure testing today and tomorrow, so don't be surprised if you get booted, etc, while they abuse stuff.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 24, 2017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

the good fax machine posted:

Oh wow, they extended the beta? Thanks for the heads up, Destiny thread. (Someone probably did post about it and my dumb rear end just skimmed over it.)

:colbert:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Guardians inspect the remains of Exodus Black on Nessus (Circa 2730, Colorized)

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 24, 2017

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

This is a lot.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I have this theory that all these parts of the game we are seeing were finalized at certain stages of destiny 1s life cycle, so sidearms being total poo poo in this beta is because the destiny 2 team implemented sidearms at the original time of the bad destiny 1 sidearms.

You can kinda see this in the strike too (very vanilla destiny but with Ttk length).

I wonder how many late stage D1 balance/QoL/gameplay improvements will have missed the cut.

Yeah. Sidearms also seem completely redundant with the changes to the weapon system and players carrying two primaries. Sidearms filled a specific niche in the old special weapon system but since it no longer exists there doesn't seem to be any point to having them in the game.

I think that the entire time they've been developing the game they've known what they're doing in regards to the locations and story, but core aspects of the gameplay systems have been in a constant state of flux, such as the switch to two primaries and a power weapon and PvP dropping down to 4v4 across the board. You can see this with things such as the Felwinters PvP map which was obviously designed for 6v6, which makes me wonder how much other content has been designed with the old systems in mind.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hell yeah im into Waveforms....Wanking At Vaginas, Electronic Form Only, Rekt My Schlong.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah. Sidearms also seem completely redundant with the changes to the weapon system and players carrying two primaries. Sidearms filled a specific niche in the old special weapon system but since it no longer exists there doesn't seem to be any point to having them in the game.

I think that the entire time they've been developing the game they've known what they're doing in regards to the locations and story, but core aspects of the gameplay systems have been in a constant state of flux, such as the switch to two primaries and a power weapon and PvP dropping down to 4v4 across the board. You can see this with things such as the Felwinters PvP map which was obviously designed for 6v6, which makes me wonder how much other content has been designed with the old systems in mind.

yeah their niche of being a special that always has ammo (I mean ignoring ib/nlb/ur) is gone, their niche of being a non-shotgun close range special is gone since they're competing against smgs and ARs and handcannons

I guess mayyyyybe they still have the niche of a quickdraw backup weapons but yeah...

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Waffle House posted:

Guardians inspect the remains of Exodus Black on Nessus (Circa 2730, Colorized)

Isn't that us stealing the tires from a Bone Krew "convertible?"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Insane Totoro posted:

Isn't that us stealing the tires from a Bone Krew "convertible?"

We had to get tires for our Scrappy Hoon-Sled S O M E H O W, and the Lamborghini they drove in Vegas was the only thing with the correct bolt pattern

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hunter super is really OP

https://gfycat.com/NeglectedFlashyBetafish

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I like the linear fusion rifle the best, at least for strikes. Stand in a rift and point out where you want damage. The rockets and grenade launcher seem pretty weak but I also can't aim for poo poo with them.

I just wish I could get the fuckin strike helmet. I feel like I have everything else collected, but Destiny mans need to look pretty :saddowns:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Just like my hero cade in the first mission :allears:

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Insane Totoro posted:

The Big Dum Space Mans [KINK] - Your Worst New PS4 Clan!

So I hope you've all been whetting your appetite for shooting mans in outer space (preferably if you are a dum man in space as well) with the Destiny 2 beta. Hey maybe it'll suck, but maybe it'll be good. Maybe there will be cake and we can all shoot mans together on the Playstation 4 gaming console.

What we've worked on this summer is uniting all the disparate goon clans into one big super (dum) clan that helps you meet equally dumb people (in outer space). And then hopefully you get loot that helps you shoot. Because if you don't have loot how can you shoot?

Our Mottos:

"Kay Is a Noob Killa: Moana N'Chill"

"We can finish Oryx Normal Mode before this livestream of Moana ends!"
(we can't, because we're big and dum... in space)

If the Motto Didn't Convince You...

And unlike other goon clans we actually let in people who aren't goons, but only if they're equally dum and in space (because outer space makes you stupid, just like the Internet). And unlike other clans in Destiny, we actually sound the Horn of Goondor (which sounds suspiciously like someone yelling "Nachooooos!") whenever there's a new thing to be done.

In all seriousness, we're composed of all sorts of Destiny veterans, including who go all the way back to Year 1, new recruits who are now Cru Cru experts (and ain't that the true true), and people who are just here to make the Snu Snu in the Cru Cru. But what binds us together (heh) is a common goal: To Have Fun Playing Destiny!

So if you like sex jokes, low pressure/drama environments, admin who are present and actually care about you (this is a lie), and like to shoot the mans, why don't you drop us a line?

Clan Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/s3bu43s

Bungo dot net Clan Page:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Your Clan:

Discord Admin: Waffle House (Maui)
"Waveformsssssss!"

Fireteam Lead and LFG Manager: KayParfait (Moana)
"But it's past my bedtime?!!"

Clan Admin: Insane Totoro (I guess I'm the tree in the background?)
"I've got a 5 Hour energy drink and we can totally finish this raid before we're done watching Moana!

Everyone Else: A couple dozen other goons and special friends on which this big dum ship sails (The Ocean, because fish pee in it and do a bong rip before they go cap A on Shores of Time)

EDIT: OKAY FINE we can cast the other people in the picture.

Clan Weeaboo: PerrineClostermann (Pua, because everyone forgets about him after the beginning of the movie, just like in the Discord)

The Chosen One: Unclouded (Heihei, because this whole endeavor would be lost without his help and we'll need him once we find the waveform that unlocks the Final Nightfall which unlocks the final DLC for Destiny 1)

Note: We never finish a raid before Moana is over. Because we ARE dum.

Other Stuff:

We actually like the company of one another. So we do things besides Destiny:

-Gun chat (we're our own miniature TFR)
-Titanfall 2 (shooting mans in space with even BIGGER more dum guns)
-Car chat (and motorbikes too!)
-Demand better sous vide recipes (and other food chat)
-Livestreams of Moana
-Search for waveforms in games (I think this has something to do with drugs)
-Allow in people who play Destiny 2 on the PC (who bought two copies of this game)
-Cat pictures
-Post screenshots of people being salty on the Internet about the Cru Cru (is this mainly Reddit?)
-Say things about Nintendo like "Splatoon is good" (which Totoro doesn't understand since he hasn't ever owned a Nintendo console)

Rules Too Long, Didn't Read

We're just a low stress group that recently refined a "one strike, no further warnings" rule for people who stir up poo poo or otherwise. Be nice to people. Don't infringe on other people and their ability to have fun in the game. We expect you to act like adults and not wreck the fun of other people.

It's a stupid game on the Internet with lots of guns to find and shoot. We refuse to take it seriously. And we refuse to bring our personal issues along for the ride. In fact, just leave those at the door since we all play games to get the hell away from our other adult duties.

In summary, "Moana N'Chill."

Clan Discord:

Bungo dot net Clan Page:

In Memory Of

R.I.P. Alzion

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sir this is an internet comedy forum

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Insane Totoro posted:

So I hope you've all been whetting your appetite for shooting mans in outer space (preferably if you are a dum man in space as well) with the Destiny 2 beta. Hey maybe it'll suck, but maybe it'll be good. Maybe there will be cake and we can all shoot mans together on the Playstation 4 gaming console.

What we've worked on this summer is uniting all the disparate goon clans into one big super (dum) clan that helps you meet equally dumb people (in outer space). And then hopefully you get loot that helps you shoot. Because if you don't have loot how can you shoot?

Our Mottos:

And unlike other goon clans we actually let in people who aren't goons, but only if they're equally dum and in space (because outer space makes you stupid, just like the Internet). And unlike other clans in Destiny, we actually sound the Horn of Goondor (which sounds suspiciously like someone yelling "Nachooooos!") whenever there's a new thing to be done.

In all seriousness, we're composed of all sorts of Destiny veterans, including who go all the way back to Year 1, new recruits who are now Cru Cru experts (and ain't that the true true), and people who are just here to make the Snu Snu in the Cru Cru. But what binds us together (heh) is a common goal: To Have Fun Playing Destiny!

So if you like sex jokes, low pressure/drama environments, admin who are present and actually care about you (this is a lie), and like to shoot the mans, why don't you drop us a line?

Clan Discord:

Bungo dot net Clan Page:

Your Clan:

"Waveformsssssss!"

"I've got a 5 Hour energy drink and we can totally finish this raid before we're done watching Moana!

Everyone Else: A couple dozen other goons and special friends on which this big dum ship sails (The Ocean, because fish pee in it and do a bong rip before they go cap A on Shores of Time)

Clan Weeaboo: PerrineClostermann (Pua, because everyone forgets about him after the beginning of the movie, just like in the Discord)

The Chosen One: Unclouded (Heihei, because this whole endeavor would be lost without his help and we'll need him once we find the waveform that unlocks the Final Nightfall which unlocks the final DLC for Destiny 1)

Other Stuff:

-Livestreams of Moana
-Allow in people who play Destiny 2 on the PC (who bought two copies of this game)
-Cat pictures
-Post screenshots of people being salty on the Internet about the Cru Cru (is this mainly Reddit?)
-Say things about Nintendo like "Splatoon is good" (which Totoro doesn't understand since he hasn't ever owned a Nintendo console)

We're just a low stress group that recently refined a "one strike, no further warnings" rule for people who stir up poo poo or otherwise. Be nice to people. Don't infringe on other people and their ability to have fun in the game. We expect you to act like adults and not wreck the fun of other people.

It's a stupid game on the Internet with lots of guns to find and shoot. We refuse to take it seriously. And we refuse to bring our personal issues along for the ride. In fact, just leave those at the door since we all play games to get the hell away from our other adult duties.

Clan Discord:

Bungo dot net Clan Page:

In Memory Of

R.I.P. Alzion

Suck my god drat balls

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Please don't clown on a guy for trying to be nice. We must act in solidarity in this, the hour of our extremity

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Actually you guys should be clowning on him hard as hell because that poo poo sucks and you don't want that shameful poo poo hanging over your heads going into destiny 2

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Effort Is Good

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hell yeah that was some effort. Extremely loving Fail Organizational Rambling, Terrible.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I hate that Dumb is misspelled in the clan name :mad:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lmao Bungie should be fukken ashamed of their dumbass selves

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hell yeah that was some effort. Extremely loving Fail Organizational Rambling, Terrible.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Emron posted:

Please don't clown on a guy for trying to be nice. We must act in solidarity in this, the hour of our extremity

Lol thanks but my general stance for all things in life is to let the haters act like clowns and make themselves look dumb.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Insane Totoro posted:

Lol thanks but my general stance for all things in life is to let the haters act like clowns and make themselves look dumb.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Im also retarded and youre coincidentally already on my friends list on ps4. I'll dm you next time I'm online.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao Bungie should be fukken ashamed of their dumbass selves

Gunglinger is pretty bad right now, but you gotta keep in mind that we're all 10 light levels below the stuff in the strike and the damage penalty in destiny is pretty severe.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

How! posted:

Im also retarded and youre coincidentally already on my friends list on ps4. I'll dm you next time I'm online.

I'm so Dum I don't know who you are.

But you can Moana N'Chill with us anyway!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Yeah the clan is pretty cool, everyone should join.

There is a bot you can register with. It pulls info from the destiny API or whatever and ranks everyone so you can show off your e-peen. Example you type "!rank srl" and it ranks everyone based on SRL elo.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Insane Totoro posted:

Our Mottos:

Clan Discord:

Bungo dot net Clan Page:

Your Clan:

"Waveformsssssss!"

Other Stuff:

-Livestreams of Moana
-Cat pictures

Clan Discord:

Bungo dot net Clan Page:

In Memory Of

R.I.P. Alzion

I'm gay

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

You're welcome.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

xzzy posted:

Gunglinger is pretty bad right now, but you gotta keep in mind that we're all 10 light levels below the stuff in the strike and the damage penalty in destiny is pretty severe.

I feel like there's no way they'd intentionally make it so gunslinger can't 1 shot trash mobs, it must be dumb D2 beta things. Given that enemies don't list their level anymore I figure Bungie might switch to using light level deficits as a means of ramping the end game difficulty in D2 the same way the made us bang our heads against level 42 enemies in D1

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Look, you guys, I'm starting a new clan for D2 and everyone is welcome to join. I'll try to make it cross platform so anyone who wants to represent can do just that. I'm still writing my rp, but here's a taste...

"...and all the labor men outside the wall came together. Clans, guilds, and sects were formed. The most prestigious groups were those with masons, carpenters, miners, and farmers..."

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Look, you guys, I'm starting a new clan for D2 and everyone is welcome to join. I'll try to make it cross platform so anyone who wants to represent can do just that. I'm still writing my rp, but here's a taste...

"...and all the labor men outside the wall came together. Clans, guilds, and sects were formed. The most prestigious groups were those with masons, carpenters, miners, and farmersy..."

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

el B posted:

"...and all the labor men outside the wall came together. Clans, guilds, and sects were formed. The most prestigious groups were those with masons, carpenters, miners, and farmers..."

Sounds scandalous.

I'm in

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Hello, here’s a pretty neat idea for Bungie in the new social space- The Farm.

Now, I know what you’re thinking, why do we need fishing? Well, I’ll tell you. It adds a factor of fun and excitement, especially when you catch something cool. Here’s how it can be planned out

A fishing vendor, a robot with your average fishing gear and hat called FLY-F1SH3R will arrive at the pond. He sells fishing rods and bait. The bait costs glimmer or legendary marks. Of course, the legendary mark bait will be higher quality and has the potential to fish up better loot. There are 3 rods you can buy...

Tier 1 Rod- Hard Wood, breaks after 15 casts
Tier 2 Rod- Steel, breaks after 30 casts
Tier 3 Rod- Reinforced Steel, breaks after 50 casts

The rods will be unlocked via catching loot/items/fish for FLY-F1SH3R in quests. At the end of his quest line, he gives you his exotic heavy gun called “The Whalebane”, it’s a harpoon gun that holds up to 4 harpoons.

The Whalebane is an exotic heavy weapon, and it’s the only Harpoon Gun in the game. Its damage type is Arc, and its exotic perk allows for all 4 harpoons to be shot at once by holding the reload button. The harpoons will however have a decent sized spread, and do some less damage.

After the quest line, you can still fish for loot and fish. FLY-F1SH3R will still buy your fish for glimmer, which you can use to buy more bait.

To keep people motivated to fishing, there will be rare fish in the pond. These fish sell for LEGENDARY MARKS. Yes, these are worth quite a bounty and FLY-F1SH3R will gladly take them off your hands. All of your catches will be recorded in your fishing book, along with the date where you caught the fish.

The loot pool of the Pond consists of weapons (No heavy weapons), boxes of glimmer, unique consumables, and fish.

There will be 6 docks that guardians can fish off of.

So, that’s my idea. I hope you guys enjoy it :).

Just thought of another idea, fishing bounties! Such as catch 50 fish, catch a rare fish, or even catch-of-the-week bounties!

Ideas for consumables listed below-

1. Essence of Luck, increased chance of reeling in a Rare Fish

2. Essence of Power, infinite casts for the next 3 minutes

3. Essence of Fortune, increased chance of reeling in a box of glimmer

4. Essence of Venture, increased chance of reeling in a quest item (stops dropping after fishing quest line is finished)

I'm going to make a clan called Fat Anglers Group (FAG) for those who want to join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Hello, here’s a pretty neat idea for Bungie in the new social space- The Farm.

I'm going to make a clan called Fat Anglers Group (FAG) for those who want to join

loving lol